Movin' On

Michael’s POV

The next two nights, Sydney had the same dream, waking up screaming with tears running down her cheeks. I have been there for her each time she has woken up frightened that they had killed me, and so far I have been able to tell her it was just a dream, and nothing can take me from her. That is until this morning. I got a frantic visit from Eric Weiss.

“Mike, I need to talk to you privately.” He said.

“Sure. Let’s go out on the back patio by the pool.” I said.

“What’s going on?” Sydney asked.

“Nothing Syd, just man stuff.” Weiss replied

“Oh, ok.” She said with a skeptical tone.

We moved out to the patio and out of Sydney’s ear shot. He pulled out a bug killer to be safe.

“What the hell Eric? What is going on?” I demanded.

“I don’t want to get Syd worked up, seeing as she is about to pop, but we may have a problem.” He started.

“What are you talking about Eric?” I said.

“You need to get Sydney somewhere safe, untraceable, where she can have the baby and lie low for a while.” He said.

“Why? What do you know?” I asked.

“The CIA intercepted a transmission on Echelon that had not only Sydney’s name used, but the word baby, and Sark and Lauren. They are planning something. I am telling you. Get her packed, and somewhere safe, before we have a replay of her disappearing again.” Eric said seriously.

“I have an idea. I am going to call Justin Timberlake for this.” I said.

“What? Justin Timberlake? You know him?” Eric asked.

“Well, he is sort of close with Syd. Don’t ask. Anyways. I will use him to get her somewhere safe, and then I will come meet her when I feel it is safe. If we left together that would just cause too much suspicion. We need to set up some means of contacting you for information, I mean for Christ’s sakes Eric..we are about to have a baby. Any day now.” I said frustrated.

“I know Mike, I know. I just don’t want something to happen to Syd, or your baby. You guys just finally found some peace together, and I want to be on the safe side here, until we can get Sark.” He said.

“I will get into contact with Justin as soon as possible. He considers Syd to be like a sister to him, he will do anything to protect her, and he has multiple homes that we could hide her at.” I said.

“Good. I told Jack, and he is having Marshall help us with this. We have to make you both disappear. At least for a while.” He said.

I rubbed my eyes not wanting to have to go in the house and break it to my wife, that her dreams could possibly have been a premonition and not a nightmare. She is going to freak out, no doubt about it.

“I just don’t know how to tell her this.” I said.

“I know man. I will leave you alone, but the sooner you get her out of here, the better, I assume you are being watched, they are waiting for her to go into labor. Those bastards are going to try something, I just know it. Be safe, I’ll be in contact.” Eric said as he left me on the patio.

I walked to the edge of the railing outside and looked out at the ocean in our back yard. The beautiful ocean view piece of paradise that we now call home, and I hate the idea of our child being brought into the world while in hiding. I hate that we can’t just be left alone to be normal.

I am startled out of my thoughts as I feel Syd’s warm arms wrap around me from behind.

“Hey. You ok?” she asked sweetly.

“Syd.” I started.

“What’s wrong?” she asked worried.

I moved us to the outdoor shower, and turned it on full blast, and brought her close to me, wrapping my arms around her to whisper in her ear, just in case someone is listening.

“Syd, there has been a threat; we need to move you somewhere safe. I need you to get in contact with Justin; we are going to need his help.” I whispered in her ear.

“What kind of a threat?” she asked.

“The CIA intercepted a phone call between Lauren and Sark, and they mentioned you and the baby.” I said sadly.

“Michael..what? What do they want with me? I quit the CIA.” She said.

“I think those freaks think the baby has something to do with Rambaldi.” I said.

“Michael, you’re scaring me. I am about to have this baby. What am I going to do?” she asked.

“Shhh…baby calm down. We are going to get through this together. I am going to get Justin to get you somewhere safe, and then I am going to come meet you when it seems safe. We are most likely being watched, if we leave together it will raise too many suspicions.” I said.

“Oh God, my nightmare is coming true. If something happens to you Michael, I won’t be able to take it.” She said tearing up.

“Syd, please don’t cry. We are going to be fine. I will not miss the birth of this baby for anything. I promise you.” I said hugging her tight to my chest.

“I just love you so much, please tell me it will be ok.” She said.

“I promise, now we need to get Justin over here, do you know where he is?” I asked.

“Yes, he is in town. I will call him.” She said.

“Good. But act like nothing is wrong. Our phones could be tapped. When he gets here, we will activate a bug killer in the house.” I said.

“K. I will go call him.” She said.

“Sydney, it is going to be ok, I promise. Now give me a kiss.” I said.

She gave me a sweet kiss and turned to go back into the house to call Justin. As she was walking away, I let out a huge sigh, not knowing how this is going to go down is killing me, and all I want to do is protect her, is this ever going to end? This should be the happiest time of our lives…welcoming our first child. Now we are uncertain of what kind of a future we will have until they are caught and the threat is handled.

TBC….

a/n: so sorry I didn’t update Sunday..this chapter sucked..but they are getting better now..cause I laid the ground work for whats to come….don’t worry..there will be some angsty type stuff, just cause I don’t write enough angst…and then fluff!! Enjoy..and don’t forget to review.

Crinx :rolleyes:

Ohh I hope they'll be fine!

“I have an idea. I am going to call Justin Timberlake for this.” I said.
That has to be the funniest line in history! It's just. LOL!

Anyways, great chapter! Can't wait for more. :P

the justin timber lake thing was funny!!! i hope sydney and her baby will be okay. i hope Vaughn lives to. pm me when you update please

YAYA a crinx update!! lol. This chapter did NOT suck, what were you talkin about?? it was awesome! And the Tj thing made me laugh, iam sorry i just find it funny! but vaughny better be there for when the baby comes crinx...or I'll....well idk what ill do but ill be sad!! Update :poke: lol ~Lizzy

ih man I hope it all goes well. Seeing that this is in the R section I think it would be okay for you to give Sark and Lauren a slow and painful death!

Great chapter... I hope they catch Sark and Lauren soon before they can do anything to Syd, Vaughn and the baby. Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

You guys like my JT humor huh? It cracked me up too...like they are big spys..and they call in a favor from Justin Timberlake. Hey...I like to use celebrities in my fics...I got some Orlando action going in Sex and the City....oh yeah!! I haven't decided what celeb to use in Rescue Me...but I was thinking..you know who is really freakin' hot???????? Well in my opinion at least.. Ryan Gosling..

Check him out...seriously...Ryan

It's his cute puppy dog eyes...I wanna lick him!! Just Kidding.

Love ya guys for your sweet updates....

Crinx :rolleyes:

Back