Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Member no posts 5-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just here

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
How many forums or discussion groups/communities are you a member with?

Do you use the same screenname?

What are your top 3 forums/groups(Give links)

Name one forum/group you are a member of but have not visited in a long time (Give Link)

Besides here (of course! :P) I visit mostly news sites (CNN, FOXNews) and support sites for vBulletin and the day job (.net programming). I honestly don't visit other 'chat' sites much these days.

There's a couple of forums I frequent on the Internets...............

~~NewsOnF1.com............. www.newsonf1.com
I'm probably here the most as I am a forum moderator here(my bailiwick is North American Motorsports, in particular the two major open wheel series in the U.S., the Indy Racing League( www.indycar.com ) and the Champ Car World Series (www.champcarworldseries.com ); I've been a regular poster there since June 2005(just look for the screen name mlittle).....remind me to mention sometime how I got to be a moderator there....... It's main focus, as the name suggests, is the "Pinnacle of World Motorsport", Formula 1, but there are forum sections for the Australian V8 Supercars, NA Motorsports, MotoGP and other areas as well(a Lounge area, a Motorsport area for every other form of racing, a Trivia section, etc.). Its' a really cool site; check it out when you get the chance! :smiley: :smiley:

~~AutoRacing1.................. www.autoracing1.com
Another great autoracing site; its' a pay-subcription site, but it is worth the small chunk of change for some of the most up-to-date news/rumors in motorsports; other than the sometimes vitriolic anti-IRL, anti-NASCAR and anti-GrandAm views expressed here and on their motorsports forum, its' still a great site

~~Speed Channel................www.speedtv.com
Another interesting motorsports site; they cover pretty much everything; there's also an interesting meesage board there as well

Other sites of interest.................................
Formula 1............................................www.formula1.com
Grand Am............................................www.grand-am.com
American LeMans Series......................www.americanlemans.com
Atlantic Championship.........................www.champcaratlantic.com

I'm getting a feeling that MLittle might be a European racing fan. I'm not sure why, but I've got a suspicion. HHmm......

:D

I'm getting a feeling that MLittle might be a European racing fan. I'm not sure why, but I've got a suspicion. HHmm......

:D

Not quite, Kevin......All I know is that I set my motorsports calendar every year with the month of May being at the center due to that Memorial Day Weekend race, "the Greatest Spectacle in Racing", the Indianapolis 500; there is nothing quite like being at 16th and Georgetown(where Indianapolis Motor Speedway is centered at) watching 33 fire-breathing Indycars scream down the front stretch at full song.....the 2.5 miles of Central Indiana blacktop crowned with a yard of bricks(which is where the speedway gets its' nickname "the Brickyard") are the closest thing to motorsports heaven that one can find......but I make allowances for some other great motorsports events(the Rolex 24 at Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring, the 24 Hours of LeMans and the Bathurst 1000, among others......). Besides, as some of my co-workers remind me often, I am that rarest of racing fans.....an open-wheeler in the heart of stock-car country. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SuperCross is THE sports season of the year for me! It appears on UK tv at silly times of the morning and too untimely to keep up regular so I have to resort to the internet to get stuff close after it happens.

There's probably a dozen to a score of sites I'm registered with outside those interests (communities you have to register with to get in and see what's going on and then discover nothing much, or counter to their association in google!) I've forgotten about and only remember when I get a yearly newsletter posting off them!

So far, in my search for boredom relievers, I've just joined this one. I used to be a lot more sociable on the net, but I've become more cautious or something in my old age.

Back