Music/Artists That You Hate!

What music/artists makes you want to vomit every time you hear it? :lol:

My list (It could be a lot longer, but I cut it down to a few):

*Bubble-gum pop/music that stems out of my butt: Britney Spears, Christina Auguliera (however you spell her name), N'Sync/Timberlake, etc etc........the worst music on the planet. It's a combination of computer sounds, ronchy outfits/dancing and plently of doo-doo. (n)

*Rap/hip-hop/R&B/stereotypical urban music:Eminem, Ja Rule, Nelly, Missy Elliot, R. "the child molestoring" Kelly, etc etc........this isn't even music. It's just loud "boom boom boom's" and pointless ranting with a touch of crude-sexual lyrics. For some reason these artists feel the need to make-up words and phrase while purposely making spelling errors------> "bling; dogg; girlz; booty; true-dat; crib".......this is a disgrace to black people everywhere......you want good music, listen to Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder......not this ignorant garbage.

*Punk/skater/teenage angst music:Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, etc etc.............this music is made up of all things teenage angst....every video contains skate boards, snow boards, surfing or something of that nature, with angry-suburban-spoiled teenagers with their fists in the air shouting how things are not fair........this music tends to disguise itself as rock but it is NOT! It is made to suck money out of kids with songs related to suicide, bad-parents (lol), schools, girls/guys who wont date them...you get the point. People who listen to this think they are rebellious and cool, "yes" you are so cool for doing what everyone else does riggght.

*Metal/satanic/B.S:Metalica, Iron Maden, Marlyn Manson, The Insane Clown Possie, etc etc........I would rather sit on the run way of an air port listening to the deafening sounds of 747 air planes than listen to this "music".......it's made up of loud instruments which, create a sound that is not tolerable to a normal human ear.......it targets people who hate society and anything good......this cr*p can go back to the Hell it came from.

I'm done......... ;)

~~Spongy! :cool:

Ha, then what's left? Just kidding, I think that my list is exactly the same but plus most new country, can't stand it, I think it has something to do with association to a person that I hate who listens to it or the twangyness. But then again I've learned that while finding a great new band that almost no one else knows about can make me estatic the same occurs when a true fan of one of the bubble gum pop fiends attends one of their concerts. So in the end it's to each their own. But if I could rid the world of a few things it'd be bubble gum pop, new/unoriginal rap/hip-hop, the MTV version of punk, heavy metal, and country. :D

I think that my list is exactly the same but plus most new country

I couldn't agree more......new country is like hicks trying to be pop but not admiting it. ;)
Johnny Cash...now that's kick a**s country (y)

I would have also added techo/dance to the list too, but I promised to only list a few :rolleyes:

Ha, then what's left? Just kidding

LMAO!

Plenty........they just don't show it on MTV

There is a pattern to the list.....they are all genres of music that don't require a lot of talent, the artists carbon copies of one another, it's over-marketed, it just plane sucks.

~~Spongy!

lol i agree with you almost on everyone spongy. Good list

i hate fake punk,wanna be punk like GC...
Good punk is distillers and sex pistols , and the clash
i hate bubble gum pop
hate the crappy so called "hip hop" nelly and them
Only good hip hop is like the olderstuff, tribe called quest, and Jurassic 5 is good as well. Now its all about girls wearin skimpy stuff in vids, and catchy lyrics.
And country, i cringe at anything country, yuck! but johnny cash is classic, he's cool.

But i dont' agree on metallica tho, i think their are a awsome band

lol you forgot the new wave of actors turned singers: like hilary duff, i could strangle that kid, can't even sing. oh and J.Lo, yuck, well dancer turned singer turned actor lol.

Good punk is distillers and sex pistols , and the clash

I agree (y)

lol you forgot the new wave of actors turned singers: like hilary duff, i could strangle that kid, can't even sing. oh and J.Lo, yuck, well dancer turned singer turned actor lol.

Hillary would fall under the "Bubble-gum pop/music that stems out of my butt" section.
JLO in the "Rap/hip-hop/R&B/stereotypical urban music".

~~Spongy!

I agree with most of that list. But the ones that really stand out for me are Britney Spears and Hilary Duff. Britney Spears just basically has people write songs for her and then she strips on stage so that everyone won't hear what felgercarb shes singing about. I would rather cut off one of my own fingers than see her in concert. And Hilary Duff... well she just is another one of those artists who just follow everyone else. She thinks that she's so rockish and original but she couldn't be farther from it. Pop music sounds all the same.

Oh- and I have a problem with country. I can only take so much of people singing in accents about how their dog died or whatever. But the ones that do go outside that genre of lyrics are ok.

The bands that are good are ones that actually sing about something that means something, and sounds good.

Em

lol hilary duff is so bad, she deserves her own topic i think. she can't sing, can't write, she doesn't even have a passion for music, she follows the cash.

i have no respect for ppl that dont' write thier own music, and lip sycing just goes wayyyyyyyyyy over the line. She's a puppet lol

i hate boy band pop or boyish pop now that music is so out....for instance maroon 5 with their new song really sux...clay aiken srry but he sux...and sum otha ppl i have no clue wh othey are but i see their music on mtv or vh-1 and when flipping through the radio stations i hear it and im just like *ewwww get it off* :lol:

AmyLeerockergurl15 said:
Britney Spears just basically has people write songs for her and then she strips on stage so that everyone won't hear what felgercarb shes singing about. I would rather cut off one of my own fingers than see her in concert.
^^ haha!!! YES!!! i agree!!!

hehe i love your list spongey!!! especially the pop and the rap/hip-hop/etc part. i can't stand j.lo, ja rule, ashanti and missy elliot. plus all the rest of them. and i hate good charlotte and simple plan!!!! somebody shoot all of the american "idols"! wtf is music coming to?!?!?!

I'm going to add some bad UK acts. Atomic Kitten, Blue, Liberty x, Blazin Squad and Gareth Gates. These are some of the worst in the UK and there all part of the manufactured pop thing that SUCKS. Any UK poeple agree with my choices

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
I think that my list is exactly the same but plus most new country

I couldn't agree more......new country is like hicks trying to be pop but not admiting it. ;)
Johnny Cash...now that's kick a**s country (y)

I would have also added techo/dance to the list too, but I promised to only list a few :rolleyes:

Ha, then what's left? Just kidding

LMAO!

Plenty........they just don't show it on MTV

There is a pattern to the list.....they are all genres of music that don't require a lot of talent, the artists carbon copies of one another, it's over-marketed, it just plane sucks.

~~Spongy!
may ask spongy wut you do listen to....b/c like u practically listed all the music types except for like jazz and opra stuff ;)

and how can you hate techno/dance music?!? :eek: ....thats like the best stuff out there...besides rap and rock/punk rock

I don't understand how people settle for music where they can't connect with the artist, I mean most mainstream musicians don't have time to connect with their fans and to me that is one of the most important parts of music, knowing that the people singing and playing their instruments are real people deserving of my time and money.

Plus in most cases I have trouble swallowing a group of people who get fame and never even touch an instrument.

The best thing I think ever said in relation to this subject was on Conan, it went along the lines of, "The Spice Girls appeared last night on Leno, not only did the five of them sing, but they had back up singers. Now, if there are five of you and all you do is sing, why do you need back up singers?" <<<Glory! :D

may ask spongy wut you do listen to....b/c like u practically listed all the music types except for like jazz and opra stuff

Huh, huh, huh??? :confused:

If you think that those are the only genres of music than you need to get out more often.........the truth is, really talented musicians of today can't really be placed in a "genre".

You can tell who is good by these factors:

-Writes their own music with out the help of computer sounds
-Plays an instrument (preferably)
-Can sell records with out controversy
-You hear very little about their private life
-They write/sing about things which, are important to them and meaningful in general.
-They could still sell records and tour when their 50 etc
-They don't release their own brands of clothes, perfume, make-up etc
-They don't need pirotechnics (can't sp) and other expensive over-the-top things to perform on stage.
-Even if they were butt ugly, it wouldn't affect their career
-I could really go on.

A lot of people are stuck in the MTV frame of mind......I feel sorry for these people......I truly do.

and how can you hate techno/dance music?!?  ....thats like the best stuff out there...besides rap and rock/punk rock

Are you kidding me? Seriously.......it's the best stuff out there besides rap and puck! :P

I can tell where someones brain is set when their favorite music is a combination of repetative-pointless beats and people yelling out gratuitus sexual referances....."Yo yo be-actch! Why don't you bend down and let me smack that boo-tay and lets get biz-zay!" (n)

~~Spongy!

i absolutely hate the bubble gum pop people have mentioned. but i can handle most other stuff. i do however, despise outkast, or however the hell you spell it. i flip through radio stations and it's on all the freakin time.

however, i have no problem with what Spongy termed the teen angst music. what can i say, i'm a teenager, going through all that suburban, self-centered angst felgercarb myself, so i like bands like Good Charlotte.

new country, is something i'm not a big fan of either. i like some of it. i like the Dixie Chicks, and a few other artists. however, like some people already said Johnny Cash is a classic. he's a guy who's music will never be forgotten. and everything he did, even if he's redoing someone else's song was original. i mean, i like Nine Inch Nails, but i liked Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" even better.

Back