Music You Hate

country. I despise country. Especially Gretchen what's her name...she was at the Grammies....she sings that awful song I'm a Redneck Woman or something. *shudder* the sad part is my mom for some reason has become an increasingly more enthused country fan. :thud:

Brittany said:
country.  I despise country.  Especially Gretchen what's her name...she was at the Grammies....she sings that awful song I'm a Redneck Woman or something.  *shudder*  the sad part is my mom for some reason has become an increasingly more enthused country fan.  :thud:
[post="1236139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

mine too! she puts it in the CD player and plays it while we're in the car....

eta: it's gretchen wilson, btw :angelic:

I have to admit, some country is not that bad. This is not my preferred genre, but I can stand some of it. There is, however, a lot that is AWFUL. Gretchen Wilson does come to mind, and the absolute worst in my opinion is that Tobey Keith song about sticking a boot up their ass because its the American way. What? How ignorant and arrogant. I told my dad this today and he completely disagreed...and called me a Democrat. (I'm not by the way, I'm a moderate; he's just extremely Republican.)

Tommy said:
...so you like girls singing country?  :confused:  :lol:
[post="1236120"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lmao:

i just LOVE Sarah McLachlan, Holly McNarland, Heather Nova, Rosie Thomas, Chantal Kreviazuk, Natalie Merchant, Sophie Zelmani, Annie Beathancourt, Butterfly Boucher, Jewel (everything before 03-04), Aimee Mann, .... in the female singer/songwriter genre

and Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Epica, Lacuna Coil, Therion & Tristania in the symphonic (opera) metal genre

Oooooooooooooooooooh and a f***ing song i really HATE is like THE hit in Europe at the mo ...

it's like this kidssong in German "Schnappie das kleine Krokodil" it's really awful!
you can't go to a party without hearing that f***ing song 3 times :blink: :confused:

is the that song with that like "mee-ah-hee, mee-ah-hoe" ? No. I thought that had a word in it that looked like the word "dragon"

anyway

Tobey Keith song about sticking a boot up their ass because its the American way. What? How ignorant and arrogant. I told my dad this today and he completely disagreed...and called me a Democrat. (I'm not by the way, I'm a moderate; he's just extremely Republican.)

I HATE HIM. You are right, he made that song about the American way, which is like the opposite of American principles. One word sums him up : Ugh

UncoveringAlias said:
is the that song with that like "mee-ah-hee, mee-ah-hoe" ? No. I thought that had a word in it that looked like the word "dragon"

anyway

No, that song is "Dragostan din tei" by Haiduci ...

it's in Romenian... i hate that song as well haha, but luckely that's passed

Tommy said:
I have to admit, some country is not that bad.  This is not my preferred genre, but I can stand some of it. 
[post="1236415"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My idea of good country is old school like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Hank Williams to name a few. There are some bands in my CD collection that have gone country in some of their songs like Counting Crows, Wallflowers, Depeche Mode :eek: , and Beck. Then again, what genre has Beck not done yet. :D

Just realised again I HATE midi files music... :rifle: you visit a site- and all of the sudden the most awful songs are playing :blink:

um... muzak, elevator music or songs with a pan pipe flute are terrible too
and why oh why did Mitch from Baywatch, what's his name, David Hasselhoff, ever start singing???
having some problems with Ronan Keating too...
and I'm not a big fan of new retro (whatever that means) rock bands

pretty sure I dislike more music :Ponder: oh well, who cares! ;)

I loooathe country music, rap, most R&B, sappy love songs by people like ronan keating, the kind of music Simple plan plays, i dont know what its called. That crappy "rock" felgercarb. Any kind of metal.

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
Rap
Country- Ack. Cant stand country
All that hippie music xP

"Over and Over Again"- by that country guy and that rap dude. I cant remember their names
[post="1342116"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's by Nelly and Tim McGraw and you're right: (modern) rap and country are the pits. It's all about old school in those genres although I do like Outkast and Kanye West regarding current rap (and some Jay-Z songs).

Back