Music You'd Like To Hear On Alias

i'm lookin forward to maybe some more Natalie Merchant...they've used 2 already in season 1 and they seem work well with it

I really don't want to start hearing things like boybands and stuff like that...not just boybands but the kinda stuff that's been played on the radio soooooo much that you just can't take it anymore! lol. That's one good thing about alias music...it's not pop, radioed to death, and it's not something you hear everyday...

Sydney Bristow said:
I really don't want to start hearing things like boybands and stuff like that...not just boybands but the kinda stuff that's been played on the radio soooooo much that you just can't take it anymore! lol. That's one good thing about alias music...it's not pop, radioed to death, and it's not something you hear everyday...
I agree.

The music on Alias is almost unknown, which is a good thing. It puts more meaning into it. (But I would still like to hear Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This for Syd/Vaughn stuff)

I agree with both of you on that. Just keep the music the way it is now.

Maybe they could use "Amazed" by Lonestar for Sydney and Vaughn, too.

that could be kool! they used a song called Farewell once by Rosie Thomas...there's another good song of her's that's called Wedding Day...imagine the day they can use that for Syd and Vaughn! :D
[sigh] :blush: i know i know...get real brittany...but hey! i can dream! :jump: :lovers:

I'd flip if I heard Songs:Ohia or Bob Mould. (Hey, I flipped when Billy Boyd flashed a Sigur Ros CD on the Lord of the Rings special last night; good taste!) But even a more heard-of artist like PJ Harvey would be fantastic. Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea has so many great songs and several would be great for Alias (and I'm not hearing them on the local station; that's why I listen to 3wk.com instead of radio ...). Of course "Precious Pain" (Melissa Ethridge) could serve as Jack's theme song, but JJ Abrams doesn't like to be that obvious.

3wk and Alias. That's where I find my music.

A Moment Like This would be PERFECT for Syd and Vaughn's first kiss.

"A moment like this! Some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this. Some people search forever, for that one special kiss. Oh I can't believe it's happenin to me. Some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this..."

A Moment Like This would be PERFECT for Syd and Vaughn's first kiss.

Hi! This is my first post ever on this site. :smiley: This is exciting.

Anyways... I hate to disagree with people on my first post, but I don't think that A Moment Like This would be fitting. Don't get me wrong, it's a catchy and very popular song, but that's just it... it's REALLY popular. Even my father knows the song. Here's a list of songs that Abrams has put in episodes that have had a lot of radio time (feel free to add... I'm working from memory here):
Walk On, by U2
You're a God, by Vertical Horizon
Blister in the Sun, by the Violent Femmes
Angel, by Sarah McLachlan
No Such Thing, by John Mayer
Dream On, by Depeche Mode

I was a huge Felicity fan and I've noticed that Abrams has used the same type of music for both of his shows... he even used Kate Bush's This Woman's Work in a season 1 episode of Alias (the song is on the first Felicity soundtrack). So while it would be cool to use a song like A Moment Like This, it's not likely to happen. Mmm... thinking of the first Sydney-Vaughn kiss... 🤤 :D
I would love to hear more Joni Mitchell... River (from one of the eps this season) is one of my favorite songs, but I'm not sure how much her stuff fits in with the show. Some more Norah Jones or Chantal Kreviazuk would be nice too, or potentially Bic Runga.

Well, I think that's a long enough first post. I talk too much. :rolleyes: :cool:

Welcome! Talking is not a bad thing, or if it is, I'm in deep trouble ;)

Anyway, then what song do you think would be the perfect Sydney/Vaughn kiss scene?

Anyway, then what song do you think would be the perfect Sydney/Vaughn kiss scene?

Wow, I don't even know... haha, I don't think I'd actually be thinking much about the song, 'cause it would be Sydney and Vaughn kissing! :lol: Definately something soft and slow... I think Bursting Through, by Bic Runga would be, not quite perfect, but pretty close.

Sherly Crow "I Shall Believe"
Fisher "I Will Love You"
Jewel "Angel Standing By"
The Calling "Stigmatized" - I think this one fits their situation the most

something like "hoops" by chemical brothers would be good for a sydney kick-butt mission scene.
and for some syd/vaughn scenes, "the last dance" and "do what you have to do" by sarah mclachlan, they would be great. they should also use some dave matthews cuz that is jennifer's fave band and they would be good for syd/will/fran fun scenes.

Back