My beef with Counter Strike:Source

Daax

Cadet
Counter Strike is really starting to piss me off nowadays. Why? I'll tell you why.

1.)Lag

I hate the lag. I don't even like playing in a room with more than 20 people because of it.

2.)Stupid ignorant ass admins

Most admins suck. They abuse their power and kick people and use hacks. frack them.

3.)Un-creative maps

No, I'm not talking about surf maps and other special maps. I'm talking about maps that are supposed to simulate real situations. Like de_dust, cs_italy, etc... But these maps are truly nothing more than a game of capture the flag between 2 castles. If a real Navy Seal team were to assault a terroist faction, the terrorist would never know it. And there just isn't enough places to move around on these maps. Most of the time it's just plain luck whose team wins just because of chance and positioning of people on the map.

4.) Screwed up aim

Something is wrong with the crosshairs and guns in this game. When I have my crosshair on my enemy's head and I pull the trigger. Their head should be blown of their necks. But no. Instead when I pull the trigger, the crosshair grows the size of half your screen and the bullets proceed to fly anywhere except where your crosshair was at.

5.)Health and armor

When I shoot somebody in the chest and arms with an AK at medium/close range with about 20 bullets, they should not still be standing even with kevlar on. Especially when I see blood flying from their torso as I do it. No instead with their smidge of health left(which i don't know why they still have) they proceed to turn and kill me in 2 shots in the foot, and then turn again to run away as if I didn't just unload 20 rounds into their chest.

All in all, the game mechanics are kinda fucked up and the health and armor is what pisses me off the most. The only reason I still play this game is because of surf maps.

Maybe I'm just pissed today.... <_<

Sounds like Daax needs a new game (coughL2coughSherris'privateservercough)

>whistles innocently looking at the ceiling<

Xhar

But don't you have to buy L2 from a store. i can't just download the entire game off the site, can I?

btw, 300th post. Uh oh....Hammertime!

Originally posted by Daax@May 19 2006, 10:04 PM
Counter Strike is really starting to piss me off nowadays. Why? I'll tell you why.

1.)Lag

I hate the lag. I don't even like playing in a room with more than 20 people because of it.

2.)Stupid ignorant ass admins

Most admins suck. They abuse their power and kick people and use hacks. frack them.

3.)Un-creative maps

No, I'm not talking about surf maps and other special maps. I'm talking about maps that are supposed to simulate real situations. Like de_dust, cs_italy, etc... But these maps are truly nothing more than a game of capture the flag between 2 castles. If a real Navy Seal team were to assault a terroist faction, the terrorist would never know it. And there just isn't enough places to move around on these maps. Most of the time it's just plain luck whose team wins just because of chance and positioning of people on the map.

4.) Screwed up aim

Something is wrong with the crosshairs and guns in this game. When I have my crosshair on my enemy's head and I pull the trigger. Their head should be blown of their necks. But no. Instead when I pull the trigger, the crosshair grows the size of half your screen and the bullets proceed to fly anywhere except where your crosshair was at.

5.)Health and armor

When I shoot somebody in the chest and arms with an AK at medium/close range with about 20 bullets, they should not still be standing even with kevlar on. Especially when I see blood flying from their torso as I do it. No instead with their smidge of health left(which i don't know why they still have) they proceed to turn and kill me in 2 shots in the foot, and then turn again to run away as if I didn't just unload 20 rounds into their chest.

All in all, the game mechanics are kinda fucked up and the health and armor is what pisses me off the most. The only reason I still play this game is because of surf maps.

Maybe I'm just pissed today.... <_<
1 - I don't have any issues with lag. Maybe it's your provider?

2 - Definitely a subjective thing here. Find better servers. Like the FISH.

3 - Luck is the determining factor in victory? ....how long have you been playing?

4 - Two words: burst fire.

5 - Repeat after me: this. is. a. game. If it were meant to be realistic, it'd be airsoft.

It sounds to me like you just hate FPSes. :P

Back