Comedy My Big Fat Greek Life

Title: My Big Fat Greek Life

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2003-02-24

Creator: Nia Vardalos

Cast: Nia Vardalos, Steven Eckholdt, Lainie Kazan, Gia Carides, Louis Mandylor, Michael Constantine, Andrea Martin

Overview: From an early age, Nia is mortified by her old-fashioned Greek family's patriotic, over-the-top ways. But, when she falls in love and marries a non-Greek teacher, Thomas Miller, her family eventually learns to accept him and Nia learns to accept her family's meddlesome ways. As Nia and Thomas return from their honeymoon to begin their new life together, they find that this new life includes her overzealous, extended family.
My Big Fat Greek Life

Did anyone see "My Big Fat Greek Life" last week? I loved the movie, but I didn't like the show, so I didn't watch it last night. I thought that they over-acted, and the story wasn't great. What do you think?

I think it's pretty funny - but I just don't think it's as good as the movie was ! Part of it losing it's touch for me was the show changing her name and her husband ! Oh well - at least I can still watch the movie !

I think it would have been better if they'd done the show without a laugh-track, sort of like Scrubs. That way it would seem more like the movie, and in my opinion, would be funnier. But it's still pretty funny, for a sitcom.

i know what you mean. i think it's funny how hwe parents see them at their house. :lol: they ring the doorbell then say, "Mia! It's your parents who love you!" :lol: In the beginning of the first ep it was SO funny. :lol:

"Are you pregnant yet?"

"Mom! We've been only married for ten days!"

"SO???"

:lol: :sideroll: :rotflmao:

and the commercial when her aunt (i think it's her aunt) and her cousin happen to see them in the kitchen kissing and her aunt says, "Oh, your having sex. I'll be back in five minutes." :lol: