Comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

GO Syd

Cadet
Title: My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Tagline: Love is here to stay... so is her family.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Joel Zwick

Cast: Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Lainie Kazan, Michael Constantine, Andrea Martin, Joey Fatone, Louis Mandylor, Gia Carides, Christina Eleusiniotis, Marita Zouravlioff, Gerry Mendicino, Bess Meisler, Jayne Eastwood, Fiona Reid, Bruce Gray, Frank Falcone, Stavroula Logothettis

Release: 2002-02-22

Runtime: 95

Plot: A young Greek woman falls in love with a non-Greek and struggles to get her family to accept him while she comes to terms with her heritage and cultural identity.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

I loved the movie. I didn't really want to see it, but my friend dragged me there, and I'm so glad I went. The windex part was hilarious.

And the show isn't good? I was kind of expecting that so I didn't watch it. Maybe I'll check it out next week.

first of all her name isnt tula in the show it is nia (the actors name) and ian is a different character and the problem is it isnt funny it is too stereotypicall

ahh!! i loved the movie! i want to get the dvd, but i'm waiting for the price to drop.

the best line: "why you want to leeeeaaaave me??" hahahaahahahaha... :lol: he seriously sounded like my mother when he said that. :lol:

it's about this plain 30-year-old greek woman whose family pressures her to marry a nice greek man and have lots of greek babies only she's much more independent and wants to go to college to take classes. eventually, she ends up working at her aunt's travel agency and meets a nice white guy who she falls in love with. and then the rest of the movie just leads up to the eventual wedding, with culture clashes and whatnot along the way. :smiley:

lenkid said:
yeah, I think that sucks that John Corbett isn't in it. And they changed her name? That's stupid.
they changed her name? I had no idea. I didn't watch it at all, since sequels tend to suck, and the tv show is supposed to be like a sequel.

i haven't checked the show out yet, but that's disappointing if it sucks. i think nia vardalos is hysterical! did anyone see her on snl? she was great...one of the better hosts i've seen in a long while (no one attack me, but dare i say, even better than jg :confused: )

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database