Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

My Fair Lady

Discussion in 'Movies' started by twinzz2003, Mar 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

My favorite movie of all time would have to be My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn in it. I just love that movie. If you havn't seen it, it's about a women named Eliza Doolittle who is raised on the streets with bad manners. One day Professer Higgins meets her, and she learns he can make any woman into a proper lady. It is very romantic and sweet, but is a musical. "Lots of chocolates for me to eat" I just had to add that. LOL So does anyone else love this movie as much as I do.

2. Kalan

Kalan Rocket Ranger

hmm probably not as much as you do...but it's a great movie, great music, and audrey is a classic! :D

3. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

It's wonderful to think someone else loves it.

4. MVISAHOTTIE

MVISAHOTTIE Rocket Ranger

i LOVE the movie! The book is also really good! It's called Pygmalion! :D

5. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

What? I thought Pygmalion was the mythology guy who created a statue who he loved so much he went to Athena and asked her to make her real, and she did and so forth.... I've never read the full version. I've mostly only read the edited versions, but they're all called My Fair Lady. Hmmm...

6. MVISAHOTTIE

MVISAHOTTIE Rocket Ranger

NO! The real play is called Pygmalion!

7. marshalllovr4eva

marshalllovr4eva Rocket Ranger

yah and its pretty faithful id say...well lerner and lowe(composers, libretto, etc.) were required to use the written words in their songs...there as british movie version that im sure youll never see which i loved more than my fair lady which is kinda hard to do cause i LOVE my fair lady :) good taste :P

8. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

Thank YOU!

9. Existentialist

Existentialist Entertainment Moderator

It's not my favorite movie of all time, but I love Audrey Hepburn, and the movie was adorable. The first time I saw it was in French class in HS... my french teacher was obsessed with the movie. :)

10. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

If I could sing I would love to play that part.

11. Nad

Nad Rocket Ranger

I love the show. It is funny everyone feels the same way I do about AH in it. She was perfect for the character, I loved her in it. Isn't it true that she did not sing the part? I heard that they tried to get Julie Andrews to sing in AH's place but she declined.

12. marshalllovr4eva

the voice is not audreys loverly jazzy voice(see Funny Face) but Marnie Nixon's loverly operatic soprano...her voice was used a lot...King and I for example

13. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

I loved it! Everyone always tells me I look like Audrey Hepburn! I'm so proud!

14. marshalllovr4eva

you're lucky :) thats what i tell people as an extreme compliment...and sometimes they dont know who im talking about!!! its very sad

15. MegDoll

MegDoll Rocket Ranger

My Fair Lady is one of my favs too ! For anyone who knows something about Ontario ( Canada ) I went and saw the musical in Stratford ( a small town that is world renowned for its plays ) last summer. It was AMAZING !

16. berry_kyoote_spy88

berry_kyoote_spy88 Rocket Ranger

i loved this movie its one of my favorites :P :)

17. Alias_Freak

Alias_Freak Rocket Ranger

I've never seen it.

18. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

I'm so jealous. I told my mom after watching it that I wanted to play Eliza Doolittle on Broadway one day, to bad I can't sing. But actually audrey hepburn didn't sing her own songs either they said she couldn't sing well enough. They really wanted Julie andrews to play in it, but she decided to do Mary poppins instead.

19. Katia

Katia Rocket Ranger

I didn't know so many other people love this movie! It IS my favorite...

20. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

It's the best!!! I really want the soundtrack to My Fair Lady!!! OOO... Maybe the karoke version to. LOL.