Fantasy My Fantasy Novels

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
I’m starting up this thread to post when I have new fantasy novels out, as opposed to the series that I’ve released or will be releasing. I’m also going to post about what fantasy works I already have out. First up is one I’ve had out a while, The Fateful Lightning:

Owen Brown has followed his father, John Brown, to Kansas Territory to fight the wicked institution of slavery. He’s met one of the native medicine men of the Territory, who teaches him something the white men call “magic.” Over the next decade, Owen will use magic in the service of the cause, taking him across the Territory and the nation.

This was inspired by the research I did into the two biographies I wrote about important Bleeding Kansas & Civil War leaders.

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
Next up is a novel I put out a few months ago, Boodle Land:

Harrison County lies in the High Plains of Kansas. Settlers are coming west, and even this small and isolated county is growing. But all is not peaceful on the prairie.

Two towns, Verona and Promontory, want to be the county seat. The town that gets the seat will get the county government, the chance for a railroad, and hope for the future. The town that doesn’t get the seat might not exist in six months or a year. This desire will spark a rivalry between the towns that will last for years.

Magickers won’t decide the outcome. Neither will gunfighters or the Army. No, the battle will be waged at the ballot box, in civil court, and in the columns of the towns’ newspapers. Which town will prove itself, and which will be nothing but a “boodle town?”

This one was inspired by all the research I’ve done over the years regarding county seat fights. And yes, in the book I tell you what “boodle” means. 😀

RobertLCollins

Captain
Writer
My latest release is The Journey of Princess Anna:

Princess Anna takes an interest in fighting at an early age. She grows up to become a skilled and renowned warrior. But there’s little place in her kingdom for her, seeing as she’s also the youngest of three children.

She chooses to leave her kingdom and explore the surrounding region. She hopes to learn more to benefit her father the King and her brother, the Prince and heir to the throne.

Anna quickly finds war, injustice, and slavery. She refuses to let good folk suffer at the hands of bad rulers. She vows to fight for what is right, even if she must side with outlaws and common villagers. She also finds her affections challenged in a most unexpected way.

Princess Anna journeys not only away from home but away from the life she was certain she’d lead…

I really enjoyed writing this one. It’s also the first novel I wrote that came in at over 100K words. For a writer who completes lots of much shorter books, that was an accomplishment.

I hope you read it and enjoy it.

Top Bottom