Cadet
In the Darkness
A Novel
By: kylo4
Chapter 1
Saturday, April, 17'th 1999.
"Mr. Micheals, may I have a word with you?"
"Not right now, I have to be at a meeting."
"Well can I at least ask you one question? I don't think it would take much time to answer."
"Sorry, but the answer is no."

With that answer, Mr. Michaels hopped into his car and drove off down the street leving Jenny Garnier, a reporter who was just trying to do her job, standing there alone.
Tsk..... "Roger, over."
"I have the target in sight."
"Thanks Jen, you've done your job well, you've done your job well."

Friday, September, 4'th 1998.
Ahn, ahn, ahn, ahn. "Ok I'm up already, you stupid alarm clock. I hate getting up at 3:00 a.m. in the morning to go to my job. You'd think they could make it any earlier!"
As Jenny Garnier sat up in bed, the only thing that was going through her head at that moment was finding the assigned person to do her K.M.J.R. News report on. She was a journalist and a very good one at that.
She sat up in her bed and passed her hand through her beautiful brown hair. She looked at the clock againand reminded herself that she'd be late for work if she didn't start moving soon. So she slipped into her clothes quickly to go to work. She grabbed a coffee just before she left. Not even stooping on the way out the door to eat break feast.
At work,
At work she drove into the parking lot expecting the same non-appreciated gestures that her boss always gave her for her excellent work.
As she stepped through the front door to work, she saw at the corner of her eye, one of her co-workers nearing. This time it was Jimmy. As he approached her she already knew what words would come out of his mouth. Probably something like, "Hey, want to go out for lunch sometime?" Or, "Hey, me and some other co-workers are going to a bar tonight, want to come?"
And I would reply giving the same lame excuse that I always gave, like, "Oh, I have a date with my friends tonight already." Or, "Sorry, but I don't drink."
Anyway, as he came and closer towards me I could smell the cologne that he had put on. It was the cheap stuff. He came towards me and asked the question that I had expected him to ask and I gave him that lame excuse that I always did. It just kind of worked that way. I mean, I usually like the attention I'm given at work, but when you're hit on by every guy at work, then it becomes very annoying and that's in nice terms.

That's what I'll write for now. I f you like it and want more then plz write so. If you have any comments then post em. I've already written the next page. I just need your approval to see if you people out there liked it or not. Thanks, iot would be much appreciated.
kylo

I thought people actually wanted to read this. I guess that they were just too busy watching the Academy Awards. I'm taping them off of T.V. so I can keep doing things on this VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Addictive site.

That's ok. More people will probably read it over time. I lready planned out all the characters on paper and I'm probably going to write more soon. I have the next page, which I had printed 4 days ago when I started writing the story on Corel Word perfect. Maybe I'll just wait for some more comments on the story before I add the next page.

What happened. I'm on the computer at school and yesterday there were 28 topics and now theres only seven. Could somebody please explain what the hell is going on to me.

Please refrain from posting more than once in a row.
This is a meassage board, people reply at there own pace.

hey Kylo4, this is pretty good, you should keep it up, as i always tell a friend of mine about a fanfic that he writes, lol. anyway, it is interesting, looking forward to more.

Emily :cool:

I know a lot of things were lost in the server share. But my story will get better, I guarentee it. I don't think I spelled guarentee right but who cares. I will post the next part shortly, after more people view it and post something about it. I just want to see what people have to say about it before I take the time to write more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back