My Grown Up Christmas List

I don't like it when Syd and Vaughn act this way...it makes me sad.:(
However, this fic is really really good so far! I can't wait to read more!
Can you keep me on the pm list! Thanks!
-kait

Interesting beginning - looking forward to more, to figure out what is going on with Sydney. PLease keep me on the PM list for this fic!

My theories why Syd is being so distant:
- she had an affair with someone and feels guilty about it
- she had a miscarriage and didn't tell her husband about it and has been depressed ever since
- she was raped and now fears men

or maybe something else entirely??

PM me when you update!

omg did she have a miscarrig like i love vaughny said coz that would make sense
her being so distnant and all
omg i hope u updated today

:lol: juju why would i kill you?
Because... I haven't replied to a fic of yours in like... the last... five months or so? :Paranoid:

*laughs nervously*

Moving on!

Ok... you wanna hear my theory?

Well, you're gonna anyway :D

Sydney sat down one day and was reading her Alice in Wonderland book. But, when she opened it, to her surprise, it wasn't actually Alice in Wonderland, but The Wizard of Oz. Before she had time to close the book, the Wicked Witch of the West jumped out of the book, made the book turn into the real Alice in Wonderland and then switched herself with Sydney's body (y) So now Vaughn is actually married to the Wicked Witch of the West and poor Syddie is the small witch sculpture on the mantelpiece but there's no evidence to pwoov it since the book is now Alice in Wonderland... so Vaughnie would never know that it was a dodgy copy

Nyah nyah. I was the firstest of you all to get the theory right ^_^

I feel pwoud :woot:

Juju - thats... um... really unique but unfortunatly incorrect
sorry girl

Chapter 2
As usual, for the two days following their fight, Sydney and Michael didn’t speak at all, nor did they share their bed. Then on the third day, when the awkward speaking would typically begin, Michael left for a week-long business trip. He and a colleague from work, Eric Weiss, who also happened to be one of his close friends, would be traveling to Las Vegas where a software company was unveiling their new prototype.

“So... how’s it goin’, man?” Eric asked rather rhetorically on their flight.

“Not good,” Michael sighed.

“Things with Syd still bad?” Eric asked sadly.

“Worse, if that’s even possible,” he groaned

“Serious? Man, I’m so sorry,” Eric sighed as he patted his friend’s shoulder.

“Yeah... I just.... I don’t want to think about it right now,” Michael sighed as he crammed the earphones to his iPod in his ears and leaned his head back against the seat. Some days, he was just sick of thinking about it to the point where he became very angry with Sydney. Was she sitting at home mulling over the future of their marriage? Or did her apathy carry over into that as well? After all, it was clearly her that was the problem. Like, three nights earlier, Michael often tried to initiate something between them, even if it was just a hug or a kiss, but Sydney always turned sour, almost as if she had become repulsed by him. All he wanted to know was why. What had changed? Had she fallen out of love with him? Had she, God forbid, found someone else? He just wanted an answer, but considering the fact that she hardly ever spoke to him about monotonous chitchat things, getting into such a deep discussion was most unlikely.

~*~

Three days later, Michael and Eric were sitting in one of the hotel bars waiting to meet up with some other guys from their conference so they could all go to dinner. Michael was absentmindedly swirling his beer around in his hand and Eric was finishing off his first when a woman approached them. In typical Las Vegas style, she was scantily clad and most likely intoxicated as she walked up to Michael and rubbed his arm. “Hey,” she said in a seductive voice. “Can I buy you another?”

“No, thanks, I’m married,” was his automatic response as he avoided eye contact with the woman. She hovered for another minute before walking away. It was only then that Michael added under his breath, “sort of anyway.”

“Mike...,” Eric sighed. “Have you and Syd ever thought of, like, marriage counseling?”

“I suggested it about two months ago... Sydney didn’t say anything, but she did slam a door in my face,” he told Eric. Eric dropped his head to his chest with a sigh. “I honestly don’t know what to do anymore, Eric,” Michael said in a distant way.

“I know,” Eric sighed. “I have no idea either, not that I’m the best relationship advice giver....”

“Right,” Michael laughed softly. “I don’t want to lose my wife, but.... maybe we should get a legal separation.”

Eric turned to his friend and looked at him strangely. “How is that not losing your wife?”

“Well.... maybe if we did that, Sydney would.... I don’t know, maybe realize what we have and she wouldn’t want to lose it...”

Eric nodded his head slightly as he thought for a moment. “Could work... could also make her think you don’t want things to work out.”

Michael groaned and lowered his head to rest on his arm, which was on the bar table. Eric patted his friend’s back. “Look, all I know is that when I met you and Syd like... forever ago, you guys were nuts for each other. I mean, you guys literally would make out everywhere.” Eric laughed. Michael gave him a look. “Well... you know what I mean....,” Eric said nervously.

“Eric, you met Sydney and I like... nine months after we got married. We were twenty-one and horny, of course we couldn’t stop making out!” Michael grumbled.

“Oh.... right, but still, you guys were like that up until-”

“Nine months ago,” Michael cut him off.

“Yeah,” Eric sighed. “But even still, Michael, you and Syd... you guys are just... you’re it. You’re everything everyone else wishes that they had in life. You guys are like on some scary wavelength with each other where you can communicate and... I mean you kick everyone’s asses at Pictionary... you’re just perfect.”

“Thanks, you’re helping,” Michael whimpered.

“My point is that people who are so in love like that just don’t fall out of love in a snap. Something must have happened.”

“But what?” Michael asked.

Eric shrugged. “The only person who can tell you that is Syd and unfortunately she-”

“Refuses to speak,” he grunted.

“Yeah... have you talked to her parents about this?”

“No, not really. I mean, it’s not like I can call up her father and be like ‘Hey, do you know why your daughter refuses to talk to me?’ He’d probably call a divorce lawyer himself!” Michael exclaimed, knowing that he wasn’t exactly Jack Bristow’s most favorite relative.

Eric cringed slightly and nodded. Then he asked, “What about your parents?”

“I haven’t told them,” he said rather quietly.

“Michael!”

“Well,” he cringed. “I don’t know what to say to them... they’ll probably judge me...”

“For what?! You did nothing wrong! Haven’t they asked about Sydney? What do you say?”

He shrugged. “Same as I always say. ‘Fine, she’s fine.’”

“You’re awful... ok, well not awful,” Eric added at the look of shock on Michael’s face. “You should tell them. Maybe they can help.”

“Can anyone help at this point?” he asked rather bitterly.

“Michael, you cannot just give up on your marriage,” Eric told him firmly.

“I know.... but I don’t know what to do differently. I try to talk to her, she doesn’t talk back. I try to hug her, she tells me to stop. I bring up the problems we’re having, she sleeps on the couch for a week. I’m open to suggestions if you have any.”

Eric just looked at his friend and shrugged. He had no idea how to help them.

PM LIST
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
alias_chick_47
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
aliasrocks515
alizas
Alwazabrat
aprilsfool6
ashqua
aussie_chic
benzmine
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
Bubbles
Carol_Br47
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
ekm324
Elle_47
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i love vaughny
iheartvaughn
jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
Julia47Thorne
kalias
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lost soul
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
mightylittleone
MontrealRocks
mountaineer_girl
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
Remys24
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
smartgirl2004
sparklingrainbow
SpyChic16
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
stella1
superspy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
texy
Thayna
tubby
tunita
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman

wow...no way...first

YEEHAW!

you know I love it

And ..you certainly do have smart readers. I'm impressed that they caught on so quickly.

Great update!
I love that Eric is trying to help his friend in any way he can though he doesn't have the awser but I have to agree with him there is obviously something that has happened that Syd doesn't what to tell Vaughn. The only question is who could tell him what's wrong when Syd refuses to tell him. Thanks for the PM and I'll be waiting for more.

Back