My Grown Up Christmas List

This is great!! sorry I didn't get to this earlier but i've been away for a couple of days.

Can I please get a pm Thanks!!

Poor Vaughn! This is so sad. I would have NO idea what to do! It would be cool to hear Sydney's point of view...but that would probably give up the plot too soon right? ;) I love that VAughn is still so committed to her...hopefully she sees that too.

thanks for the PM!
-Liz

i feel so sad for vaughn... i wish he and syd could talk things over. i hope syd tells him what really happened.

thanks for the pm and please update soon

congrats to those of you who were right, but there is stil a little twist yet :devil:

Chapter 3
Michael arrived home late Friday evening ready to simply crash in bed. His flight had been delayed because of snow and somehow, in the process of the flight, his luggage had been damaged, not to mention the fact that he was exhausted. He walked in the house and heard faint sounds of jazzy Christmas music playing. He hung up his jacket and scarf before dragging his ‘clunk’-ing luggage down the hall.

When he passed the kitchen, he noticed a mostly empty wine goblet sitting next to the sink. Sydney almost never drank, with the exception of an occasional glass of wine at a party or out at a restaurant. However, Michael had noticed in the past nine months, she would occasionally have a glass of wine in the evening. It was far from excessive, since he only noticed it maybe once every other week, if that, but it was something she hadn’t done before.

“I’m home,” he said finally, announcing his presence though he had been standing inside the house for nearly five minutes. She didn’t speak, but he heard rattling and shuffling boxes coming from down the hall. He looked in the direction of the noise and saw her crouched on the ground in front of their Christmas tree, a box of ornaments beside her. Sydney always set up their Christmas tree in the hallway near the front door so that the needles that fell off could easily be cleaned up rather than become trapped in the carpet.

As he neared her, he saw a few crumpled up tissues beside her and thought he might have heard her sniff quietly, but she didn’t turn around even though he knew she heard his footsteps. Michael cleared his throat, fully prepared to recite the speech he had practiced on the plane. “Syd.... we need to talk,” he told her rather quietly. He knew that attempting a serious conversation while he was exhausted wasn’t the best plan, but he didn’t want to wait any longer.

He was quiet for a moment, hoping for a response from her, but she said nothing. She continued to place the ornaments on the tree, but slower than before. “Syd... Syd... I love you but.... but this isn’t working,” he said. She stopped hanging the ornaments, but one was left dangling loosely in her left hand. “I think you know... or at least I hope you know... what I’m talking about here, Syd... I’ve been trying for nine months now and... and... will you please say something!” he raised his voice slightly out of pure frustration.

Sydney stood up quickly and spun around to face him. For a second, she just stood there, looking at him, her cheeks obviously tear-stained, but then she faltered. She went to take a step forward but her eyes looked as though they rolled back in her head and she went limp as the glass ornament she was holding slid from her grasp and shattered on the hardwood floor.

In a moment, Michael was at her side, catching her as she collapsed down into his arms. His heart was racing and he began to sweat in a panic at seeing her collapse. He knew in that moment, from the way he felt as though he'd died himself when her eyes rolled back, he could never, ever leave her. He loved her far too much.

He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the sofa where he placed her limp body down. Quickly, he kneeled on the floor beside the couch and began to shake her gently. “Syd! Sydney, wake up! Syd, come on, Syd!”

A moment later she breathed in sharply and began squirming on the couch though her eyes were still clamped shut. “Wh-whathapnd?” she mumbled sluggishly.

“I think you fainted. Sydney, have you been eating?” Michael asked as he felt her forehead to see if she was warm, but she wasn’t.

“I... I think so... I don’t know,” she sighed, her voice on the edge of cracking. “I.... I was just sitting there... thinking about Christmas and how it used to be so... so nice... and now.... and now my only wish is that I’ll still have a husband when Christmas is over,” she sobbed.

“Oh Sydney...,” Michael sighed as he leaned down over her and tried to put his arms around her. She sat up and clung to him, grabbing fistfuls of his sweater in her hands and sobbing into his shoulder. Michael tried to calm her, but it was no use. She sobbed violently for nearly fifteen minutes before her cries quieted into soft whimpers.

Michael reached behind him with one arm and pulled a handful of tissues from the box on the coffee table, which he handed to her. She took them and began to wipe her stray tears away as he tried to brush some of the tangled hair from her face. “Syd, Syd you know everything’s not okay, right?” he asked quietly. She nodded tearfully, but said nothing. “Do.... do you want to see a marriage counselor?” he asked cautiously.

Sydney shook her head furiously. “NO, no I can’t! I can’t... I can’t talk about personal things with a stranger.”

“But Sydney, you won’t even talk to me,” Michael said helplessly.

“I can... I will! I will, I swear,” she told him honestly.

He sighed and nodded his head slowly. “Sydney, you need to be completely honest with me-”

“I know,” she nodded sadly.

“Sydney, I’m going to be honest with you too...,” he told her. Then he took a deep breath. “You know... when I came in here, I was... I was going to suggest a separation...,” he let his voice drift off as tears spilled from her eyes once more.

“No, no please, please don’t leave me, Michael,” she cried.

“I’m not!! I’m not going to leave you, Sydney. We can work this out but you have to talk to me. Please, please talk to me Sydney,” he begged her. She looked hesitant as she bit her trembling bottom lip. “Something happened nine months ago Sydney,” Michael continued. “What was it? Did...did you cheat on me?” he asked the question he had been dreading.

“No! No of course not!” She insisted.

“Then what is it?” he encouraged.

She was silent for a moment, looking as though she was going to be ill. Once she opened her mouth, then she shut it again. A minute later she opened it once more. “I... I killed...,” she stammered quietly. Michael’s brow furrowed. He was having trouble understanding her since she was still half-crying and trembling. “I... I had a miscarriage,” she blurted out.

“What? Oh Sydney,” he sighed as he pulled her in close. She buried her face in his chest as he slid up to the sofa to sit beside her. His brain began to scan back to nine months earlier and slowly it all came into focus. She had been complaining about unusual and strong cramps and mentioned a doctor’s appointment. Then, within a matter of three days she had clammed up to the behavior point she had been at for nine months. He had never made the connection until that moment. He shook his head slightly and kissed hers, cursing his own stupidity.

“Sydney, Sydney it’s okay. You could have told me,” he said to her.

“No, no,” she sniffed as she pulled back and looked up at him. “Don’t you understand?! I killed our baby! I killed it!”

“What?” he gasped in disbelief. He wasn’t sure why she had thought that, after all, the miscarriage clearly had been no fault of her own, but from the look of pain and devastation in her eyes and the strained tone of her voice, he realized she fully believed that to be true. “Sydney, no! Sydney, this wasn’t your fault.”

“Yes it was!” she cried hysterically. “I killed our baby!”

Their exchange continued the same way, back and forth twice more until Michael realized that his refusal of her guilt only made her more hysterical, so he stopped talking and just hugged her. “You need sleep Sydney, come on,” he sighed as he scooped her up from the couch and carried her to their bed. He set her down on her side and began to change her into the pj's she had left on the floor. As he did so, he noticed how much thinner she had become in the six months since he had really seen her in such a state of undress.

“I’m going to go clean up the broken glass, then I’ll be back, alright?” he asked her. She didn’t respond. It appeared she had become numb, though a few tears still flowed down her cheek.

Not knowing what else to do, Michael left quickly and went downstairs. He cleaned up the broken glass and made sure the house was locked up before returning to their bedroom. When he did, he found Sydney in the exact same position he had left her. He changed into his own sleepwear before climbing in bed beside her and pulling the covers up around them both. He stroked her arm gently, wishing her to respond in some way, but she didn’t, so he turned off the lamp and cuddled down in the bed beside her, his hand still resting lightly on her arm.

It took about five minutes, but Sydney finally grabbed his hand and pulled it down to her side so that his arm was completely around her. Michael, taking this as a good sign, pulled her in close and held her that way for the rest of the night.

PM LIST
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
alias_chick_47
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
aliasrocks515
alizas
Alwazabrat
aprilsfool6
ashqua
aussie_chic
benzmine
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
Bubbles
Carol_Br47
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
ekm324
Elle_47
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i love vaughny
iheartvaughn
jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
Julia47Thorne
kalias
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lost soul
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
mightylittleone
MontrealRocks
mountaineer_girl
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
Remys24
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
smartgirl2004
sparklingrainbow
SpyChic16
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
stella1
superspy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
texy
Thayna
tubby
tunita
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
loane
Minttu
sarkattack
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
scullymulder1234
helpleessromantic
leelow13
ams4alias
kittykatsmeow
Crazy for Alias
ubielecki
invisible
atekamel
Aliasfan23
littlemissliketofight
wiseman

Golly that got me crying....... I'm listening to a sad song to it just made so .....
That was great, deep ....
He's finally getting through

Rea

awwwwwwwwwww well actually i thought a miscarriage was a little to obvious so i thought it was something else, but in tru janet style you surprised me again!! I cant wait to see what the twist is!

awww i had an idea that that might be it. that was really sad, but i am glad that vaughn knows now. thanks for the update and PM. cant wait for the next one!

that was realy sad
did syd try to kill the baby or did it just die
poor vaugn
i am realy glad that they are talking again!
and i hope they get back togother again!!!
thankyou for the pm!!
~GRACIE~

Not knowing what else to do, Michael left quickly and went downstairs. He cleaned up the broken glass and made sure the house was locked up before returning to their bedroom. When he did, he found Sydney in the exact same position he had left her. He changed into his own sleepwear before climbing in bed beside her and pulling the covers up around them both. He stroked her arm gently, wishing her to respond in some way, but she didn’t, so he turned off the lamp and cuddled down in the bed beside her, his hand still resting lightly on her arm.

It took about five minutes, but Sydney finally grabbed his hand and pulled it down to her side so that his arm was completely around her. Michael, taking this as a good sign, pulled her in close and held her that way for the rest of the night.
Poor Sydney!!! At least she's responding nowto him!!
Awesome update. Can't wait to see what happens next :smiley:

If Sydney had a miscarriage (aka spontanious abortion), she has nothing to feel guilty about. 15% of women experience a miscarriage (I'm one of those 15%). Yes, it hurts, but ususally, you miscarry because something is wrong with the fetus. Sydney should not feel guilty and she should have told Michael what happened. She went through 9 months of emotional torment and she put him through hell. She came so close to driving him away just because she felt guilty about something that she had no control over.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back