My Grown Up Christmas List

poor syd. i wish she would have told him sooner. she has to understand that it isn't her fault. i hope michael can find a way to show her. great updates!

i thought that's what was wrong...poor Sydney! haha I went from poor michael to poor sydney in like a day. I wonder why she thinks she killed it?

Oh my God....that was SO incredibly sad. I almost cried! But, I loved it. At least everything is fixed (somewhat) between them now. Agh...the part where Syd said that all she wanted was to have a husband after Christmas was just......ugh. That was very tear-jerking. But, like I said up there, (^^^) I loved it.

Thanks for the PM!

Chapter 4
The next morning when Michael awoke, he didn’t exactly feel as good as he hoped he would. True, Sydney had admitted what had been plaguing her, but now the problem was how to fix it. He wasn’t sure how to convince her of something he believed to be so obvious. Instead of thinking about it even more, he lay awake for an hour as he watched his wife sleep peacefully. He just knew they had to fix everything somehow.

Finally, Sydney stirred, stretched and looked over at him. “You’re still here?” she asked almost as if she sounded surprised.

“Of course,” he whispered as he reached over and stroked her face. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

She shrugged and looked down towards her feet. “I killed our baby.”

“No Sydney, no you didn’t,” he told her, continuing their conversation from the previous night. “Why would you think that?”

“I had a miscarriage, didn’t I?!” she said almost sharply.

Michael was at a loss for words. He didn’t know what to do. “Sydney, are you sure you won’t speak with a therapist. Just once; you don’t have to go back if you don’t like it.”

“No, no,” she shook her head frantically.

Michael could see the tears forming in her eyes so he said quickly, “Okay, okay no therapist. Why don’t you tell me what happened when you went to the doctor?”

Sydney sighed and rolled over onto her back so that she could stare up at the ceiling. “I went...and I told her what was wrong and then she asked me a few questions and did some tests.... Then she told me that my hormone levels indicated I had been pregnant and miscarried. She estimated that it was around three to five weeks... and then she told me that if I didn’t stop bleeding in a few days I should come back. After that, I went home... and I just knew it was my fault,” she choked out.

“Sydney, I don’t understand. Why is it your fault?” Michael asked.

“Because it is!! Something I did killed our baby!” she screamed hysterically.

“Sydney no, no, of course not. It just happens; it’s nature. It’s what happens,” he told her. She said nothing but quite obviously did not believe him. “Okay, I’m going to take a shower,” he sighed, not knowing what else to do or say. “But do you want to go to the mall and walk around later?” he asked. Sydney nodded and shrugged.

~*~

Later that day, Sydney and Michael were strolling through the extremely crowded mall. Michael followed Sydney around to the different stores as she window shopped. Though they hardly spoke at all, Michael was glad to be out with her since they hadn’t done anything together in months. For lunch, they decided to just grab soft pretzels since the lines everywhere were extremely long. As they were waiting, Sydney slipped her hand inside Michael’s very softly. Michael looked down at their hands in utter shock (a good shock). Then, he looked up at her and noticed she was smiling just a little tiny smile, so he squeezed her hand tighter and leaned his head up against hers.

By the middle of the afternoon, Sydney and Michael grew tired of forcing their way though the crowded shopping mall and decided to catch a late afternoon movie before going home. They held hands the whole time.

~*~

After spending the entire day together for the first time in months, Sydney and Michael were getting ready for bed and it was almost like back before Sydney’s miscarriage had happened. “Today was a good day,” Sydney told Michael quietly when she was climbing into bed.

“It was,” he nodded in agreement as he too climbed underneath the covers. “Hey Syd?” he said, calling her attention. She looked over at him. “We’re gonna be ok,” he told her, firmly believing it was true. Sydney nodded and gave him a half smile in return. Then, he leaned over and tentatively kissed her cheek.

She gave him a slightly larger smile, leaned in and kissed his lips briefly. “I love you, Michael.”

Michael sighed with relief. “I love you too, Syd,” he told her. Then, they snuggled down into their bed and went to sleep.

~*~

Sunday played out much as the previous day had. Sydney and Michael talked in the morning and then they went out to lunch before spending the rest of the afternoon decorating their house for Christmas. Sydney still considered herself at fault for her miscarriage and Michael couldn’t understand why. He decided that if Sydney didn’t want to talk to a therapist, that was fine, However, he needed to because he had no idea how to help her. So, he called a few numbers he found in the phone book and found that he was able to get an appointment with one of them in two days on his lunch break and he had every intention of going.

~*~

“You look happier this morning,” Eric commented when Michael walked into work on Monday morning.

“I talked with Sydney,” Michael told him.

“Oh?” Eric asked sounding hopeful.

Michael nodded. “She’s... I think we’re going to be ok, but it’s going to take some time.”

“That’s really good to hear,” Eric told him. “So, you’re not doing the separation thing then?”

“No, definitely not.”

“Good, that would have been stupid,” Eric said.

“Right,” Michael sighed.

PM LIST
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
alias_chick_47
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
aliasrocks515
alizas
Alwazabrat
aprilsfool6
ashqua
aussie_chic
benzmine
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
Bubbles
Carol_Br47
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
ekm324
Elle_47
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i love vaughny
iheartvaughn
jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
Julia47Thorne
kalias
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lost soul
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
mightylittleone
MontrealRocks
mountaineer_girl
Mountaineer4746
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
Remys24
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
smartgirl2004
sparklingrainbow
SpyChic16
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
stella1
superspy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
texy
Thayna
tubby
tunita
undercover_spy
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
loane
Minttu
sarkattack
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
scullymulder1234
helpleessromantic
leelow13
ams4alias
kittykatsmeow
Crazy for Alias
ubielecki
invisible
atekamel
Aliasfan23
MH55995
twinkley_angel
angiverl
buckeyealum2000
AliasSydney502
littlemissliketofight
ALIAS_chick
PointguysGirl
Dangermouse
wiseman

Awwwwwww YAY! That was amazing, I love that they just spent time together, and then they went to bed... too cute! They love eachother :love: I love this fic!!!

I love how you are able to so clearly portray the slow recovery process. Michael isn't pushing, he's right there for support....just like she needs him to be. You have an incredible understanding of people.

I'm glad she finally told him, after all it was his baby too. It's never easy to lose a child but Vaughn is doing the right thing (not pushing her). Him and Sydney need to spend time together...reconnect as a couple and maybe down the road, try again for a baby.

Thanks for the pm. Great job!

:smiley:

CJ

That was an awesome chapter... So glad they are starting to work things out!! The Syd and Vaughn moments were great!!! The hand holding was great, can't wait for the next chapter!! :cool:

Great update!
I'm so glad that they spent a lot of time together and I think that it's good that Vaughn is tying to help her in every way that he can. Thanks for the PM and I'll be waiting for more.

Back