and im going to miss it when its over
great chappie
thanks for the pm
please update again soon i cant wait till he proposes
omgosh that was long
lol
:D :D

krzykty57789 said:
Michael wanted to skip out the room, but resorted to walking out of the room. Irina was waiting in the hall, Michael nodded. Irina hugged him and said, “Welcome to the family, Michael.”
[post="1394585"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG! i can't believe there's only one more to go :( :( :(
Awesome chapter
update soon
xo

dudey we're getting to the end?

*screams and runs under the bed*

nooooooooooo :cry: katy never end this fic. ever!! :nonono:

omg he got his blessing and his speech :notworthy: i want a vaughnie!!

amazing chappy!

luv juju :harp:

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowe
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
e

yayay!!!

who's the person who said they come on RF.. :Ponder: i thought they said katie but you're katy... so they were obviously just talking to oyu.. they likied coldplay...

thanks for the pm

Okay, so for the next week and a half I'm going to be really busy, so I'm posting the last chapter and the epilogue now.

I'm going on vacation, so Fix You should (hopefully) be up by next week. ;)

Hope you enjoy the end and thanks for sticking with me through this fic. :D

[10]

Michael grew increasingly nervous as the date of their anniversary came closer and closer. He finally had everything planned out. The only problem was Sydney. He had to get her there without raising her suspicion.

Waking up that morning, Michael had a huge smile on his face. “Happy Anniversary.” He whispered as Sydney’s brown eyes fluttered open.

Sydney grinned and leaned over to kiss him. “I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you.” He told her, their lips joining for a passionate kiss.

“I hope you didn’t have plans... cause we’re staying in bed all day.” Sydney told him seriously.

~*~

Michael dragged Sydney out of bed around six, claiming that he had special plans, which he did. Very special plans. Sydney reluctantly agreed, her curiousity getting the better of her.

They drove to ‘their’ beach; Sydney gasped when she got out of the car. There were candles in the sand, creating a romantic glow under the moonlight. There were rose petals leading to a blanket in the middle of the beach. Sydney turned to Michael who was smiling brightly. “I had a little help...” He confessed, “But I wanted this to be special.”

“My God, Michael, it’s so beautiful.” She said, her eyes sweeping over the entire beach one last time.

Michael grabbed her hand and led her to the blanket. “I love you so much.” Michael said, staring at her, awed by her beauty.

“I love you too, Michael.” She told him.

He nodded, “Do you know how long I’ve waited for this? I’ve thought about it since I first spilled coffee all over you, exactly one year ago. I never imagined that we would be here today, but I had hoped we would be. I’m so glad that I’m here right now with you.

"I definitely don’t deserve to be here with you. Especially after being such a jerk to you at the end of last summer. I know you’ve forgiven me, but sometimes I can’t believe what an ass I was. I had given up the best thing to ever happen to me. And I thank God every day that you took me back.

"I know I would have been so miserable if you hadn’t. I seriously don’t know what I would have done without you.

"But we’re together now, and I don’t want to waste any time. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Sydney. I want to spend the rest of my life making up for my biggest mistake. I want to have children with you and grow old together. I want it all. And I want it with you.” Michael paused to take the velvet box out of his pocket.

He knelt down, opening the box to reveal a platinum ring with two smaller diamonds on the sides, bordering a much larger diamond. “Sydney Bristow, will you marry me?”

Sydney had tears streaming down her face as she stared down at Michael. Kneeling down to face him, she nodded. “Yes, oh my God, yes. I’ll marry you.” She kissed him passionately. “I love you so much.”

Michael hugged her tightly. “Me too.” He whispered, leaning over to kiss her again. “You’re so perfect.” He whispered, cupping both of her cheeks. “We’re getting married.” He stated, it sinking in. They were getting married. They were going to be together forever. He couldn’t help but grin.

Taking her hand, he placed the diamond ring on her finger. Sydney smiled as it glinted in the moonlight.

“Let’s get out of here.” Michael whispered, eager to be alone with her. He had told Eric of his plans and told him to stay somewhere else for the night, so they could have to apartment to themselves.

Sydney kissed him one last time, before allowing him to take her hands and lead her to the car.

On the ride home, she couldn’t help but smirk. “My dad is going to have an aneurism when he finds out.”

Michael laughed before confessing, “He actually... already knows.”

“What?” Sydney gasped.

“I asked for his blessing.” Michael told her, smiling at her before bringing their intertwined hands to his mouth. He kissed her hand quickly, then putting them down to rest in his lap.

“And you’re still alive?”

Michael shrugged. “I guess your dad likes me after all.”

[Epilogue]

Sydney and Michael didn’t waist any time getting married. At the end of the summer, they had a small ceremony on the same beach that they had their first date and where they got engaged.

They honeymooned in Nags Head where they went for their first vacation together.

After spending a few more weeks in Virginia, they had to (sadly) return to California so Sydney could finish her final year of college at UCLA. They knew that once they would finish, that they didn’t want to waste any time before they moved back home. Truthfully, they both missed their families.

Right before they returned home for Thanksgiving, three months after their wedding, they discovered that Sydney was pregnant. Both were overjoyed. They were finally getting the family they had been dreaming of, even if it was a couple years sooner than they expected.

Their families were also ecstatic. The Bristow’s and Vaughn’s were getting their first grandchild.

As soon as Sydney graduated, Michael was able to get transferred to the Virginia sister company of the architecture place he had been working at. The couple found a quaint little house near the water, with a big back yard and three bedrooms. It was perfect for their growing family.

Before either of them knew it, it was July and Sydney was two weeks overdue.

Ware County, Virginia was experiencing one of the hottest summers since the 70’s, which combined with a huge belly, equaled a very miserable Sydney.

Sydney and Michael had a doctor’s appointment that afternoon, Sydney was hoping that they would induce labor and as she so eloquently put it ‘get the freakin’ baby out of her’.

On the way to Williamsburg, where the doctor was, they stopped at her parent’s house where Sydney had forgotten her purse when she was visiting her mother.

Sydney walked through the kitchen door, Michael tailing behind her. Irina looked up at her daughter and gasped. “You’re wearing that to the doctor’s?” referring to her tank top that didn’t cover all of her pregnant belly, and short cotton shorts. Michael had tried to stop her, but it was too late. Sydney was going to burst.

Mother, do you know what it’s like to be two weeks overdue when it is a hundred and fifteen freakin’ degrees outside. I’m miserable. And this is the most comfortable I have been in weeks. So don’t you dare talk to me about looking appropriate or whatever the hell you were getting at.” Sydney snapped.

Michael sighed. That wasn’t so bad, he thought. She had been a lot worse when she was yelling at him last night for turning the air conditioning off ("It's not normal that I have to wear my winter jacket inside the house," he had exclaimed).

“It’s fine, Sweetheart. There is nothing wrong with your outfit.” Irina soothed, rubbing her daughter’s arm comfortingly.

“Good.” She said, going to grab her purse off the counter. As she bent over, she suddenly clutched her stomach.

“Syd?” Michael asked concerned.

Irina gasped. “I think she’s going into labor.”

“Oh my God.” Michael muttered, feeling lightheaded. He sat down at the table, trying to catch his breath. He was about to become a father.

“What the hell are you doing, Michael? Take me to the damn hospital to get the baby out of me already.” Sydney hissed.

Michael sat there still in shock, just mumbling ‘oh God’ over and over again. Irina smacked the back side of his head. “Snap out of it.” She fussed at him.

Michael had to take a few deep breathes. He carefully got up, avoiding Sydney’s glare. As soon as Sydney bent over in pain, though, he was at her side. “Come on, let’s go to the hospital.” He said.

“About damn time.” Irina muttered. “I’ll follow you to the hospital in my car.”

Michael knew he must have broken at least thirty traffic laws as he rushed Sydney to the hospital. He ran inside, helping an awkward Sydney in as she continued to curse at him for driving too slow.

“She’s in labor.” He yelled to everyone in the waiting room.

Sydney hissed at him. “Shut up.” as she pointed towards the receptionist. They rushed her into labor and delivery, settling her onto a bed. The nurse did an exam and announced that she was only dilated two centimeters.

Irina and Jack came bounding into the room, Bill and Amelia right behind them as soon as the nurse would let them.

“Two f***ing centimeters. That’s it.” Sydney said bitterly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Sydney!” Irina exclaimed. Sydney rolled her eyes. She wanted this baby out of her already.

Amelia and Bill chuckled good-heartedly. “How are you holding up, son?” Amelia asked. His look clearly said ‘Don’t ask. You don’t want to know.’

“It’s gonna be another ten damn hours. Why must this happen to me? Why do I have to have such a stubborn baby?” Sydney patted her belly and demanded, “Get outta me already!!” She screamed, as she breathed through a contraction.

“Syd, honey, calm down. It won’t be that much longer.” He said calmly, putting his arm around her.

Oh boy was he wrong.

It was fourteen hours before Sydney was finally dilated enough to go into delivery.

“You are never ever touching me ever again, Michael Vaughn.” Sydney screamed as she waited to push. “This is all your f***ing fault.” She yelled. The nurses looked at her in surprise. “I warned you, so don’t you dare look at me like that, damnit.”

“Syd, sweetie, calm down.” He said, squeezing her shoulder.

“I said DON’T TOUCH ME!”

“Okay, time to push, Sydney.” The doctor said from down below.

“Thank God.” Michael muttered, causing Sydney to glare at him. He could see the nurses all saying their silent thanks, too.

“Oh my God, finally!” Sydney exclaimed.

A few minutes later, Sydney looked up at Michael in utter exhaustion as they heard the first cries of their baby as it entered the world.

“It’s a girl.” The doctor announced. “Okay, dad, do you want to cut the umbilical cord.”

“I can do that?” Michael asked excitedly.

The doctor laughed, “Yes.”

Michael couldn’t wipe the grin off his face as he saw his baby girl and got to cut the connection from her to her mother.

They took her to get cleaned off then returned a minute later, the baby wrapped in a pink blanket, and handed her to Michael. “Oh my God.” He muttered.

“Let me see her.” Sydney said, her voice losing the bitterness it had laced with earlier. Michael carefully sat down next to Sydney as they began to count their daughter’s fingers and toes.

“She’s so beautiful.” Michael gasped, fingering her head full of chocolate brown hair. His fingers moved down to lightly touch her dimples. “She looks just like you, Syd.” He whispered, kissing his wife’s sweaty, matted down hair.

“I love her so much... already. Is that possible?” She asked him quietly.

He nodded. “Yes, because I feel the same way.”

After everything had settled down, their parents, siblings, and Eric all rushed in to see the newest addition to their extended family.

“She’s absolutely gorgeous.” Irina stated. The rest of them echoed the sentiment.

“Have you named her yet?” Amelia asked the proud parents, who were adoringly staring at their little baby.

The parents shook their heads. “We want her to have the perfect name and we haven’t come up with it yet.” Michael explained.

Two days later, when they took her home, they still hadn’t decided on a name. Every time one of them would suggest something, the other would turn it down, so she was still being referred to as ‘Baby Vaughn’.

Sydney was still exhausted and sore when they arrived home, so Michael insisted she lay on the couch for a while. Michael cooked her dinner, Sydney was watching an old re-run of Friends with the baby curled up against her chest.

“Oh my God, Michael, come here.” She said.

“What is it?” He hurried into the living room.

“We should name her Emma.”

“You’ve been watching too many Friends re-runs. We are not naming our daughter after a fictional baby.” He said firmly.

Sydney held the baby out for Michael to see as she pouted. “She looks like an Emma though.” Sydney told him.

Michael had to admit it. She did look like an Emma. “Syd... You are far too obsessed with that show.” He stated.

“Is that a yes?” Sydney asked gleefully, smiling at her baby girl. Michael groaned and nodded. He sat down on the couch next to Sydney and picked the baby up. He laid her down in his lap, looking at her carefully. “Pick a middle name.” She exclaimed happily.

“I don’t know. Can’t you pick?” Michael asked. Sydney glared at him. “Fine... Emma Claire... Emma Marie... Oh God... those are awful... Emma Grace?” He suggested.

“Oh my God. That’s perfect.” Sydney smiled. “Emma Grace Vaughn. I love it.” Sydney reached over to place a hand on her daughter’s stomach. She had found out in the last three days that she could not stop touching her daughter. She wanted to be near her every moment of everyday and Sydney knew that Michael felt the same way. They were completely enamored with their baby girl... baby Emma.

She laid her head on Michael’s shoulder as they just watched Emma’s eyes flutter shut as she drifted off to sleep.

They had been together a little over two years and had endured so much in their relationship. They were still madly in love and had a daughter to show for it. A daughter produced from the love they had for each other.

Sydney knew she wasn’t always the easiest person to live with, but Michael handled her carefully and they made it work.

She also knew that no one’s life was perfect, but hers was pretty damn close.

[Fin]

^_^

1st?
oh wow katie you've excelled yourself here girl!

wow that was so good. so good in fact that i've stayed up into the night to read it!

thanks for the wonderfull story

and for the pms

have a god trip

Why does it have to end? Poor Michael.... I can only imagine Syd in labor...not fun for her or him!!!

Great job as usual Katy!!

I loved the ending they got married and Emma :woot:

Thank you so much for this story :D :D :D

And this was my fav line in this update, I'm serious I laughed so hard "It's not normal that I have to wear my winter jacket inside the house," he had exclaimed.

He loves her so much that he'll do anything for her

Back