My Only One

Title: My Only One
Author: Me *Katy*
Spoilers: None, AU
Ship: S/V :love:
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Rating: PG-13, some parts may be R because of language. Sydney gets fond of the F word a one point. ;)
Summary: Sequel to You and Me. Will Michael and Sydney ever get back together?
Genre: Oh... It’ll be fluff eventually
Author’s Note: Okay, so I was going to wait a few more days, but I caved and am posting it now. :P

If you're new to the story, here's You and Me.

Hope you enjoy.

[Prologue]

Broken this fragile thing now
And I can't, I can't pick up the pieces
And I've thrown my words all around
But I can't, I can't give you a reason

Michael sighed loudly for what seemed like the millionth time. He had been waiting in this dorm room for over an hour. He had tried pacing and lying down, but nothing could calm his nerves. Nothing... but her.

It had been almost a week since he had last seen her; when she had told him that she never wanted to see him again.

Those words had broken his heart. He still was beating himself over that.

I feel so broken up (so broken up)
And I give up (I give up)
I just want to tell you so you know

Michael began thinking of all that had transpired over the last week, in one last attempt to calm down.

Michael knew that there was always one place he could go to when he was feeling low. He could always go home and with just a smile from his mother and one of her infamous bowls of chicken soup, he would feel at least a little better.

He knocked on the door of his parent’s house impatiently. He didn’t care if it was one thirty in the morning. He needed to talk to his mom. Some may call him a momma’s boy, but at this moment he didn’t care.

“Michael” Amelia gasped looking at her son’s wrinkled attire and his bloodshot eyes. “What happened?”

He averted his eyes and whispered, “I broke up with Sydney.”

Amelia looked at him in shock, as she led him into the house. As she and her son sat around the kitchen table, both nursing a cup of hot tea, he explained what had happened with Jack Bristow and his decision to break up with Sydney.

Amelia was sympathetic. “Do you love her?” She asked.

Michael nodded. “With all my heart.”

“Then what are you doing here? Go talk to her.” Amelia told him. She got up, placed a kiss on her son’s forehead, and left him alone with his thoughts.

Michael had thought long and hard about what his mother said. He knew he had just made the biggest mistake of his life. Michael jumped up when he thought the door was opening, but realized it was a false alarm.

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one that gets me like you do
You are my only, my only one

He began pacing again.

The next morning, Michael drove straight to the Bristow’s mansion. He was going to make things right with Sydney. He needed her in his life. Michael was slightly surprised when Nadia answered the door. “She’s not here.” Nadia told him.

Michael gasped. “What? Where is she? I need to know.” Michael demanded, rubbing his temples frustrated.

“Michael, when she came home last night she was a wreck. I have never seen her that depressed. She cried for hours, until she fell asleep out of exhaustion. Just . . . Let her go.”

Michael shook his head. “I need to see her. I made the biggest mistake.”

“Michael... I’m sorry.” Nadia whispered.

“No!” Michael screamed at the younger girl. “Where is she?”

“She went back to LA this morning.” Nadia admitted, closing the door, before he could ask anymore questions.

Michael had left Sydney’s old house defeated. He wondered around aimlessly, not knowing where to go or what to do. Then an idea hit him.

Made my mistakes, let you down
And I can't, I can't hold on for too long
Ran my whole life in the ground
And I can't, I can't get up when you're gone

He knew what he had to do to get Sydney back. After using almost all the money in his savings, he bought a one-way ticket to Los Angeles. He was going to get her back.

Michael walked around the UCLA campus, trying to find Sydney. He had no idea where she would be. Finally, forgetting about all the rules of manhood, he asked for directions towards the girl’s dorms. He got a strange look, but was, ultimately, told where to go.

Michael saw the room number for Francie Calfo and smiled.

After a lot of persuasion for Francie, she decided to help him on his quest to get Sydney back. She had a spare key to Syd’s dorm and let Michael in.

That is how he ended up here, waiting for her impatiently.

And something's breaking up (breaking up)
I feel like giving up (like giving up)
won't walk out until you know

He watched as the door handle turned. This was not a false alarm. This was the real thing. Sydney was here. He was about to win her back or lose her forever. Michael was hoping for the former as Sydney flicked on the light.

She glared at him as soon as she noticed him sitting on her bed. “What the hell are you doing here?” She spat out. He was the last person she wanted to see.

“Sydney, just listen to me. One Minute. That’s all I need.” Michael begged.

Sydney relented. “Fine.” She looked at her watch. “One minute, go.”

You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one who gets me like you do
You are my only my only one

Michael took a deep breath. He had rehearsed this speech countless times in his head, but now he couldn’t think of the right words to say.

“I’m an idiot.” He began. Sydney snorted, as he continued. “I’m the stupidest person in the world. I gave up the best thing that had ever happened to me, just because I was scared of her father.” Michael confessed.

“Sydney, I love you so much. This week has been the worst week of my life. I need you. I miss you and I plan on coming back here everyday until you finally give me a second chance.” Michael was practically begging by this point as he whispered. “Please.”

Sydney wanted to forgive him. He had flown to LA for her and confessed his love for her. For now, ignoring his speech, she asked, “How did you get in my apartment?”

Here I go so dishonestly
Leave a note for you my only one
And I know you can see right through me
So let me go and you will find someone

“Francie let me in.” He admitted, glad that she hadn’t kicked him out of her dorm room.

Sydney shook her head. “I’m going to kick her ass later.” She said seriously.

“Sydney...” He began softly. “Please just give me a second chance. I love you so much. And you need to know that...that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to spend. H the rest of my life making it up to you. Someday I want to ask you to marry me and I want to have kids with you. I want everything with you. I don’t care what your dad or anyone else says. Screw them, as long as I have you.” He said, putting himself on the line was either about to get completely rejected, or she was going to let him back into her life.

Sydney looked up at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes. Sydney couldn’t help but smile at him. She knew she was letting him off way to easy. ‘What the hell?’ She thought. Sydney knew she shouldn’t forgive him, but her heart wouldn’t let her stay mad at him. “One chance. You get one chance to prove yourself.” She told him. “If you screw up, you have to go home and leave me alone... forever.” She said firmly.

Michael smiled slightly. “That might be a problem.” Sydney eyed him curiously. “I kinda... moved to LA.” Michael paused. “Plus... my home is wherever you are. You are my home, Sydney.” He said sweetly, causing her to blush slightly.

“We’re not going to go right back to where we were.” Sydney met his eyes.

“I know.” He said quietly.

“Okay.” She smiled, agreeing to give him one more chance.

You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one, no one like you
My only one
My only one
My only one

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

knew you were no janet with the long lasting angst :P

Lovin it Katy :D

thanks for the Pm u wanna keep me on there?
L

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveed it! Man vaughn is such a Romeo! I am like pulling out the few hairs on my head that my baby hasn't yanked on yet!!!! thanks for the PM!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it! he flew all the way to LA to win her back. so sweet. i'm glad they got back together. now they can go back to being fluffy and happy.
great update. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

same here i was reading the last one i was just to lazy to post but i love this story and can i have a pm pwease?? and YEA!!!! she forgave him! stupid jack!!!!!

Michael smiled slightly. “That might be a problem.” Sydney eyed him curiously. “I kinda... moved to LA.” Michael paused. “Plus... my home is wherever you are. You are my home, Sydney.” He said sweetly, causing her to blush slightly.
Ok, who wouldn't forgive him after he says something like that? :P The guy spent every last penny flying to LA with no money and nowhere to go just to apologize to his girlfriend. I wouldn't even let him explain. :lol: He'd already be forgiven. ^_^ Oh thank god you made everything ok. That ending to You and Me was evil! ;) Great job Katy!!

WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!! Finally you posted this story!

I love it, of course, PM me! hah

I hope that everything goes swell..but from the looks of it maybe not so much right away?!?! EHH?!?

Wahoooooo!

lol

thanks

Kels

Back