My problem with the whole terminator saga

Hi, Guys I'm Peter.

New here and this is my first post, an old problem that i've never been able to solve!

Don't get me wrong I love the terminator saga but:

Cast your mind over what Kyle Reese said in the first movie - 'Their (skynet) defence system was smashed, we'd won.'
Now if the human resistence had won the war and skynets time machine attack seems like a desperation last ditch attempt to save itself, then how can a defeated enemy keep making more and more advanced terminators to send back!?

Your thoughts?

Maybe the defence network would identify every human on the planet, and without it, the guerrilla's were able to exist and keep fighting? Leaving what was left of Skynet's apparatus able to direct resources to individual projects.

It is the paradox of time travel. When the first Terminator was sent back in time it resulted in either a changed future, possibly one in which the humans did not successfully break through the defense or alternate parallel timelines were created. The last movie was definitely an alternate timeline from the original movies so the question would be at which point do the lines branch off and what caused it.

Back