My report for English.

F

frostydf2

So we recently were given an assignment by our teacher about 3 weeks ago to write on a social ill in society. We were given the assignment to not argue the point, but let facts argue for us. I don't think I did that great of a job, but here is for everyone to read! Give me critsism, it took me 40minutes on the eve before it was due ;)

Matthew Hickman
Mr. T.S.
1st hour English
3-16-06
Sex, a social ill?
When one looks at the title of a article, or a story it kind of lays an outline to what will go on in the next few pages. It tells a reader if they would be interested in reading it. One may also question a title, and then further read on to hear an argument, or a point of view of the author. Thats what I'm trying to do. By doing this, you will read on, and see another point of view that you would have never thought of before. So let me state the question that you will have to decide
at the end. Are the most essential things in life, our downfall?

When a person thinks sex, minds start switching gears to 2nd gear. It always seems to get the ball rolling. With young teenage boys it may cause some un-intentional erectile to form. For girls, it may make them start to regret what they gave away. For older women, it could mean what sex was like the last time they had it. Ever thought of it this way, what would sex mean to a eight year old child who was thrown into prostitution? What would sex mean to a pregnant teenage girl? What about to a wife who just found her husband has been cheating on her for the past few years in a marriage of 15?

The first question I asked you about an eight year old child probably threw you into a disarray. You probably questioned why I even stated that, or even questioned yourself on whether acts like that even exist in todays world. Fact is, there are over five million minors who are serving as prostitutes for sex in the world. What kind of people fuel this prostitution economy? West Europeans, and Americans. The people who seem to seek for sex more then anyone else in the world. In fact, by putting children in this sort of predicament actually causes them to do more terrible acts later on in life. Recent studies have taken 100 known teenage prostitutes, and come out with these results. 38% ended up having a sexually transmitted disease of some sort; thus spreading the infection to other people, and causing a world wide epidemic that is an on going struggles for scientists, and a worrisome for the public. It then becomes an exponential factor in a world full of disease. 3% ended up committing suicide, and 93% were in the poverty level for their entire life. So tell me this, is it poverty thats driving people to be prostitutes, or is it the inner urge for sexual pleasure thats causing people to fuel this business? Just remember, without any sort of monetary gain, no one would put themselves in this place.

Husband, and wife. They've been happily married for 15 years, they have 4 children, and both have respectable jobs. The husband is a lawyer, and the wife is a traveling business woman. One day the wife comes home to catch her husband in the middle of a very touchy situation. She finds her husband with not one, but two women on the verge of ecstasy. Now, this would cause a round of applause for most of the men reading this article, but the fact is that the wife in most situations, as studies tell us, will actually end up being the ones beaten later on. Why you ask? Why would the wife be beaten when the husband was caught cheating? This is how the story usually plays out. The wife kicks the other women out, and then husband, and wife go at it. Now over that 15 years, I'm sure that the husband has some pet peeves about his wife. This is when he lets out all of his frustration knowing there is no going back. Now lets flip the table, what if the husband caught the wife cheating on him? Would the results be similar or worse? I'm expecting the later.

What would drive a happily married couple to go into such a rage to get a divorce? Split their children up for almost certain divorce later on in life as well, and cause each side to go through financial problems? A sexual urge that most people in our society can't control is what sociologists are now proving.

Teen pregnancy. No one wants it, and 93% of teens don't expect it. Did you know that the highest poverty level of a single group of people is single mothers? Wouldn't you expect it though? You have no control over anything in life anymore. You're focus is your kid, 72% of teenage mothers drop out of high school, and only 8% end up attending a University. In this day, and age without a degree of some sort you will never make a decent wage that you can live comfortably off of. Let alone a high school diploma that only 28% will obtain. This huge drop in a teenage mothers education will then be causing poverty. Again I'll ask the question, what causes this urge? A teenage women either so determined to keep her boyfriend liking her, or a huge urge on the males part to not inject his phallus into a womens vaginal area? You answer.

So tell me. Why is it that 25% of people who are sexually active end up with a terrible disease of some sort? Don't you think this world would be much better if people could at least stop being like rabbits, and focus on more important things? Divorce rates would tumble if men would stay loyal to their spouse, and not have sex with the first secretary they have working for them. Children in 3rd world countries could end up becoming doctors, or engineers to better their countries status. Single mother rates would plumit if teens didn't have a sudden urge to fall in love, and to have sex. Doing this one simple thing of playing abstinence would cause a chain-reaction of poverty levels to drop significantly. I asked it before, and I'll leave you with it. Is sex a social ill? Is something so essential to the human race, actually one of our worst enemies also?

Back