My SWG Saga

never knew that SOE made a game that they wouldnt make much profit from? ?

Well he's talking about the SWGEMU Servers. People who're making a free version of the game pre-patch 19, I think, and running it from their own server. Neither SOE nor Lucas Arts has anything to do with it. Unless they decided to sue.

They can't charge for it, but they can accept "Donations". Once they get the software up and running I think it will be "Open Source". Meaning anyone can run their own server, change/upgrade the software as they like. You'll definately need a T1 in order to do it.

For example some servers may have xcellerated XP gains, different lightsabers, skins, mods etc... But it looks like everyone will be going after "pure" pre-patch19 servers. Not real sure on everything but its very interesting study.

A Sith has nothin' compared to the passion of a lot of former SWG fans

Well he's talking about the SWGEMU Servers. People who're making a free version of the game pre-patch 19, I think, and running it from their own server. Neither SOE nor Lucas Arts has anything to do with it. Unless they decided to sue.

They can't charge for it, but they can accept "Donations". Once they get the software up and running I think it will be "Open Source". Meaning anyone can run their own server, change/upgrade the software as they like. You'll definately need a T1 in order to do it.

For example some servers may have xcellerated XP gains, different lightsabers, skins, mods etc... But it looks like everyone will be going after "pure" pre-patch19 servers. Not real sure on everything but its very interesting study.

A Sith has nothin' compared to the passion of a lot of former SWG fans

Oh the SWGemu ah yes actually it is set during patch 12.1 with some aspects of patch 13 in it as well. It is being made by former SWG players who are using a technique that involves backpatching where they uncode piece by piece untill the desired patch. As far as "Open Source" anyone right now can run their own server (need a really fancy server computer for this though with like 8gb etc...). Right now though the servers are running on Core I which has limited features, like vendor use, shuttlecraft, ticket place, starports, and simply being able to run around. The word however is that Core III will be comming out sometime around June which will make the SWGemu 90% complete and they will release it then (if they get passed SOE lawsuits). Jedi will not be include then but will be added later or a server admin can choose between three options. 1) No Jedi 2) Holocron Jedi 3) Villiage Jedi. As far as customization, it will be endless as different servers will be going different directions so that almost every server is a new game. Some servers are even updating the number of classes to like 43 or sumthing and will be including an easier jedi option that will make you a force sensetive nightsister etc... I do not know if ill play SWGemu, because i'd rather move on. If it does get complete before Hero's Journey I might give it a try though.

Back