Mysterious Jack

Yeah, but remember in the first season that Jack was WAAY high in the CIA.. Can't compare it with Sloan cuz he was SD6.

Sloane used to be in the CIA. At the CIA, he was Jack's superiour. When Jack became a double agent at SD-6, Sloane was his superiour there too.

also didn't know ABC alias site was so unreliable

Yeah, they change things, and we have no idea why. Like in S1 and S2, I think, ABC site had Jack being recruited in 1967 or 68, somewhere around that time. He was like 17 when he was recruited. That was so cool, because you have to wonder why he was recruited at such a young age. What about his parents? Then around S3, they changed it to him being recruited in like 1970 with Sloane. Again, he can't be recruited with Sloane, if Sloane was his superiour.

Jack is my favorite Alias character and I definitely could stand more of him this season! I don't think I will get that in this next eppy "Tuesday", though I hope. I hate that they are changing orders again! But I can feel it in my bones that Nightengale is going to be awesome! I think we will get an intersection of many of our favorite characters and some plot lines that they have been subtly developing through the season!

I hope we learn more about the pact in Nightengale and also I hope they don't just leave the Sasha storyline. I would like to know the personal betrayal there, as Jack does not typically kill in cold blood. :confused:

Jack and Sloane are my favourite characters and, to be honest, I wouldn't care if Sydney was killed off or relegated to supporting character status if this meant Jack and Sloane could become the stars of the show!

I love the Jack/Sloane relationship. As others have already said, there is so much complexity and history to it. Over the past 30 years they've been partners, best friends and enemies. They've fought together and against each other. I think there's no-one who knows Jack better than Sloane and vice versa.

In regard to their relationship now, I agree that it was at an all time low up to Breaking Point, improved temporarily after then, until Jack found out about the affair with Irina when it took another nose dive. Currently I see their relationship as being primarily one of convenience. Their interests are, at least temporarily, the same or running parallel to each other and they need each other to succeed - so they work together.

In terms of trust levels, it's clear each fears a double cross by the other but, I also think that each has complete faith in the professionalism of the other and I don't think Jack feels that degree of faith about any other member of the cast, including Sydney.

Also, I feel and I can't put my finger on why I do, that there is a part of Jack that actually wants to believe the best about his former best friend but he can't allow himself the luxury of acting upon this.

Does anyone else feel this?

Edited to remove typo.

Also, I feel and I can't put my finger on why I do, that there is a part of Jack that actually wants to believe the best about his former best friend but he can't allow himself the luxury of acting upon this.
[post="1277226"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that might be true now, but not always. I think Jack's a good guy and he wants to believe good things about people, but he's seen too much in his life to remain naive to the possibility of betrayal. While he may prepare for the worst, he may secretly hope for the best. I think, right now, he may want to believe that Sloane's intentions are honorable, but you better believe that he's prepared for a possible betrayal (as is Sloane, I'm sure).

I think that might be true now, but not always. I think Jack's a good guy and he wants to believe good things about people, but he's seen too much in his life to remain naive to the possibility of betrayal. While he may prepare for the worst, he may secretly hope for the best. I think, right now, he may want to believe that Sloane's intentions are honorable, but you better believe that he's prepared for a possible betrayal (as is Sloane, I'm sure).

I think so too. I think this played into S2 with Irina. I think a part of Jack wanted to believe her that she wanted to help them and make amends. He also knew that there was a strong possibility that she could betray them, and that is why he planted the passive transmitter. If she went along with their plan, then no harm. If she didn't, at least he would have a back up.

Over the past 30 years they've been partners, best friends and enemies. They've fought together and against each other. I think there's no-one who knows Jack better than Sloane and vice versa.

I agree with this as well. It seems Sloane knows alot about Jack. Whenever soemthing from the past comes up that affects Jack, Sloane seems to always know the backstory.

filmlover said:
Sloane used to be in the CIA.  At the CIA, he was Jack's superiour.  When Jack became a double agent at SD-6, Sloane was his superiour there too.
Yeah, they change things, and we have no idea why.  Like in S1 and S2, I think, ABC site had Jack being recruited in 1967 or 68, somewhere around that time.  He was like 17 when he was recruited.  That was so cool, because you have to wonder why he was recruited at such a young age.  What about his parents?  Then around S3, they changed it to him being recruited in like 1970 with Sloane. Again, he can't be recruited with Sloane, if Sloane was his superiour.
[post="1276147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Jack being recruited at age 17, assuming that is the case, as ABC has said, makes me wonder even more if Jack is not an orphan since an early age.
Man, it just makes ya want that History of Jack episode more, doesn't it?! I know it makes me want it!

In response to MS's comment that Sloane always knows the backstory on Jack, I have only to say: Sloane knows the back story on everyone, all the time, practically! He is one of the most thorough characters on the show. He's a stickler about having ALL the info., and about following procedures and protocol. Lately, he's scolded Sydney a couple of times at least for her lack of professionalism in the briefings. You know, she'll throw out a smart comment or a HUFF and stare at Sloane with that, "I'm trying to forget how much I hate you look!"
:angry:

Bottom line, that man does not leave any stone unturned, ever! ;)

Back