Mysterious Woman (S4 SPOILER WARNING!)

AJB

Cadet
In a few weeks, on Alias Season 4, we will see the long-overdue return of one of the first guest characters to really make an impression on the world of Alias...Syd's nemesis, Anna Espinosa.

First introduced in 'Parity'(1.03), Anna was an agent working for Russian-based crime organisation K-Directorate. She already had a history with Syd, having clashed with her on several occasions before the show actually began while Syd worked for SD-6. Both soon found they were being ordered on missions by their superiors directly relating to the search & recovery of artifacts designed by Milo Rambaldi.

The last time we saw Anna was in 'Time Will Tell' (1-08), when she left Syd for dead in the mine shaft at Mount Akankagua in Argentina after recovering the Rambaldi book containing, among other things, Rambaldi's prophecy concerning the 'Chosen One': Syd herself. I don't think there was a fan out there who didn't expect Anna to reappear during Season One, to continue battling Syd on the Rambaldi quest.

But, she didn't. She just vanished.

Then, a year ago, Anna returned in the medium of the Alias video game, running a Followers of Rambaldi cell trying to build a Rambaldi device of cataclysmic geological power known as 'The Machine'. The game was set during the latter half of Season Two, reputedly between 'Endgame' (2-19) & 'Countdown' (2-20), a time when, as we all know, Julian Sark & Arvin Sloane were working together on the Rambaldi quest. Anna was here working with them, but the game's conclusion left whether she was alive or dead quite ambiguous, very in keeping with the show itself.

Many would have assumed the game killed her off.

But, no. Anna is back, and this time for real!.

She will soon be seen in S4 episodes 'Echoes' (4-08) & 'A Man of His Word' (4-09), making her first appearance for three seasons in the television world of Alias. From what we know, Anna's return is connected to the Rambaldi mystery, and to the reappearance of Sark himself. So, the question is, why has Anna returned now?. Who is this woman, and what does she want?.

We know she was one of the last Cold War babies, born in Cuba but raised in Russia. We know she worked for K-Directorate. We know she bears the <0> on one of her hands. We know she had infiltrated the Magnific Order of Rambaldi, the group designed to safeguard Rambaldi's works. But apart from that, we know very little.

Does she have a personal connection to Rambaldi, much like Syd?. Or is she just one of the many Rambaldi obsessives out there?. With K-Directorate gone, who does she work for?. Herself?. Or does she work for someone else?. The Covenant, perhaps?. Putting aside the possibility it was the unavailability of the actress playing her that prevented Anna's previous return, why has this character been brought back now?. What new dimension will she add to the ever-tangled Rambaldi web?.

Time, it seems, will tell. But truth, as we know, takes time... :cool:

The whole title and content of your thread is a spoiler, I personally have accidentally come across the information on Anna coming back and I was upset that I had that info given to me without warning. I know most people have also heard, but could you at least have warned for a spoiler in your thread?

can't wait to see Anna ... :woot:

I remember when we all thought that Francinator was Anna .. thank God and JJ's mind not to go in that direction ... (y)

Oh she's in the game! Haha I found that out recently, I still need to get it, but um... I'm broke and waiting for it to go now to $10! It's like 30 or 20 now, so I'm close! :D

It's well worth buying, SD6452. It's a little easy, but it's great fun & they really make an effort to have it feel like a 'lost episode'. You can tell J. J was involved in a lot of it. They better do another one!... :D

Back