Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: MythBusters

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2003-01-23

Creator: Peter Rees

Cast: Robert Lee, Brian Louden, Jonathan Lung

Overview: MythBusters is a science entertainment television program created and produced by Australia's Beyond Television Productions for the Discovery Channel. The show's hosts, special effects experts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, use elements of the scientific method to test the validity of rumors, myths, movie scenes, adages, Internet videos, and news stories.
Mythbusters

I love watching Mythbusters on Discovery but was totally bummed out with learning that the 'B Team' of Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, and Kari Byron are leaving the show! :eek: On the show they were referred to as the 'M7 Build Team' but, really, there were the main stars and then these three. Originally the three appeared as assistants to the main stars but broke off into doing their own segments.

"Leaving the show" is a bit of a misnomer because from the way their leaving was announced with no on-air announcement from the three combined with the way the Discovery PR worded the announcement they trio were likely fired. The nice way of putting it is usually to say contracts weren't renewed; in the real world, it's getting fired.

The three all posted on Twitter to the shows fans...
Kari Byron said:
I guess you guys are finding out the news right about now. After a decade of the MythBusters, we are no longer with the show.

Thank you to all the fans who have supported us. The show is taking a new direction. It was an amazing run. I learned so much about myself and the world. I love you all @MythBusters. I am sad for an ending but there will be exciting new adventures for us.
Tory Belleci said:
“It’s been an amazing ride for 10 years! We couldn’t have done it without you guys. You’re the best fans anyone could wish for. Thank you.
Grant Imahara said:
Thanks @MythBusters for allowing us to teach science in a whole new way. Also, explosions. Now, on to the next adventure.

I like the 'A Team' as well with Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman but it was the segments with the 'B Team' that I found usually more interesting & fun to watch in recent years. News outlets are currently indicating that instead of replacing the departed crew that it will be just Savage & Hyneman returning for the new 2015 season.

Here's the video clip from the end of last night's show, the season finale, with Savage & Hyneman announcing the change.

Twitter Media

Oh, that sucks.

Haven't kept up with Mythbuster lately and hadn't heard this.
I agree that the 'B Team' often was more funnier to watch.

/SK

I've caught a few episodes of the new season without the 'B Team' and, well, it doesn't seem any different from what Savage & Hyneman were doing before. Now instead of sharing air-time with the others it's the same two guys doing the same thing but for longer.

Experiment: Get rid of the "B Team" that the fans like and see how that goes for the show.

Result: Busted!

The new season of MythBusters, to start in Jan of 2016, will be the shows last. No official explanation has been given but Savage and Hyneman have both given statements.

Adam Savage said:
Making MythBusters has fundamentally and irrevocably altered the way I think as a person, as an artist and as a scientist. I'm glad for the chance to say goodbye with some of the best television we've ever made. I will miss making this show.

Jamie Hyneman said:
I never dreamed we would be on television at all, much less for such a long time and with so much praise for keeping a thought-provoking show on the air. And best of all, we were able to do what we do and still have all our fingers and toes.

Back