Nadia's father

I'm in denial of Irina having a kid with Sloane, so she's definetely Jack's and she sure wasn't talking about herself, being exceptional.

Me too ! I stick with Lena Olin on this, the way she played it, it's clear that Nadia is Jack's. Besides, let's face it no child deserves to be fathered by Sloane, yuck ! :Pinch:
Moreover, Sloane was way more interesting as a childless man with this weird obsession with SpyBrat, his scenes with Nadia never rang true, whereas Jack and Nadia's scenes felt true.

actually this was mentioned to Victor Garber last year at the Alias rendezvous in London and this was his sort of reaction :blink:

Of course Victor reacted with shock at being asked about Nadia's father. Everyone connected with Alias knew that Nadia was Arvin's & Irina's child. Has Lena Olin ever claimed that her portrayal of that scene was meant to suggest Jack could be Nadia's father.

Even Chad's blog explained that poor editting made it seem like Jack wondered if Irina had a hidden meaning.

I took Irina's line to mean that she was talking about Nadia being exceptional due to Derevko genes. She could even have been teasing Jack that Sloane was responsible for Nadia being exceptional.

It seems to me that if someone got the impression Irina meant Jack, it was that viewer's desire expressing itself.

After all, if someone is convinced that Bill Vaughn had to have more significance to the plot, they might think that he had an affair with Irina and fathered Nadia. :P

Arvin became a more well rounded character as Nadia's loving father. (y)

Back