Name the Stakes

Aww. It's just perfect. It's good he told Sydney what he was feeling. I wonder what Sloane will say when they meet with him. And what's going on with Will and Vaughn?

Yay! A fluffy ish chapter!! :D

“Yeah, that b**** actually caught me off guard."
:lol:

“Remember your earlier comment about a bullet between the eyes? It appears to have worked.” Sydney’s eyes widened at his admission understanding fully what had happened. He had shot Alison before she had a chance to finish her off. Sark once again had saved her life.
Yes, he had. Cause he looooooves her. :love:

Still watching her dozing quietly, he leaned down to brush a small kiss on her forehead before turning to walk towards the balcony never seeing the small smile rising in the corner of Sydney’s lips.
Awww... :love:

Jack cut him off. “Don’t tell me what to believe about my own daughter. Your arrogance is sorely misplaced on me Sark.”
Gotta love Jack! :lol:

He sat quietly for a moment looking at her. The look on her face told him she was not going to let him get away with not answering that. Damn her and her leading questions. He swore to himself he would tell her everything when he was ready. When that might be, he was unsure of but now was when Sydney wanted to hear it. This woman will challenge you until the day you die, he mused. “I do need you Sydney.” He paused taking a small breath. Emotions be damned.
“I love you Sydney, and if it kills me to tell you that, so be it. It can no longer be unspoken between us with the uncertainties of this life we live. It is the one certainty in my life, and that is the way I feel for you.”

“Sark?” He moved his eyes back to hers. He worried he said too much, wondered if she had just wanted to hear how he always wanted her not all his convictions of his love for her. “Kiss me.”

He smiled at her as he rose from the bed bending down to bring his lips to hers. Lovingly bringing his hand across her face, he felt free from the weight of everything he had been holding back. The kiss was sweet and accepting, a culminating expression of all his feelings for her finally being revealed.
I loved this part. :love: Especially when she tells him to kiss her. *Sigh* It was perfect.

A very happy chapter. :smiley: And it was beautifully written. I loved it!! (y) (y)

Oh, and I want to know what's up with Will and Vaughn... :Ponder:

I get what you mean; it's hard to say something meaningful, and be meaningful, but not be, well, fluffy. :lol: I think you did fine. He sounded logical and matter-of-fact, which is as fluffy as Sark gets.

I wish there was an easy way to post the whole story together; I confuse all the stories and sometimes forget what has happened....sigh

Great job, can't wait for the rest! :D

I'm getting straight to my favorite parts this time:

Sark moved his hand up to brush some stray hair from across her face.

I love it when Sark is all cute, boyfriend like with his mannerisms and snarky words... sigh... :blush:

There they were, he with his arms outstretched on the railing with the sun and ocean at his back peering at the woman he loved as she looked out at him from her bed with a light smile on her face

That's a very nice mental picture you've painted.

“Your father needs you.”

“And you don’t?”

You call him on that, Syd!!! The moron needs you, but you have to get him to admit it... and that's not easy.

Bristow determination

It's genetic... :smiley:

And in connection to your fluff worries, I have the same ones, too. And honestly, if you're reading a fic in a ship that you really love, the amount of fluffiness doesn't matter. Because honestly, I think everyone out there wants pure 100% fluff in their own life. And if they love two characters as much as I love Sark and Syd (together and seperate), then fluff worries be damned! I say bring on the fluff! I know I enjoy... but... and it begs to be said...

A little smut never hurt anyone when it was mixed with fluff. There! I've said it! It's off my chest!

Hopefully the next update won't be too long away. I look forward to it. But I also can empathize with your business thing. Same boat over on this side of the computer screen... :smiley:

Thank you for the lovely fic so far! Can't wait to see where you go next!

Not too fluffy - have no fear!

I'm not a big lover of the fluff either - what this was wasn't fluff, it was beautiful and heartfelt - but not quite what I would call fluff.

I loved the comment about shooting Allison between the eyes! He did it the way she wanted him too - so perfect

The way that he worried about telling her is part of what made it not fluffy - I could feel his inner struggle and that is what kept him in character - fantastic job!

The conversation between Jack and Sark was wonderful! I totally picture the image in my mind....

Pausing outside of her room in the hallway, Sark felt his smile grow as he thought of how he had finally been able to tell her how he felt. It hadn’t killed him after all.

Wonderful ending line!

I can't wait for more - I'll be as patient as possible ;)

I loved Sarks admission,not too fluffy at all,but if you're gonna confess that you love someone isn't it going to be fluffy?I loved how you did it.I loved the phone call to Jack,bring on Spydaddy.Can't wait for more.

~Rach~

No..no..that was perfect! Just enough fluff!!
Love it...sorry for the short review...I'm switching jobs and am logging on in between,

Great chapter. I think your 'fluff' worries were unfounded; I love me a little fluffy love after all the angst they've been through.

“But don’t I have something to stay here for?”

He bit his lower lip. Damn, his one tell, he cursed. Here it was, she had set him up nicely. The least he could was finally own up to it. He couldn’t deny it. Even if he could, he wasn’t sure he wanted to. “Yes, you do.”
A melting moment. This was too good and sweet. :blush: Sark and Syd finally realizing they 😭 need to be together.

“Well, Jack, been lovely chatting with you, but I fear this conversation has gone on almost long enough to be traced. So, good day.”
:lol: If only we could use a line like that in our casual conversations. One of my favorite Sark-y lines, ever.

Loved the ending. I'm so happy you got a chapter up before you leave school. :smiley: Still, good luck with all that. Thanks for the PM.

Hey, Suzi, if you ever post your fic in another board. Please let me know, okay? You can take me off the pm list. :(

Good luck with your fic. I was really enjoying it. But please, remember my request to be notified if you post your fic in another place.

It was a little fluffy not not really and you're right there is no way to tell someone you love them without it being fluffy. I thought it was very well written and certainly true to sark's character.
Thanks for the pM
EE

Aww Suzi that was a great update! I think for Sark's character - that once he's broken sufficiently in the game of love...that his admissions would be as intense as his character. So, I think you did a fab job! :smiley:

Wow, what a great Sarkney story! I didn't think it was too fluffy at all, just thoughtful and maybe a bit unsure - which is honest and romantic. I can't wait to find out what Will and Vaughn have to do in all of this! Please add me to your PM list!

The Future Ex Mrs. Sark
Smirk still firmly in place

PM ME

Hey hotpot!!

Thank you for your PM's!! I'm so sorry I haven't given you feed back - it's the first time I have visited AA since reading your fabulous story!!

And it is still amazing!! I love everything about it - how sleazy Sloane is, how Sark shot Allison (yay!) and Sark confessing his love for Sydney!! (I agree about fluffines, but again, Sark is not a character to profess his love every five seconds, so I think your safe from the story becoming to sickly) ;)

Again, please keep on writing!! I can't wait to read the next chapter!!

Hello all :D

I have gotten my internet/moving back problems almost figured out at home ... so hopefully I can get my compy up and running then I can have an update for you when the DSL comes in next Friday ;)

Thanks everyone so much for your patience :flowers:

can't wait for the updates twin!!!!!

thankfully in ur absence (for me rather than for you) amy has been updating parallels at sd1 :happydance: she made me cry again!! but she is tieing me over in ur absence. :smiley:

miss ya! :kissme:

I´m back! :D

Sorry I haven't commented on your last chapters until now, I just started a new job and it' s taking all my energy. I miss beeing unemployed and hanging around AA all day reading R-rated fics :P

Anyway:
GREAT CHAPTERS!!!!! GREAT UPDATES!!!!

I can't belive he actually told her he loves her. Ahhhh so cute. I hope there will be more smut to come when Syd's wounds have healed :D

And you brought in Jack :woot:
Both my favourite guys in one fic!
And maybe Will be in soon, adding the icing on the cake?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for more!

:starwars:

Back