Name the Stakes

hotpot

The Bubbly
Title: Name the Stakes
Author: hotpot aka Suzi
Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias and I’ll pretend like I don’t own Sark ;)
Summary: This is the sequel to Break the Silence. If you don't want to go back and read all of that, here's a brief bit to catch you up - Sark's MI5 working for the Covenant, He saved Sydney's ass in Peru which lead to subsequent revealings of Sark's cover then leading on to Hot!Safehouse!Smut. Sark left on a jet plane and gave Syd a letter that contained a phrase that triggered all of her memories to come back. At the end, Syd was cashing in her ticket to LA for a flight to Zurich. Also, she had given Sark's handler Colin a letter addressed to her father.
Rating:Once again, it might start out tame. However, there will be violence soon as well as future smut of the dream and non-dream variety. ^_^
Ship: Sarkney, of course
Distribution: Like most, my loyalties are flexible - just ask first.

And there's so much at stake - I can't afford to waste - I never needed anybody like this before - I'll tell you something - I am a demon - Some say my biggest weakness - I have my reasons - Call it my defense - Be careful what you're wishing - You are a secret - A new possession - I like to keep you guessing ~Garbage

Before Sark had left for Los Angeles, he had gone over possible actions he could take to keep Sydney safe much to the chagrin of his handler. Sark had been slightly worried about Cole’s ideas for Sydney as the man had so much nervous energy there was no telling what he was capable of. He was one of the few people who had the tendency to make Sark uneasy, but of course Sark concealed it well.

Surprisingly, Cole had not been a problem. He merely strutted into the meet informing Sark he had better things to do than keep tabs on Arvin’s latest escapee and promptly handed assignment control over to Sark. This had made keeping an eye on Sydney until further instructions much easier, but now there seemed to be a larger problem. Sydney had not arrived yet in LA, as only he knew she was scheduled to and that was beginning to worry him.

As he sat at the small table in the back of the darkened bistro dining room, he mulled over what his handler had told him about Sydney’s flight. Samantha Parker on Lan Chile Air Flight 347 non-stop to LAX arriving at 7:15 P.M. Yet, there seemed to be no sign of her anywhere despite the fact she should have arrived two days ago. He took a small sip from his glass of Cabernet Sauvignon savoring the deep flavor on his tongue. The server came over to clear his plate as his cell phone began to vibrate in his pocket. Sark flipped it open waiting until the server had walked away from the table before answering it.

“Yes?”

“Good evening, sir. According to our records, you appear to have excellent credit and Bank One would like to take this…” Sark sighed irritated at the fact his meal was being interrupted for this.

“This is a private cellular phone line. I thank you not to call this number again.” Snapping the phone shut hastily, he glanced at the server watching him. He smiled slightly before signaling for the check.

Now he found himself in a parking garage in downtown LA waiting for his handler. The telemarketer call was something they had devised whenever something needed to be taken care of immediately. He was anxious to meet with Colin, now almost certain something was indeed going on with Sydney. It was strange how quickly thoughts and concerns for her were taking him over.

Sark glanced in his rearview mirror at the sight of headlights coming up behind him. He looked over through the tinted window on his black Mercedes SL600 to see his handler in a blue Ford Focus. It was interesting to see how their lifestyles afforded them different things.

Sark stepped out of the car as Colin came around to stand in between the two parked vehicles. Noting Colin was holding something in his hand, Sark lightly leaned against his own car not wanting to appear overly eager or concerned as to why this meeting was called.

“Well, you’ve really done it this time, haven’t you?” Colin smirked at him.

Sark lightly ran a hand over the roof of the car. “She is gorgeous isn’t she?”

Colin rolled his eyes. “I’m not referring to the bleeding car! I’m talking about this!” he said waving the item in his hand.

“I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.” It was then Colin handed Sark what he had been holding. It was an envelope that had already been opened. Glancing at it, Sark was surprised to see it addressed to Jack Bristow. “What is the meaning of this?”

Colin motioned for him to go ahead and open it while he crossed his arms across his chest almost satisfied his point was made. Sark pulled the letter out of the envelope and carefully unfolded it. It read:

Dear Dad,
I am not sure when this letter will actually reach you, but when it does you will find that I am no longer the same as when you left me. Something has happened that has made me question everything about anything that I have ever thought true, I am on a search for answers and I am not sure where that will lead me. I only ask that you don’t try to find me – I will most likely being doing things that I would assume rather forget, but they are unavoidable in order to finish what I have started. I will contact you later if I am able to get the chance.
Love, Sydney

Sark stared at the letter reading it again. If she were not returning to the CIA, where was she going? He felt himself look up at his handler unable to hide the confusion on his face. It was quickly misplaced at the sight of the smug satisfaction displayed in his handler’s self-righteous smirk.

“Have you any idea where she might be?”

“I have a few hunches…” Sark lunged at his handler finally having enough of Colin’s smug arrogance despite the seriousness of situation. Holding Colin against the Focus both hands at his collar, Sark spoke forcefully his blue eyes piercing into Colin’s.

“Where is she?” Colin glanced down to Sark’s hands suggesting he was going about obtaining the information in the wrong way. Sark unfazed only gripped his collar tighter. “Where?” he demanded again.

“The alias I gave her was on a manifest for a flight to Zurich that left shortly after her flight to LA was scheduled to depart.” Sark stunned released his hands from Colin taking a step back. “Have you heard anything from Sloane?”

Sark was at a loss and was desperately trying not to let his handler see it. He had no idea why Sydney would have flown to Zurich or why she had written a goodbye letter to her father. He glanced quickly at Colin while absentmindedly running a hand over his head and putting it to the back of his neck.

“No, nothing.” Colin nodded solemnly, the arrogance now leaving his face at the realization of what could be at stake. He could tell Sark was concerned and that made him nervous. Colin had learned in their brief time together many things about Sark. First, do not call him Julian. Do not question his actions unless there is good reason. Finally, when Sark acts worried, it is well beyond the point of any normal person’s scale of concern. Now seeing the way Sark was behaving over the uncertainty of Sydney’s whereabouts and motives for doing so, it was almost confirming his assumption of why Sydney had not flown to LA.

“Well, I came up with two possible scenarios.” Sark looked at him expectantly. “One, she flew to Zurich in an attempt to go after Sloane herself.” Sark nodded believing that could be possible, but he was still not convinced. She seemed to have no inclination of doing anything further to Sloane after what happened in Lima.

“And two?”

Colin sighed lightly. This was the option he figured was correct and it troubled him the most. “She has flown to Zurich to sell information on your cover to secure herself a place in The Covenant.”

Sark narrowed his eyes at his handler trying to decipher if he were serious or not, then decidedly laughed out loud. “That’s what you think she did, don’t you?” Colin stood unmoving before him. Sark shook his head still chuckling. “You don’t know Sydney at all…”

“Simply because you shared a bed with her, you think you do?” Score one for Colin. Sark brought his gaze to meet Colin’s keeping his intake of air steady so not to alert Colin the remark had stung. He would be damned if he gave his handler any further inclination that indeed he was finely tuning his ability to get under Sark’s skin.

He looked back down at the letter now on the ground. Kneeling down to pick it up, he read over it one more time. I will most likely being doing things that I would assume rather forget, but they are unavoidable in order to finish what I have started. This line stuck out to him. What had she started already that needed finishing? Why would she be doing terrible things in order to accomplish them?

He took a deep breath as he folded the letter and tucked it back into the envelope. He handed it back to Colin. “Readdress this in her hand and have it sent off to Jack Bristow.” Colin nodded as he slid the letter in his coat pocket.

Moving to the driver’s side door on the Mercedes, Sark opened it stopping to look back at Colin. “I’ll take care of this.”

Colin nodded again. “Yes, I hope so.”

Now in back in the Mercedes, Sark turned the key in the ignition jumping slightly at the intensity from the bass in Nick Cannon’s Gigalo as it resonated throughout the car. Sliding it into reverse, he whipped out of the parking spot before throwing it in drive roasting his tires at the Ford Focus. It was almost childish, but he didn’t care. Glancing back in his rearview mirror, he could make out his handler definitively shaking his head.

A/N: I don’t know about you, but I am not a big Rambaldi/Sydney shipper – Damn it, there will be no Spy!Babies. So, I’m working on the assumption that Sydney is the one in The Prophecy. Not those eggs. Wait, what eggs? ;)

I did not design this game - I did not name the stakes - I just happen to like apples and I am not afraid of snakes ~ Ani DiFranco

Sydney absentmindedly swept her bangs to the side as she went to pull at her short black skirt. The bracelets on her wrists dangled as she went to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. She caught herself and stopped her hand midair. Instead, she lowered her hand and quickly moved her neck side to side popping it. The elevator dinged; she had arrived.

Stepping out of the elevator, she coolly swaggered past the receptionist pushing her way through the doors of Sloane’s office. Standing in front of his desk, Arvin looked at her bewildered by her sudden appearance. The receptionist ran franticly in after Sydney stopping abruptly upon seeing Sloane.

“Herr Sloane, es tu ich leid (Mr. Sloane, I am sorry)” the receptionist started. Sloane raised his hand signaling for her to stop, but never taking his eyes off of Sydney. “Es ist alle rechts Elise. (It is all right Elise).

Begrudgingly, the woman cast a look at Sydney before turning to leave the room. Sydney watching her go slowly turned her gaze back to Sloane now pouring himself a glass of water from a small crystal decanter.

“Now Sydney, this is an unexpected visit.” Damn right it’s unexpected, she thought. It’s not exactly where I thought I would be either. Instead, she smiled coolly at him as she strode slowly over to the chairs in front of his desk. Taking a seat, she looked up at him still studying her. She gathered her silence had been held long enough.

“I know what you are doing,” she stated simply. It was not a bold statement or what she would have rather led off with, but she wanted to work Sloane over before she got his complete attention.

Sloane half smiled at her naturally more amused than threatened by her statement. He moved to sit in his chair across from her. “That is a rather vague assertion Sydney.”

Again, unmoving just simply stating the facts, Sydney continued. “I saw you in Lima. At the warehouse where I was held prisoner…” She emphasized the last word like it left a bad taste in her mouth. Catching sight of the amused twinkle in Sloane’s eyes, she tilted her head up in slight defiance. It was all she could do to maintain her cool exterior other than the appealing option of simply launching herself across the table and putting him into a chokehold.

“Commendable story Sydney, but you have no proof.” Sydney stared at him levelly knowing full well he was expecting more, but little did he know that he was about to get it. He was playing exactly into her hand without even realizing it.

“I’m not here for the reason of obtaining proof from idle threats.”

It was as if Sloane realized he was giving too much away, so he suddenly waved his hand with a bored indifference. “Then why are you here?”

Are you ready for this old man? Because I sure as hell wasn’t. Sydney caught his gaze holding it as she slowly spoke emphasizing each word as if to indicate she knew exactly why she was here. “It is only after you’ve lost everything that you are free to do anything.” He studied her trying to see if she truly understood the weight of her words. She willed her gaze to convey she knew damn well what she was talking about.

A small smile crept slowly across his face as he sat forward in his chair now contently resting his hands in front of him. “They came back, didn’t they?”

Indeed, they had. The memories that came over her two nights ago revealed more things about her that she now understood why she wanted to forget. The one that stood out the most to her was one involving Sloane. He had told her repeatedly that she had no one in her life. Julia Thorne only had Arvin Sloane. No one else in this life for her, but the one man she was unable to hide her contempt for. They told Julia stories how everyone in her life had left her, her life, as she knew it was over. The sooner that she would accept that, she would be able to rise above it all with Sloane.

As Sydney recalled that memory, it had made sense. Before she was taken, Sydney had everything in her life. Instead of taking that all away from her, they just attempted to make her someone else. Successfully, she had led them to believe she thought she was Julia. Sloane believed it too for he had her exactly where he wanted her, alone with no one except for the man chosen to bring together the works of Rambaldi.

Sydney was frightened by what would happen if Sloane had been right all along. Kendall assured her she needed to return to The Covenant. It was not until Sloane began to speak of possibly misinterpreting the text from one of the parchment sheets that Sydney knew she could not stay. She had heard Sloane saying it could be that the receiver of great love given by the woman in the prophecy would be the one to rise above and render the greatest power. Sloane speculated that there was no love greater than the love between a mother and child.

Sydney never believed in The Prophecy, but the thought of an innocent child, her possible child being brought into this life for Sloane’s sick purpose caused her to drop everything and run like hell. Before the memories were erased, she had heard Sloane was frantically searching everywhere for her. It truly was her that was the Chosen One. The parchment was merely reiterating the belief that one person would render the Chosen One incapable of fulfilling the Prophecy by bringing together a great love. At the recollection of that memory, Sydney realized why Lauren had been assigned to Vaughn. Lauren’s assignment had been to keep them apart. Sydney was all alone again in her life. So to Sloane – it’s Prophecy time.

In Sloane’s eyes, it was like Julia had returned, but she was exactly how he wanted her to be. This time, with Julia’s memories to guide her, it was Sydney before him. Sydney smiled a subdued smile at him remembering how she behaved in their time together. “Yes, they did.” Not wanting to reveal too much, she let her words hang in the air for a moment. “I never wanted to believe what you told me was true.”

Sloane nodded understanding. “Sydney, you are the Chosen One.”

Sydney cast him a rather dark look. “I am.”

For a moment, all Sloane could do was look at her, a slight smile to his face. Sydney wasn’t sure if he was still trying to see if she were bluffing or not, so she just continued to stare back at him. Finally, he shook his head breaking whatever apparent train of thought was running through his mind. “Well, we have many things to discuss, but I need to make a phone call first.”

Hope you enjoyed what I have so far - I wanted to be sure and get this up before this weeks/tests bog me down :smiley: Sending out PM's now!
Next Update

Well shoot! After I read your wonderful story over at SD-1...I found the sequel here! :smiley: I love this beginning! Could I have a PM when you update next? I can't believe Sark's Handler...pshaw...does he evn know our delightful Ms. Bris? ;) Making Sark all agitated...heheheh

Ahhh... :eek: What a place to end. GREAT continuation, btw. Reads just like an actual episode and loved the Sloane/Syd interaction. I can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Oh Suzi! You continue to amaze me!!

This is such a great idea for a continuation. I absolutely love your interpretation of the prophecy for this story. Its fantastic!!

I can't wait for the next part!! Thanks for the PM!!

(y) (y)

I'm going to try to quote lots of your chapter when I'm leaving you feedback! I know you did that for my story and it was sooooooooooo appreciated. In fact, you just might have been my favorite reviewer because of that... :D

I'll start with saying I got your PM and read the title first. I was like "Name the Stakes... I do not remember asking for a PM for a story with that title." And then I saw that you were the author, put two and two together, and started jumping around 'cause I was so excited... so, what I'm trying to say is Thanks for the PM!

Sark had been slightly worried about Cole’s ideas for Sydney as the man had so much nervous energy there was no telling what he was capable of.

Ahh... Quentin Tarantino. Wonderful director, not so hot actor!

“Good evening, sir. According to our records, you appear to have excellent credit and Bank One would like to take this…” Sark sighed irritated at the fact his meal was being interrupted for this.

So ingenius! Telemarketing handler booty calls! Nice! And the fact that Sark was slightly irritated was so in character!

Sark lightly ran a hand over the roof of the car. “She is gorgeous isn’t she?”

You know, he's just the type of guy to have an underlining pride of his car at all times. But he does have a really, really nice car. I'd give up almost anything just to ride around in it with him... :blush: :angelic:

Colin had learned in their brief time together many things about Sark. First, do not call him Julian. Do not question his actions unless there is good reason. Finally, when Sark acts worried, it is well beyond the point of any normal person’s scale of concern.

Rules to Sark! I would imagine that if you had a name like Julian you wouldn't want to be called by it either. Especially 'cause, in my opinion, Sark sounds so much cooler!

Now seeing the way Sark was behaving over the uncertainty of Sydney’s whereabouts and motives for doing so, it was almost confirming his assumption of why Sydney had not flown to LA.

As if the idiot didn't know that the side effects of a romantic tryst with Sark are making large life-changing decisions!

Sark shook his head still chuckling. “You don’t know Sydney at all…”

That's apparently obvious! And I'm so glad our Sarkie does! :smiley:

Now in back in the Mercedes, Sark turned the key in the ignition jumping slightly at the intensity from the bass in Nick Cannon’s Gigalo as it resonated throughout the car.

I seriously laughed out loud at the thought of Sark driving around blaring this song! And then I started singing. "I'm a gigolo, spending lots of dough..." ;)

And here's where I stop 'cause I hate Sloane... :smiley: But it was a very well written part and I hope Syd sticks it to that bastard.

Enough of this "real" story... let's get to the smut! Be it real or dream! I don't care! ;) Keep up the great great great work! :lol: ;)

Well I've folloewd you all the way from SD-1...so i better be getting a PM when you update. I wouldn't miss this!!!!

Thanks for letting me know about the sequel!

Erin & Chia

hotpot said:
Sark lightly ran a hand over the roof of the car. “She is gorgeous isn’t she?"
:rotflmao: :sideroll: True Sark fashion. :D

Now in back in the Mercedes, Sark turned the key in the ignition jumping slightly at the intensity from the bass in Nick Cannon’s Gigalo as it resonated throughout the car. Sliding it into reverse, he whipped out of the parking spot before throwing it in drive roasting his tires at the Ford Focus. It was almost childish, but he didn’t care. Glancing back in his rearview mirror, he could make out his handler definitively shaking his head.
Sark listening to Gigolo... :laughbounce: Oh man. That's classic. :lol:

Sloane nodded understanding. “Sydney, you are the Chosen One.”
Sydney cast him a rather dark look. “I am.”
Oooh... she's accepting it. I wonder what this will lead to!

This is great, Suzi!! (y) (y) I wasn't expecting you to post the sequel this quick but glad ya did!! ^_^ Thanks for the PM. :D

I didn't expect you to put the sequal up so fast,glad it's up though!!I like how you're doing the Rambaldi procephy thing in this,can't wait for more.. Thanks for the pm.

~Rach~

Hon...that was fantastic!!

Sark lightly ran a hand over the roof of the car. “She is gorgeous isn’t she?"
I love that line....makes me wish I was the roof...purr like a kitty!!!
:lol:

can't wait for more!!

Thank you so much for the PM over at sd1.com!

This looks to be another fantastic story, and a great sequel! I can't wait until you update!!

If possible, do you think you can give me a PM? Thank you!! (Here or at sd1.com, I don't mind).

his handler in a blue Ford Focus
dude i drive a ford focus!!!! :lol:

i am SOOO happy that you decided to write a sequel, i don't know what i would've done if you hadn't. hoestly reading your story is like reading a really good book and you can't wait to turn the next page!!! NO LIE!
keep up the excellent work and thanks for the pm!

I started reading this story over at SD1, then promptly registered here to be able to read the continuation. I absolutely love it. Your characterisation of Syd and Sark is superb, and I love Colin Farrell's recurring role as Sark's handler. Tres funny.

Please PM me when you update :smiley:

Okay - here's a brief chapter for you all. I want to thank everyone that has come from sd-1 (some of registering just to read my story :blush: ) - you have no idea what that means to me!! If I could bake you all cookies - I would do it! ^_^ I hope to get a chance to respond to your feedback individually soon, but I am off to write some more at this very moment. I have fallen a bit behind and need to get to it! Next week is going to be a bit crazy - it's almost time for that last week before finals... heh - I'm still in denial though :D

Alrighty - enjoy and thanks for reading!! :D

Please forgive me - If I act a little strange - For I know not what I do - Feels like lightning running through my veins - Everytime I look at you - Help me out here - All my words are falling short - And there's so much I want to say ~ David Gray

Fourteen hours by plane to Zurich had not gone by fast enough for Sark. Ever since he had gotten the call from Sloane saying nothing more than “Sydney has turned up, I want you here now,” he had been going over all the possibilities of what Sloane’s words could have meant. It was now late, just after midnight and he was steering the silver BMW around the winding roads leading to Sloane’s chateau. Sark’s handler’s words played in the back of his mind as he continued up the steep road. What if Sydney had betrayed him? One of the few times in his life had he trusted someone so wholly and it might have been the biggest mistake he had ever made.

Pulling up around the circle drive in front of the chateau, Sark took a deep breath as slipped the car into park. Glancing through the tinted windows of the car, he did not see any movement in either the windows of the house or near the doorway. He took this moment to reach under his coat pocket and pull out his H&K from out of the shoulder holster. Releasing the clip, he checked it over before snapping it back in place satisfied. If he was the slightest bit unsure about why he was being summoned one thing was certain, he would be prepared for anything.

Coolly striding up to the front door, it was immediately opened as Marcus greeted him. Seeing the man from Lima, Sark nodded at him while moving past into the foyer. “Follow me Mr. Sark.” Sark obliged studying the man’s swagger, his demeanor giving away nothing. Sark knew Marcus to be rather inept at concealing emotions for he was nothing more than hired muscle. Sark relaxed momentarily as Marcus led him down the hallway to the large sitting room.

Once temporarily relaxed, he felt his insides tighten and mind reel, but his composed appearance never wavered at the sight before him. Flanking either side of the large fireplace in the back corner of the room were Sloane and Sydney almost chatting like old friends reunited after many years apart. Sydney sitting in a plush wingback chair with a glass of wine in hand seemed to be listening intently to Sloane as he chuckled softly motioning with his hands. Sark was gathering she wasn’t being tortured by being made to sit conversing with him next to the old hearth. Quite the contrary, both Sloane and Sydney seemed deep in conversation not even noticing Sark had entered the room. He stood before them moving his eyes back and forth between the two of them trying to make sense of what his eyes held. Enough of this, he thought.

“Have I interrupted something?” Both stopped talking abruptly and turned to look at him upon hearing another voice in the room.

“Ah, Mr. Sark, so glad you are here.” Sloane rose from his chair walking across the expanse of the large room to greet him. Sark took a second to glance at Sydney trying to decipher the meaning behind the disinterested gaze she cast him. He felt Sloane bring his hand up to his back leading him further into the room.

“Come sit down. We have many things to discuss.” Sark glanced at him before settling himself on the small sofa opposite Sydney and Sloane’s original chair. “Drink?”

Sark waved his hand. “No, thank you.”

He wanted to get down to business. Find out if he was going to leave the place guns blazing or not. He looked at Sydney flanking the fireplace noting she looked well. Her hair freshly cut, a warm glow presumably from both the wine and the fire to her side, she looked gorgeous in her fitted cream suit standing out against the lush garnet upholstery of the chair. What a contrast they were again. He is his trademark black and she in her cream, yet he couldn’t help but feel she should be the one in black. He felt his guard naturally rise at this thought. Sark’s instinct had never led him astray, but it seemed even that couldn’t be trusted when it came to Sydney Bristow.

“Agent Bristow, may I say I am surprised to see you here.” She raised her eyebrows at him as he let his face curve into the natural pose. As he smirked at her, she said nothing as she smiled slightly over at Sloane while sipping her wine. Sark swung his gaze back to Arvin as he brought his left leg up to rest on his right knee. The Glock at his ankle was now within easy reach. As the minutes wore by, he felt more and more like he was going to need it. That double crossing b****, he swore.

“Relax Mr. Sark. Sydney came voluntarily.” Well, of course she did, he thought. Best to play my hand while I still can.

Looking back at Sydney with newfound rage towards her coming easily to him, he resumed the former role he always played to her. “I’m surprised at you Agent Bristow.” He emphasized her title as if it were the most absurd thing given whose company she was now in. “Usually when one manages escape, they don’t turn around and return to their captor willingly.”

The sides of her mouth curled up into a devilish smile. “I needed some time to think my options over without your high pressure sales pitch.”

Sark felt a sharp stab to his insides even though he remained motionless on the sofa; his eyes never left Sydney as the thought of how she had played him took over his mind. All my work and everything I did, given up for a woman, he cursed.

“Enough,” Sloane motioned with his hand breaking the stare off between Sark and Sydney, “as much as I enjoy being witness to your scathing banter at one another – there are more pressing issues to sort out.” Sark looked back at Sydney to see her glaring at him.

No longer content to watch the verbal sparring, Sloane moved to the chair. “Sydney has come back because her memories have returned.” Sark sat unmoving in the chair not quite sure what that meant for him. He was still not convinced he wouldn’t be using his gun tonight.

“The Prophecy, Mr. Sark is coming true. Sydney has accepted that she is the one depicted in the works of Rambaldi. She knows this means that her and I are meant to carry out the rest of the journey together as it was described.”

Sark was thankful he had not accepted a drink when he arrived or he would surely believed he had been drugged. Sydney voluntarily came to Sloane, and he without question was letting her back in? Plus, her memories came back? When? His mind continued to race with questions, but his exterior toughened. He still wasn’t sure if she was selling him out or not.

He rose from his chair wanting to be above both Sydney and Sloane. “With all due respect, Sydney Bristow – a woman who has sworn hatred of you, who has deceived you in the past, shows up wanting in your organization using the one thing she knows is your weakness and you’re response is ‘it’s about time’?” Sloane continued to sit in his chair waiting for Sark to finish. “I must advise against this. You cannot be thinking rationally.”

“Quite the contrary Mr. Sark, you are not thinking rationally if you underestimate me. Sydney was told she would be watched closely if I were to trust her. She will be expected to do certain things in order to secure my trust.”

Sark moved behind the sofa he had been sitting on and glanced over at Sydney. The embers from the fireplace were sparking in her eyes as she looked back at him. Whatever her plan was, it didn’t seem right that she just sat there never saying in anything in her defense. It hit Sark then. How long had she been with Sloane? She had most likely already convinced him of everything she needed to. The gun snuggly underneath his left arm felt heavy now against him.

“I think it is fitting Mr. Sark that if you are so concerned about Sydney betraying the organization, that you be the one to be one to accompany on the task I have assigned her.” Sark who had been looking at Sydney the whole time almost transfixed at her presence next to the fire turned his gaze sharply to Sloane.

“Like hell I will.”

Sloane smiled at this and stood from his chair. Moving over to the fireplace, he grabbed the poker and began to stab at the logs rolling with flames. Sloane cast a look over his shoulder at Sark. “It was not a question Mr. Sark. It’s already been decided that you will accompany Sydney to Paris tomorrow.”

Sydney seeing this as her cue to exit stood from the chair, she went to Arvin standing by the fireplace and gently kissed his cheek. Sark’s mental jaw went crashing to the floor at the sight of this. “Good night,” she murmured. Moving towards the door, she paused as she walked past Sark. “See you tomorrow then.”

Sark scowled at her saying nothing in response. Part of him was now wondering if Sloane hadn’t caught Sydney and drugged her into doing the things he had just witnessed. She gave the man a kiss on the cheek for God’s sake, he thought. Something was very wrong with this picture.

Turning his attention back to Sloane still standing at the fireplace only now watching Sydney walk from the room, Sark ran his hand over his shortened locks. “How is this possible?”

“I’m not sure yet, but something has triggered her memories. It let her see everything that had happened to her in that time and now, as Sydney she was able to accept what it meant.” He smiled as he stared into space speaking more to himself now than to Sark. “I knew this day would come.”

Sark wondered what had triggered her memories, but he knew certainly something must have. There was no way he believed she was merely playing by ear with Sloane here. He had not known her in the time she was Julia Thorne, but he had heard Sloane speak of her sometimes. There were too many things Sloane would expect her to know for her to be improvising. Judging from her behavior a moment ago, Sark believed they had returned, but what that meant for him was still unclear. It was times like this he wished he still worked under Irina.

;) Working on getting the PM's out - FFC seems to be an ominous prescence tonight....

Next Update

Oh yay! An update!

Can I just say for like the millionth time how awesome this is!!

I'm intruigued by this new relationship between Sydney and Sloane...I know she's got some ulterior motives...but what, I wonder?? :Ponder:

I also love how what Sark said in the letter triggered her memory, but he doesn't know that it did...very interesting!!

Great update! Can't wait to see what awaits Sydney and Sark in Paris!!

(y) (y)

Back