Name the Stakes

and i forgot to mention that having david anders and colin firth in the same room is one of my fantasies... :D :D

my friends and i had a pride and prejudice sleepover on tuesday, so i'm on a firth high.

amisha
xxx

Aha - finally an update. I've been waiting to write this part and I hope it isn't too confusing. I hope you enjoy - your feedback is what encourages me to keep telling this story. Oh, and Dita - this updates for you. :lol: You, persistent stalker, you.

I tell you something
I am a wolf but I like to wear sheep’s clothing
I am a bonfire
I am a vampire
I'm waiting for my moment
- Temptation Waits, Garbage

The hotel is upscale, even the air seems to reek of formality and wealth, but the dark soul manages to fit into the scene. He knows the room number, he knows the target and more importantly, he knows what he has come to do.

He is in the elevator, soft, quaint classical music playing in the background, trying to disguise the environment of awkward silences and stiff formality. The elevator attendant has his back to him, but his reflection is clear in the gold covering the doors.

His every next move plays out in his mind as if he is rehearsing for a play. There is no room for error, there is no failure, and no turning back, he must have evidence to support his claims. If Sloane needs proof before he can believe, Will shall give him all that he needs.

The short ding of the bell announces their arrival. He moves out of the elevator, the lush carpet submits to greet his every step, and he looks like he fits in with the environment, but yet, he fails to stand out. It is eerily as if he were a familiar face, one someone could recognize, but would fail to place. He is everyone, but no one in particular. Without so much as a pause, he heads toward the room number he has long since committed to memory.

As he passes one of the rooms, he stops and reaches up to deliver a short knock to the door. A shrill child’s cry immediately erupts from the other side of the door and he instinctively reaches for the handle, frantically trying to open it. Naturally, it is locked and he is not in possession of the keys that will undo it.

Small wails of 'Daddy' can be heard through the door as he begins to soothingly coo.

“Daddy’s right here. You’re going to be okay”.

Suddenly, a nearby door opens, a sharply dressed man steps out and gives him a curious glance.

This is a set-up at its most finest.

Will has been waiting for this moment and he moves quickly towards the other man.

“You have to let me use your phone. My daughter is locked in there,” he glances back towards the room, a wail coming from behind as if on cue, “and my keycard is in there.”

Colin looks him over and then looks at his watch. He needs to be somewhere soon, Will knows this, but Colin will not make it to that appointment.

“I’m in a hurry, you should really just go down to the front desk.” Colin starts to move past him, but Will reaches for his arm as the cries seems to grow louder, filling the hallway.

“Please, she’s only three years old.”

Colin sighs, defeated, and reaches back into his coat pocket to retrieve his own keycard. Evident by the tight scowl now displayed on his face, he is none too happy about allowing this man into his room, no doubt making him late for his meeting.

The light on the lock flashes from green to red in an instant, a mute beep audible barely over the crying child, and Colin pushes the door open. Will walks in, moving in the direction of the phone. He lifts up the receiver before looking back at the man still standing in the open doorway.

A wry smile comes to his face as he puts the receiver to his ear.

“They’re going to take away my father of the year award for this.”

“Yes, I suppose they will.” Colin dryly replies, again glancing down at his watch and releasing a deep, impatient sigh.

Will turns his back to Colin, discretely pressing his finger down on the hookswitch. He pauses before speaking to no one.

“Yes, this is Edward Pearson in room 425. Would it be possible for someone to bring the key to my room up?”

Again, he pauses for effect, waiting to hear a non-existent reply.

“No, my daughter, Olivia, is locked in and I don’t want to … Oh, yes. I will be outside. Thank you.”

He hangs up the phone and looks back at Colin, still appearing to be greatly irritated at the inconvenience of the whole situation.

“Oh, did you see you have a message pending?”

Will points to the rapidly blinking light on the base of the phone.

“No, I didn’t.”

Colin moves towards Will, a concerned look on his face, and before Colin knows it, Will has pulled out his weapon, silencer attached, and fires twice into Colin’s chest. The sharp release of bullets pierces the air and Colin does not have time to utter a stunned cry before he falls to the floor.

A look of concentration is on Will’s face as he moves quickly over to the body lying on the floor. He reaches into his coat pocket and his hands find a small diskette that Colin was intending on delivering to Sark. Will pockets this and moves over to the suitcase neatly propped up on the dresser.

There is the standard issue weapon, pressed khaki’s, and assorted toiletries, but he wants something else. More evidence, and soon he has Colin’s identification badge as well.

He is quick, efficient as he slips out of the room and down the now quiet hallway to the fire exit.

Mission almost accomplished.

Sark and Sydney sit at the small outdoor café table. The weather is warm, their clothes suggest common tourists merely taking a break from the sights, but their dark sunglasses allow them to scan the crowds in search of Colin. He is running late and this worries Sark.

Colin is never late, the proper Brit, he always calls if he is running behind schedule.

Sydney senses Sark’s impatience and growing worry, she reaches over to take his hand, lightly caressing the exposed skin of his wrist with her thumb, and she reassuringly promises, “He’ll be here soon.”

In the distance, while Sark and Sydney are watching the crowd and waiting for Colin, they themselves are being watched through a telephoto lens. Sydney’s intimate gesture does not go unnoticed by the eyes watching them.

Will grits his teeth.

Why would she have her hands on him? After everything Sark has done to her, why does she comfort him? He is a traitor. Sydney is a traitor, but Will is willing to overlook that at the moment. Perhaps Sydney knows Sark is betraying Sloane and is preparing to set him up as well. She will be pleased when she finds out Will has almost all the evidence he needs to seal Sark’s fate.

He takes pictures, capturing the two waiting at their rendezvous point with a known British Intelligence officer. Sark will soon pay for everything he has ever done, Will vows. He will wish he had never been born.

Sark takes out his cell phone, dialing Colin’s number, he continues to grow more impatient.

The sun is high, bearing down on them through the thin material of the table’s umbrella. There is no answer on Colin’s phone. Sydney continues to search the crowds of people walking by, then, for no reason, her eyes drift up above the crowds to the apartment windows above the storefront across the street. She glances up as the sun reflects off a piece of glass in the distance. Sydney squints, her eyes seeing beyond the glass, beyond the camera, to the face behind it.

At once, she reaches for Sark’s hand.

Even without the lens, Will knows the look on Sydney’s face. It is recognition.

“We have to go. Now.”

Sark looks confused as Sydney pulls him away from the table.

“But Sydney, we can’t just …”

She turns back, quick enough to give him a look that says it all.

Shut the hell up and move.

They travel through the crowd, Sydney leading him and daring to glance back at the place where the light originated.

She sees nothing now.

There is a narrow alley to the side of them and she pulls Sark into it. The pounding of her heart echoes in her ears fighting against her shallow breaths and he sees the color seems to have suddenly vanished from her face. Sark brings his hands up to her shoulders, trying to steady her, now he is not only worried for Colin, but Sydney as well.

“What is wrong? Why did you pull us away like that?”

She stares up at him, her mind only now catching up to the sight her eyes had beheld. Taking a deep breath, she manages to utter words she is still not sure she believes.

“Vaughn. In the second floor apartment window across the street,” she pauses as her voice begins to break.

“He was watching us.”

TBC and can I just say -
I can. NOT. Believe. I just killed Colin OFF!!! ::wails::
Thanks for reading ^_^

Suzi...well worth the wait. And thank you, darling; my mother always told me persistence was a virtue and I'm quite happy to apply that to NtS. :P

Was very sad, first of all, to see my beloved Colin...dead. :byesad: Noooooo. Must watch Pride and Prejudice DVDs again to purge sadness from my soul--but it was a GREAT, unexpected twist that I didn't see coming. So (y) :up to you for that! And Baddie Will! :eek: Another fab twist that I had no idea was coming. EEEE! I love it! :lol:

I tell you something
I am a bonfire
I am a vampire

I LOVE this quote. Aside from the fact that Garbage is one of my favourite bands ever, Temptation Waits is a perfect Sarkney song. And it's from Buffy! :smiley: Yaaay...

The hotel is upscale, even the air seems to reek of formality and wealth, but the dark soul manages to fit into the scene. He knows the room number, he knows the target and more importantly, he knows what he has come to do.

He is in the elevator, soft, quaint classical music playing in the background, trying to disguise the environment of awkward silences and stiff formality. The elevator attendant has his back to him, but his reflection is clear in the gold covering the doors.

I love the contrast of shining gold and darkness; I can actually see it in my head. I especially love the part about the 'dark soul' fitting in. It makes me wonder just what Will has become...

“Oh, did you see you have a message pending?”

Will points to the rapidly blinking light on the base of the phone.

“No, I didn’t.”

Colin moves towards Will, a concerned look on his face, and before Colin knows it, Will has pulled out his weapon, silencer attached, and fires twice into Colin’s chest. The sharp release of bullets pierces the air and Colin does not have time to utter a stunned cry before he falls to the floor.

Wwwwwwhhat? :shock: I couldn't believe this when I read it. HE KILLED COLIN? What are you doing, Will? But I am quite intrigued as to why Will is doing what he's doing; resorting to murder and the like.

In the distance, while Sark and Sydney are watching the crowd and waiting for Colin, they themselves are being watched through a telephoto lens. Sydney’s intimate gesture does not go unnoticed by the eyes watching them.

Will grits his teeth.

Ohhhh... What is the Willage idiot up to now, hmm? Watching Sark and Syd through a lens. :Ponder:

Why would she have her hands on him? After everything Sark has done to her, why does she comfort him? He is a traitor. Sydney is a traitor, but Will is willing to overlook that at the moment. Perhaps Sydney knows Sark is betraying Sloane and is preparing to set him up as well. She will be pleased when she finds out Will has almost all the evidence he needs to seal Sark’s fate.

He takes pictures, capturing the two waiting at their rendezvous point with a known British Intelligence officer. Sark will soon pay for everything he has ever done, Will vows. He will wish he had never been born.

So he has a vendetta thing for Sark. Is it connected with the torture in Tai Pei? Killing Francie? Because now that I'm writing those out, they would be really good reasons for Will to go all The Bourne Supremacy on Sark.

“Vaughn. In the second floor apartment window across the street,” she pauses as her voice begins to break.

“He was watching us.”

So she thinks it's Vaughn, does she? Another great little twist I didn't see coming in a million miles. I can't wait until she finds out it's actually Will.

NICE update, Suzi. Half of those twists, I was all: 'woah'. Fabulous.

And the ending... It's a cliffhanger, though, and I've got to say: you must update soon. Seriously. Please??? :D

Thanks for the PM!

Ah, I'm not sure if the PM got sent out or not, so let me know if you recieved a PM for this if you can. ^_^

Okay..yes I got the P/M...so that's working!! Okay, here's my review:

I tell you something
I am a bonfire
I am a vampire

First off I love the song..I love that album...I love the band...I can hear the whole song playing in my head!! Great choice!! (y) :lol: :woot:

His every next move plays out in his mind as if he is rehearsing for a play. There is no room for error, there is no failure, and no turning back, he must have evidence to support his claims. If Sloane needs proof before he can believe, Will shall give him all that he needs.

Now excuse me..I am going to get angry, But..what the hell is Will doing working with Sloane!!!!!! Are we in psycho world!!!!! :angry: I'll have to attack!! :Ph34r:

A look of concentration is on Will’s face as he moves quickly over to the body lying on the floor. He reaches into his coat pocket and his hands find a small diskette that Colin was intending on delivering to Sark. Will pockets this and moves over to the suitcase neatly propped up on the dresser.

I still can't believe that..I am very upset and angry by that...and all I have to say to that is BLAH..BLAH you Suzi..Blah!!

She stares up at him, her mind only now catching up to the sight her eyes had beheld. Taking a deep breath, she manages to utter words she is still not sure she believes.

“He was watching us.”

Okay, I know we must be living in psycho world in you fic Suz because this is CRAZY!!! :angry: :angry:

Other than making me very angry being having Will be a baddie...as yes, if he's working with Sloane then he's a baddie...you did another great job. I can't read the next part of course!! Just stop making Will a baddie... ;)

P.S. I can't belive you killed Colin. How could you. I'm Blahing you again Suz!

Let me start with saying that I totally quoted this in the order I read it so some stuff won't make sense at the end, you story twister you! :P And, yes, I did get a PM.

I tell you something
I am a bonfire
I am a vampire

Any song that is good enough to make it onto Buffy the Vampire Slayer is good enough for me to see quoted in a fic! :smiley:

Oh dear Will... you know I really wouldn't have expected it from him. I like it when characters do things uncharacteristic. Good call...

And I have to admit I'm silently saddened by the untimely demise of our dear Colin.

Will grits his teeth.

If I were Will, I think I would be pissed off, too. I mean the man has been waiting around forever for Syd to notice that he's there. But, in my opinion, Sark is still the only proper choice for her no matter how much Will wants her.

And don't I just want to scream at him to stop fussing around with things he has no business fussing in.

Even without the lens, Will knows the look on Sydney’s face. It is recognition.

Ha! I want to jump up and down and scream "Teaches you for trying to outsmart Sydney Bristow!

“He was watching us.”

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Misdirection! I love it! And it's so hard to do properly. My admiration goes out to you. I didn't see this little shift coming.

And like I said before, I don't believe you killed Colin off either. This was a very short but relatively shocking chapter! And it left much to be desired, as in another update!!!!!! You can't leave us hanging forever! Not with a chapter like that! Evil cliffhangers are only okay if you fully intend to update in a relatively short amount of time.

:smiley: Again, a very well written chapter to a very well-written story! :smiley:

Thanks for the PM, Suzi! Great chapter and I didn't really expect Will to do what he just did - killing Colin! :eek: Poor Colin, gonna miss that guy! :(

OMG!!!!! you killed colin?!!!

tell me he's gonna pop up again?????!!!
nooooooooooooooooooooo! :D
i love colin firth...

urgh! will. is. so. gross.
what's with the whole i'm dark thing?
idiot!

how did she think it was vaughn?

maybe he was part of project helix and now looks like vaughn...

i got a pm.

update again soon...

amisha
xxx

First off thanks for the PM. Second you killed Colin!!!!!!!!!!! Ok deep breath. Well that's it for now. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Em~ ;)

I got the PM, thanks!

Glad for the update! Sad for Colin... Why why why????

i´m really curious about how this intricate story is going to evolve. Keep on writing (and please please write some smut that includes Will :P )

So, I snuck online because my neighbor said I could just jump on his wireless internet while I'm waiting to get set up. How nice was that!

I was so excited to see a Name the Stakes update and I thought that it was absolutely wonderful.

I adore the style it was written in and am very interested in finding out what Will is up to!

And Colin is dead! :depressed: But with as much as you love him...there must be good reason for that.

I love the twist and turns! Thanks for the PM! :flowers:

OMG!!!!!!! :shock: I can't believe that Will killed Collin :depressed:
What is he up to..I was so happy to see the PM for this and it was exellent (y)
Can't wait for more.

~Rach~

SUZZZZZZZZI... Where have you been? (n) I can stalk just as effectively in London than when I was in Florida, so...

:Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r:

A Dark Turn said:
SUZZZZZZZZI...  Where have you been?  (n)  I can stalk just as effectively in London than when I was in Florida, so...

:Ph34r:  :Ph34r:  :Ph34r:  :Ph34r:  :Ph34r:  :Ph34r:  :Ph34r:
[post="995914"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ditto... Where are you, Suzi?

I'm really sorry guys, but as of now, I have no plans to update or finish this fic. It's not that my muse is gone, but really it is the drive to write this or any fan fiction.

I know what would have happened and if you are curious to have the end in so few words, PM me and I'll tell you how it was going to unfold.

It's not fair to you the readers or the story to just keep churning out stuff that my heart isn't in.

I could not have asked for better feedback or reviews than the encouragement you all left for me. Thank you for reading and showing so much interest all this time. :flowers:

PLEASE PM me when you update. I REALLY want to see what Will and Vaughn are up to (since Vaughn is suppose to be dead) Are they doubles or what? (Please don't make them be doubles.) :D

Back