Space NASA Image of the Day

Angela Mason-Butcher: Multidisciplinary Engineer

20200218_1jk8145.jpg

Angela Mason-Butcher is the Capabilities Manager for the Integration and Management Office in the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Artemis I's Orion Capsule Completes Testing

orion_5.jpg

NASA’s Orion spacecraft, a critical part of the agency’s Artemis I mission, has completed three months of testing at the agency's Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Artemis I's Orion Capsule Undergoing Testing

orion_5.jpg

NASA’s Orion spacecraft, a critical part of the agency’s Artemis I mission, is nearing the end of a three-month testing campaign at the agency's Plum Brook Station. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Hubble Spies Galactic Traffic Jam

potw2009a.jpg

NGC 3887 is one of many galaxies in our universe with spiral arms, just like our own Milky Way. Until the 1960s, the behavior of spiral arms was an astronomical puzzle. The arms emanate from a spinning core and "should" therefore become wound up ever more tightly over time. Instead, they move more slowly, like an interstellar traffic jam. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Next Space Station Crew Takes a Break From Training

jsc2020e016220_0.jpg

Expedition 63 crewmembers Chris Cassidy of NASA (left) and Anatoly Ivanishin (center) and Ivan Vagner of Roscosmos (right) pose for pictures in front of a Soyuz trainer. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Test Version of Orion Capsule Recovered in the Pacific Ocean

urt_8.jpg

With the USS John P. Murtha (LPD 26) in the distance, helicopters from the HSC-23 squadron fly by a test version of an Orion capsule during Underway Recover y Test-8 in the Pacific Ocean. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Alligators and Rockets: Sharing the Kennedy Space Center

alligator_in_waterway.jpg

An alligator lurks in a marshy waterway at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The center shares a border with the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Back