Nascar

I agree, Matt was better than Jimmie I do have to say even though I wanted Jimmie to win. Matt was consistant in his driving and end up finishing most of his races in the top ten. Now I want the points to stay the way they are so, hopefully, win this year. But now with the different point system, I'm not so sure.

Jeff and Jimmie did well again Wed. Jimmie was first on the speed chart and Jeff was a close second. Brian and Terry didn't do bad either. I'm looking forward to this season. Hendrick Motorsports should be tough again this year. Daytona about 33 days away!!

And I believe this is Jeff Gordon's 12 season with Hendrick Motorsports. I cannot believe its been that long. It has been a lot of fun watching him become one of the best drivers in Winston Cup history. (And yes, it is still and always will be, Winston Cup.)

It's official. The "Chase for the Championship" as NASCAR is calling it will happen this year. Read the FAQ here: http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/..._faq/index.html

You know, I actually like it b/c it'll still be competitive, if not more so and it's not like they're taking the other cars off the track for the 27th race who aren't in the top 10 or within 400 points of the leader. They'll still all be competing for wins, which we know is what everyone is after.

So, after taking a step back to read it, what do you think?

I'm not going to pass judgement on it right now. I'll wait until November, and see how it all works out. I will say that I don't agree with their decision, but I'll see how it goes. One thing that puzzles me though. The NASCAR top induhviduals have said one reason they are changing things up is to increase interest because they lose ratings come September when football begins. I've got news for them. They could put naked women on the hoods of the cars and have naked women change the tires during pit stops, they're still not going to get people who love football to switch to watch NASCAR. It seems to me, they think this is going to be a magic bullet to up the ratings significantly. It's not going to happen.

Hello...I have a question...in the Looney Tunes Back in Action...was that a Nascar car? with the 24 on the side a la the one that Flames had in is av once upon a time?

It probably was Jeff Gordon's #24 Chevrolet. He's driven a Looney Tunes themed car for a race each of the last 3 seasons. Last year it was at Phoenix and was a "L.T. Back In Action" promo and the 2 years before that were at Richmond.

Yes, in the movie, which I saw a few weeks ago, Jeff's #24 Flames Monte Carlo was in the movie. And that was really cool to see.

He's driven two Bugs Bunny themed cars the past two years, but Bugs didn't bring him much luck.

Thanks for answering that question for me :smiley: I can't follow Nascar over here. *sigh*

:eek:fftopic: I haven't seen you in a while Bri, I hope you are keeping well :smiley:

Back