NASCAR

Great day for the whole Hendrick camp!! The 48 was dominant again. The 24 had himself a solid day, up to 2nd in points. The 5 had another good day at Pocono (I bet Terry wishes they ran there every weekend). And the 25 had a very nice finish as well. He ran into a little trouble with Bobby Labonte, but hey, it's racing. Hendrick Motorsports is by far the class of the field in Cup racing. I'm just waiting for Kahne to run off a string of about 4 wins in 6 weeks. It's just a matter of time. Off to Indianapolis. I love the Brickyard. I'm picking the 24 at Indy.

Definitely. HMS had a strong day. Jeff made a fantastic save in the tunnel turn when his car got mysteriously wicked on him. I look for Jeff to get win #4 at the Brickyard next weekend.

And Kasey and that 9 team could have a chance to win there, too.

Awesome, awesome day for Jeff Gordon and the whole 24 team!!! Man, I am so excited he won today at the Brickyard. He was absolutely dominant. He could not have driven a better race. 4 wins in 11 races at Indy, that's pretty good. The rest of the Hendrick camp had tough days, but even so, it was a great, great day. Off to Watkins Glen.

Pretty typical Michigan race yesterday. It's so unfortunate and puzzling that Jimmie fell out for the third race in a row with engine trouble. Jeff had a good day and finished 7th and took over the points lead for the first time since 2001. It matters a lil bit now, but it'll really matter after the last race of the season.

Surprising winner in Biffle. The only positive thing that the 48 team can maybe say is that at least they're getting the bad luck out of the way now instead of a month from now. If these past three weeks happened in October, Jimmie and the team would be finished. Good day for Jeff and the 24 guys. Off to Bristol, Saturday night, short track racing. Should be fun.

Eh I'm for anyone really I watch it every now and then but usually for the last couple of laps...Biffle kicked butt in the Michigan 400 though....Matt Kenseth is my fav in the end though

Jeff Gordon and the 24 team are on the pole!! Really important at a short-track. Mikey had himself a real hard crash on his qualifying lap. He's gonna need a lot of NAPA auto parts to fix that car.

I know...why doesnt he just get a new one though? I mean I know it wouldn't be cheap but by the time you finish up the "rest" of that car it'd probably cost more?Erm I like the short ones...that way I dont have to leave the TV for a half hour and then come back later to watch the last 5 laps lol

VaughnsAHottie said:
I know...why doesnt he just get a new one though? I mean I know it wouldn't be cheap but by the time you finish up the "rest" of that car it'd probably cost more?Erm I like the short ones...that way I dont have to leave the TV for a half hour and then come back later to watch the last 5 laps lol
[post="979294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

He will go to a back-up car. Every team brings 2 racecars to the track each weekend.

VaughnsAHottie said:
This year is the last Southern 500 :eek:
[post="980003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It is with the name "Mountain Dew Southern 500" but according to the schedule on NASCAR.com, the race on May 7, 2005 at Darlington will be the "Carolina Dodge Dealers 500". The spring race there is usually only 400 miles but I guess since NASCAR is only visiting Darlington once now, they are going to make it the same distance as the Southern 500. Which I think is great because that track is one of the most exciting on the circuit.
Racing in Fontana, California on Labor Day is going to take some getting used to. Oh well, all in the name of progress, I guess. :(

Back