NASCAR

GarnerForEmmy said:
Nice run for the 48.  He needed it after the month he has had.  Terrible call by NASCAR on the 24.  Off to Fontana.
[post="980824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, I'm sure they're happy to finish.

I know we're off to California again, but this is still Darlington's date to me.

Very nice pole run for Vickers. I've got to say, that one caught me by surprise. Good starting spot for the 24. Should be a good race but it's still no Darlington.

Brian ran blazingly fast. I laughed when his spotter or crew chief came on the radio and said, "You still breathing, bud?" Haha. Good run for the 24, too.

I'll agree with that.

Eh, I was enjoying the race up until it was 42 to go. I'd rather not see any DNF's, but at least it's not in the last 10 races.

Kasey, again, comes real close to winning.

It should be real real interesting at Richmond.

The 24 blew up. At least it didn't happen in the final 10. I just hope this isn't the beginning of a streak like the 48 had a few weeks ago. Kahne and Martin into the top 10. Off to Richmond, under the lights again.

That was a good race...I still think that Dale Earnhardt Jr should've done better but oh well I guess with those tracks it wasn't that easy....but did you see how much flippen trash there was?!

Robby Gordon should be parked for the next week or two. I'm not a Mayfield or Stewart fan, as you know, but for those 2 teams to be virtually taken out of the Chase by an idiot like Robby Gordon is a shame.

Nice runs for Jeff and Jimmie. Very good way for them to start the final ten.

I'm a fan of Jeremy and Tony and it was a boneheaded move by Robby to do that and take them out like that. There's rumors going around that he could be replaced by Dave Blaney or Ricky Craven some time this week.

We'll see what happens.

A great top 5 for the 24 and top 10 for the 48. They just need to keep this momentum going for 8 more races. If they can get out of Talladega in one piece, they'll be ok. It's nice to see Gordon at the top of the points list. I would like to see it there after Homestead as well.

There was testing over at Lowe's Motor Speedway yesterday (Tuesday) and I was able to go watch it and was very happy about it. There were quite a few Cup and Busch teams, but Jeff was there, which is the reason why I went. ;)

But watching testing was fun. I'd clock Jeff on my watch every time he came by and snapped quite a few pictures. I managed to wave my hat at him when he came by a few times. I wonder if he managed to see that. Sat on the front stretch near the start/finish line.

It was fitting that he was the last car out and the last car in when it was over. He also managed to be out on the track for a few laps by himself and I loved that. It was peaceful.

As I said before, I took some pictures and I'll give you the link here: Testing Album

The pictures look really bad, I know. It's kinda tough catching the cars at the right moment when they're flying by. Plus, my digital camera sucks and I want a new one.

Edit: I managed to find some pics at lowesmotorspeedway.com: LMS Testing

If it wasn't for that last pit stop and coming on to pit road trouble and caution, Jeff should have had a better finish. I also wonder why nobody would draft with Jeff. I mean, he had a fast car. Unfortunately, Jimmie had trouble again.

Junior wins the race and I wonder if he'll get fined and docked points for cursing on TV. I have no problem with what he said though.

Well, today was a ton of fun. I went out to HMS. The Hendrick Motor Sports facility is huge. There was a museum full of cars and trophies. I was elated to be in the presence of history and I got chills a few times. You can actually walk in and view the race shops, you have to stay behind a yallow line, as the guys are working on them.

They were giving away FREE race tires, without the rims, but I can't tell who's cars they are from, but I've got one here in my room. (I also have one of Jeff's tires that I bought in 1997 at Michigan.) It's a beautiful place.

The 24 and 48 shop was great, I was drooling. In the picture titled, "2448lobby.jpg", the entrance to the shop is located behind that. Now, the way it is is that you walk in and there's a wall with a fence and a concrete wall, like on the race track, and I'd say it's about, oh, maybe 20 feet to the inside of the shop so you stand behind that and you watch from there. I would have taken a picture of that, but my camera ran out of space and I could only delete the last photo, but I will next time.

I bought a Drive For Five t-shirt, the ones that the team wears and I bought the hat that Jeff wears when he's outside of his car and doing interview and such and I also bought a lug nut.

It seems so surreal to have it right in front of you and I'm still elated!

Here's a link to my pictures:

HMS

Back