National Student Leadership Conference

Has anyone in the US recieved any of their pamphlets and are going? Its this thing in the summer where you stay and American University and learn either engineering, leadership, business, etc. I'm going for Intelligence and National Security and I was wondering if anyone else was going, cuz i'm soooo excited! :D I get to visit the International Spy museum

Oh, I got that. I really wanted to do the Intelligence one because of Alias, but I was going with People to People Student Ambassadors. I went to Europe in 2003 and Australia in 2004. Great trips also!

allaliasallthetime said:
Has anyone in the US recieved any of their pamphlets and are going? Its this thing in the summer where you stay and American University and learn either engineering, leadership, business, etc. I'm going for Intelligence and National Security and I was wondering if anyone else was going, cuz i'm soooo excited!  :D I get to visit the International Spy museum
[post="1285353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The International Spy Musuem is soo cool. ^_^

This program sounds neat! I've never heard of this before.

COOL SPY!!! I got one for medicine... I'm thinking if I should go, I applied for like three summer programs, but I don't know if I got in to them. I wanna do the spy one. :lol:

I got brochures on that but my mom won't let me go. :( I really wanted to do the one about politics. I thought it would have been a great experience. If anyone goes, have fun!!

Wow! I wouldn't be able to go, it's kinda pricy and our income doesn't qualify for the scholarship thing hmph. Spy museum sounds cool!! What did you see!?

AliasALIAS said:
Oh, I got that. I really wanted to do the Intelligence one because of Alias, but I was going with People to People Student Ambassadors. I went to Europe in 2003 and Australia in 2004. Great trips also!
[post="1285447"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oooo I heard of the people to people one too...wanted to go but costs too much money :( i also got a LOT of pamphlets from all those leadership places. too expensive though so yeah...cant go. *sighs* intelligence one looks interesting though! lol so does the science one...but umm intelligence one looks more interseting...due to alias! lol...

The program has different dates but I'm going in late July and early August! I am soooo excited!

Does the Spy Museum have a gift shop with cool gadgets? Cuz i would totally buy one...lol

The Spy Muesam has a really cool shop. They've got loads of James Bond stuff (course :rolleyes: ). They have the gadgets you see in all the toy stores. The crappy ones that I got and they all broke :lol: There's awesome books to.

I got the NSLC pamplets a lot in the past few months. But I can't go because of the money and plus I'm going to Nova Scotia/New England area for half of July.

i went the summer before last for International Diplomacy and it was very cool. the highlight of my summer. i highly recommend it for anyone, especially the international diplomacy one (they didn't have the intelligence program when i went). if you can, definitely do it!

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
The Spy Muesam has a really cool shop. They've got loads of James Bond stuff (course  :rolleyes: ). They have the gadgets you see in all the toy stores. The crappy ones that I got and they all broke  :lol: There's awesome books to.
[post="1303315"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Whoa, those sound amazing, do you have to be in the program to go? How much would admission be!? I gotta make a lifelong goal to get there! :lol:

I went there with my family when we were in Washington D.C. It's close to the FBI Building and National History Museum. I wanted to see the CIA Building but then I was like 'Oh yeah. It's not in D.C' :P Duh :D

xdancer said:
i went the summer before last for International Diplomacy and it was very cool.  the highlight of my summer.  i highly recommend it for anyone, especially the international diplomacy one (they didn't have the intelligence program when i went).  if you can, definitely do it!
[post="1305318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
thats so cool! yeah i can't wait to go. So where did you go for tours and stuff? I think my tour includes the spy museum, i mean it should if im doing intelligence. How were you paired up by roomates? Was there a survey or something or were you just placed?

for tours, we saw the major memorials, the holocaust museum and the spy museum. plus, we had a lot of great speakers. we also got to go to baltimore and union station. as far as roommates, they just randomly place you, but everyone who goes is really cool, so it all ends up ok.

Back