National Treasure

This movie looks amazing! I can't wait to see it. We can talk about it here...

Does anyone know if it's a book? In the trailers, it sounds like it could be a Dan Brown book( the guy who wrote the Davinci Code)

I really want to see this movie because it's a really cool spin on our fore fathers without it being boring. The map on the back of the Declaration of Independence, the eye on the dollar bill. It's really quite a genious idea.

Mrs_Jack_Bristow said:
I'm seeing it because part of it was filmed where I work.
[post="1069542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's cool ;)

Ya, I'm not much of a Cage fan, but I did like him in The Family Man, and Matchstick Men.

Mrs_Jack_Bristow said:
I'm seeing it because part of it was filmed where I work.
[post="1069542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The Smithsonian?

I like Nicholas Cage. I liked him in Adaptation, Matchstick Men, and Con Air. (

^that's what im hoping

i just saw it last night and all i gotta say is WOW it was an awesome movie. It had a little bit of everything in it. Action, comedy, romance, and great music! It wasn't one of those things where you look at the dollar bill and say go there and you'll find the treasure. There were riddles and a history and meaning behind every clue. It actually makes you wonder if something like this is real

ms.katejones said:
The Smithsonian?

I like Nicholas Cage. I liked him in Adaptation, Matchstick Men, and Con Air. (
[post="1071940"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nope, not the Smithsonian. The part in the movie was supposed to be the White House in the 1800s, but it's filmed outside the building I work, which is across the street from the White House. For security purposes, I'm not disclosing the actual organization or building, but it's well known.

I think it is a really cool plot and I thought I might go see it but then realized that Jerry Bruckheimer was the producer and he is the best so now Im definitly gonna see it! For those of you that don't know....Jerry Bruckheimer has done: Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Remember the Titans, Black Hawk Down, and more! But all the movies he has done are sweet!

sd6452 said:
Ooh I saw this like 3 weeks ago!  I got one of those free movie screening things for it.  Some parts seem Aliasy.  :D
[post="1081782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i thought the same thing when i watched it! Maybe that's why i liked it so much :D

Saw it last night ... pretty good movie ... loved it ... not such a big fan of Nicholas Cage, but he did a great job ... and ... yes, some shots were definitely Aliasy ... (y)

I saw this movie last week. I like Nicholas Cage, and the plot was very engaging.

Yes, some parts of the movie made me think of "Alias." JJ should see it to get the idea of how to put a plot together instead of just making it up as he goes along, the way he's been doing with the Rambaldi storyline. That's the main reason I find it so irritating. The writers of "National Treasure" knew where they wanted to go, and took us there. The result is an exciting, fun story and a great time at the movies. JJ, watch and learn.

Back