Natural dissasters

GO Syd

Cadet
yesterday we had a small earthquake here (figures its california) so i had this idea to start this section-so what natural dissasters have allalias people been through, for me the worst was the northridge earthquake (i would have slept thru it if my parents didnt wake me up)

i was six or seven when the loma prieta hit. the loma prieta was the big 1989 san francisco 'quake. and i've gone through some other pretty big earthquakes too. and...that's about it. but as a californian, you just get used to them. although don't you think we're a bit overdue for "the big one"?

i mean overdue as in we should've had "the big one" several years ago. at least, that's what people made it sound like.

i kind of get this feeling that the longer we wait, the worse it will be. :confused:

but, of course, i could just be paranoid. :thinking:

well, i assume you're in la since you were in northridge. i'm in the bay area at the moment since i'm on spring break, so unless it actually WAS "the big one," i doubt i felt the earthquake you felt last night. ;)

so do you think the big one is going to strike in norcal or socal?

norcal--the one last night was a 2.9 so i agree u probably didnt unless u were a dog or something (or john travolta in phenomanon)

two tornados, one just missed my house by one street! and it was almost one year ago, this year our town is doing on these precautions, installing more alert systems but our middle school was badly damaged, schools were closed for two days. and thats it, and im glad thats all i have been through. and luckily no one was killed in either of them!

lol, i have never been in one either!lol, i know what you mean though, i actually didnt realize it was a tornado till i was driving around,i just thought we had a bad storm, i had my windows open and was upstairs!lol, good thing it didnt hit our road!

There have been absolutely NO natural disasters here in boring Arizona...not that I know of anyway. We WERE supposed to have a hurricaine, but we didn't get one...::Pouts:: It would've been my first one too!! I WANNA SEE ONE!!! I wanna be those people who chase after toranadoes or hurricaines or whatever!

it's very strange how that one came about....well, If I'm thinking right anyway. I thought it was funny in that movie Twister when the cows were flying, but now I'm thinking its a conspiracy...Ok, NOW I don't wanna go chasing after torandoes! :lol: :rolleyes:

GO Syd said:
yesterday we had a small earthquake here (figures its california) so i had this idea to start this section-so what natural dissasters have allalias people been through, for me the worst was the northridge earthquake (i would have slept thru it if my parents didnt wake me up)
there was? I didn't feel it or hear about it :confused: must be in the other side of town :lol:

earthquakes are scary yet a thrill comes with it (at least after it's finished, when you know you're safe :P )

Back