Nature Just Lost It's Champion

If anything it shows that we need to respect nature even more. Indeed he went out doing what he loves, plus I've read reports where this is considered a sort of freak accident. Usually Sting Rays aren't very lethal. Maybe there were other complications as well?
He was one fearless guy, I'm glad to see a lot of other folks take intrest in Nature and Conservation thanks to his crazy antics.

Yeah, when I saw that on the news I was a sad. I enjoyed watching his show when I was young. He was a good guy, and it's a shame he died kinda young. Death by a stingray is pretty rare; but he was impaled through the heart :(. Like everyone else is saying, he died doing what he loved. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Steve Irwin!

I'm floored. I used to run around makin' my daughter laugh doin' impersonations of him. That guy is a good friend to families and individuals all over the world. Rest in Peace Steve.

I'm both sad and filled with irony. Everybody used to poke fun at Irwin for screwing around with dangerous animals and pissing off crocodiles, but we never ACTUALLY thought he would be killed by an animal, even though he wrestled with them all the time. Strange.

I feel really sorry for his wife, 8 year old daughter, and 2 year old son he left behind. :( The last time I saw him on TV, it was a show where his whole family was taking a road trip around America visiting National Landmarks. He seemed to be a great dad.

John Stainton said:
If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean. On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over.

Seems like Steve may have actually been prepared for something like this to happen someday. I guess that lessens the blow for me, even if only a little.

Back