Need Help Picking A Book!

ok first mandy -HOLY felgercarb what kinda crazy school do you go to thats an INSANE amnt of work

but anyway i havent heard of any of those plays sorry

but as for the kids books - if it were me ...well any excuse to use harry potter :angelic:
although i did find the secret garden quite enjoyable ^_^

well, really, it's only for my two english courses. Bio, Chem and Physics are way more demanding. I just need to pick ONE out of all of that. well two out of both lists but still. :lol: It's just that we have to work on this on our own while doing other assignments for the class normally through out the year, which takes a huge amount of time management and self disiplin. :lol:

Anyways, Harry Potter's already taken and she doesn't want us to do any other book other than the first one, and since we can't double up on books... :rolleyes: Does anyone have any other suggestions for other children's novels?
--mandy :angelic:

Maybe try The Lover. That sounds interesting. This is the description from Amazon.com:

Set in the prewar Indochina of Marguerite Duras's childhood, this is the haunting tale of a tumultuous affair between an adolescent French girl and her Chinese lover. In spare yet luminous prose, Duras evokes life on the margins of Saigon in the waning days of France's colonial empire, and its representation in the passionate relationship between two unforgettable outcasts.

With the One Acts, I know the Dumb Waiter is good, but I haven't read enough One Acts to even know what any of the other ones are.

Okay, i got my books. For English ISU i'm doing The Joy Luck Club because it was the only one that sounded interesting, that wasn't taken by someone else in my class and that was a nice short read so i can read it over several times. :smiley: For Writer's Craft ISU, i'm still deciding between Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Black Beauty. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
Okay, i got my books. For English ISU i'm doing The Joy Luck Club because it was the only one that sounded interesting, that wasn't taken by someone else in my class and that was a nice short read so i can read it over several times. :smiley: For Writer's Craft ISU, i'm still deciding between Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Black Beauty. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1007752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I always thought The Joy Luck Club was pretty interesting. It was one of the better books I read my junior year. You read it already?