need help remembering

Endora

Cadet
trying to remember a sci-fi story i saw on tv in the 70s or 80s. it was part of an anthology series; 1/2 hr episodes, i think. the story was a very future time where scientists have pinned down the star that exploded and shone in earth's sky the Christ was born. an expedition, which included a clergyman, has been sent to investigate. they discover that the star's explosion has annihilated the population of a planet which, they conclude, was populated by a very advanced, peaceful and intelligent society. the clergyman suffers a crisis of faith, unable to reconcile his belief in a kind and gracious God with the destruction of an entire race of peaceful beings. does this ring a bell with anyone? i think the episode was adapted from a short story --- Bradbury? Asimov? --- but that may be only wishful thinking. thanks for your time.

trying to remember a sci-fi story i saw on tv in the 70s or 80s. it was part of an anthology series; 1/2 hr episodes, i think. the story was a very future time where scientists have pinned down the star that exploded and shone in earth's sky the Christ was born. an expedition, which included a clergyman, has been sent to investigate. they discover that the star's explosion has annihilated the population of a planet which, they conclude, was populated by a very advanced, peaceful and intelligent society. the clergyman suffers a crisis of faith, unable to reconcile his belief in a kind and gracious God with the destruction of an entire race of peaceful beings. does this ring a bell with anyone? i think the episode was adapted from a short story --- Bradbury? Asimov? --- but that may be only wishful thinking. thanks for your time.
Sounds weird to me, ill stick with Star Wars and Keep on Trekkin!;)

IIRC Asimov was a 'humanist', i.e. anti-Christian
If my college level memory serves me correctly, even scientist from the past were non-God fearing folks. I reckon they figure there is no sense in believing in a higher power and they try to explain life in their own ways. Oh well......
fantastic-planet.png
Wonder how the after-life is working out for them? LOL!

Back