Need some good Sci-fi books

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you guys know any good books?

Im searching for some futuristic sci-fi books. Like 200-300 years from now on, where people on earth have explored the space and other planets.

I am a big fan of space odyssey! :smiley:

Thanks in advance guys!

I would start with:

Deathstalker by Simon R. Green (Epic Space Opera)
Starfist by David Sherman (Military Sci-fi)
Star of the Guardians by Margaret Weiss
Combat K by Andy Remic (Shoot em up sci fi)

Hopefully you haven't read all of those, Starfist is by far and away the least fantasy like of all those series.

HI,
I like sci fi and have read a lot of good sci fi books, but i need some more! i like space exploration and futuristic stuff the best. and i would like it to not be too cheesy haha...
thanks! :smiley:

I liked 'Out of the Dark' (by David Weber), which is a current-day alien invasion read.

Jack McDevitt has some good books out (though he gets a bit political); I especially liked Omega and Infinity Beach.

Couple of ideas...............
~~~Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
~~~Dune by Frank Herbert
~~~Rendevous With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
As far as series' go............
~~~David Weber's Honor Harrington series
~~~the various Wing Commander series of novels

There's probably a few more choices floating around in my head; those listed are good choices, though. ;) :cool:

Every community I frequent has the same type of topic.
What are the best (..........) books
What are the best (..........) Movies

and so on...

Recommend this...Recommend that...

It seems to me the best way to find what you like is to actually read the topics in that particular forum. We have a plethora of great scifi books at CoolSciFi already covered with some great discussions.

IN an answer to your OP, Read the forums and you will find many that fit your needs.

Try Dune. One of the best books out there.

By the way, above top secret is SCI, or "Secure Compartmented Information."

Greg Bear's Blood Music is quite good, if a bit disturbing. Also, Ender's Game and the rest of the series by Orson Scott Card are absolutely fantastic. His other series Ender's Shadow, is also excellent, but focuses more on Earth than the rest of the universe.

Try Bruce Sterling's "The island in the net." It's a cyberpunk novel. However, rather than using too much violence, it has a lighter touch of human interaction combined with fast paced action. It also tackles the issue of monopoly, but with a futuristic approach.

Back