Negan?

Icky while the figures are still very strong for cable TV in the US, it still shows a downward trend in viewership. I would put three mitigating factors into the equation here, well okay four.

1. The show is no longer the cool new thing to watch, teenage low attention spans.

2. The rise in streaming services now showing TWD almost immediately after the show televises, in markets like Australia the show streams, it doesn't have commercial television spots.

3. The "Netflix" effect. Folk now waiting for the DVDs and cram a season over a couple of days rather than watching on a weekly basis.

4. People simply getting sick and tired of the drama, more zombies less Negan.

Yeah I know @Icky , I'm just really fed up the guy. He does nothing but lean, tell dick jokes & make long winded speeches. Guy is nothing more than a bully & common thug. I really think this upcoming season 9 is gonna be all about him and my 2nd least favorite character Daryl.

I'm just really fed up the guy. He does nothing but lean, tell dick jokes & make long winded speeches. Guy is nothing more than a bully & common thug.
{Must... resist... urge... to make... political joke... about... certain POTUS... must resist...}

I think a lot of people think the Negan plot line was done in the single season, unfort needed for a certain plot direction if they follow the graphic novels.

Speaking of which deeply disappointed in the Whisperers, thought we would get a hell of a lot more there.

Salty hard to read into viewing figures as they don't take into account folk who watch the newer streaming services that would have previously watched television. I wait on the discs btw, as Australia has really dropped this show since day 1. In fact was the first person in Oz to see season 1, as got a preview release sent over from the states within a week of release.

Clearly there's been declining viewer numbers, franchise fatigue etc, some sloppy writing, and individual loved characters disappearing, but even at it's lowest viewer numbers the show is still kicking some butt.

Interesting the comic book series has completed finally.

Back