Never be the same again

great update! :D i really hope that Weiss talks to syd, and syd would forgive vaughn and then they could be happy again :smiley:
thanks for the Pm and great great update!

I wnat to thank all of you for the wonderful reviews.
I'm glad you liked the previous update :smiley:
And don't forget to read today's update (last one by the way) to get an answer to all of your questions :smiley:

Oh poor Vaughn :( I'm feeling so sad right now... but you're going to fix this sis? right???? :thinking:

You have to 'cause they're soooo PERFECT :love: for each other!!!!

:angelic: me

Hey everyone,

Before I proceed with posting the last update I want to thank you for all the love and support I got from every single one of you during the whole process of this story.
I really hope that you enjoyed this story just as much as I did.
I really had a great time writing this one and I can only hope that you guys loved reading it.
So a huge thank you goes out to all of you and maybe we'll see each other again during another story :smiley:

As to those who are reading my other story A SPECIAL LOVE, which is co-written with Ashqua, I can tell you guys that I'm deeply sorry for not being able to update recently but I felt that as long as this story wasn't finished, I couldn't concentrate on writing further on ASL.
So now that this one is finished I'll be able to focus my attention again on ASL and post updates again very soon.
Thank you.

Lots of love,

A few hours after Eric had ended his call with Michael and had learned about the fact that he and Syd had broken up, Eric was on his way to Syd’s house in order to try and talk to her. He really hoped for Michael’s sake that she would give him the time to talk about what it is that Michael is feeling for her and that she would reconsider her decision of staying away from him.
When Weiss rang the doorbell, he wasn’t really sure how she was going to react when she saw him because there was after all a fifty percent chance that she wouldn’t even talk to him, even if he didn’t have anything to do with it.
Only a few minutes later, the door opened and he was greeted by Sydney Bristow.
“Weiss, what are you doing here?”
“I came by to talk to you.”
“I’m not in the mood to talk thanks to your friend.”
“Look Syd, I know what happened, he told me and I think that if you’re not willing to listen to him, you should at least hear what I have to say.” Somehow she knew that Eric was just trying to be her friend too and she knew that she couldn’t punish him for something that he hadn’t done. She couldn’t punish him for being friends with Michael.
“Fine…Come on in.”
“Thanks.” So he walked inside and followed her into the living room. As soon as they sat down, she waited for him to start talking.
“Uh shouldn’t we do this in a more private room.”
“It’s okay, my parents aren’t home, they had to go see a friend at the hospital so we’re free to talk. You can say whatever it is you have to say.”
“Okay then here it goes…Michael didn’t do anything Syd, it was all Lauren. She had come to see him so she could break the two of you up because she find herself so much better for him then you. She told him that you didn’t belong to him but he wouldn’t listen so she just threw herself at him and unfortunately that’s when you came in.”
“If he didn’t want to listen to her then why didn’t he make her go away?”
“He tried Syd, honestly he did but you know Lauren. Once she gets her mind on something she refuses to let it go even if she can never have it. She was just frustrated because you and Michael became a couple so fast while she has already been trying to date him for so many years now. Really Syd, Michael didn’t do anything, it was all Lauren. You have to believe him and go talk to him because he’s broken up about it.”
“And what do you think that I am? He hurt me Weiss whether he wanted to or not, I’m still the one who had to see them kissing. I’m the one who’s been betrayed and you have no idea how much that hurts.”
“Yes I do. But he’s hurting too and maybe if you talked to him, you could try and work things out.”
“As much as I want to be close with him again, I’m still hurt and I need time to recover from this Eric. I can’t just jump right back into it, that’s impossible. And as much as I want to believe you and him completely, I can’t. And even if I believed him, I wouldn’t know how to forget it. I want to so badly but I just can’t…not yet.”
“Just consider going to talk with him Syd, please.”
“We’ll see…I think it’s better if you went now.”
“Yeah, maybe you’re right.” And with that he left and he knew that even after telling Syd the truth, he knew that this whole situation had been too much on his two best friends.
And he knew that even if they never would get back together, they would never fully forget each other. He just hoped that this would never happen and that they would get back together because everyone around them could tell how perfect they are for each other.

While Sydney went to bed early that evening, Weiss on the other hand called his friend to let him know how it went.
As soon as Michael picked up the phone, he asked the question that was so important to him.
“How did it go?”
“I talked to her and I explained what happened but she said that even though she wants to believe you, she’s still hurt and she doesn’t know how to go on with this. She really needs some time to let it all in and to see what she wants to do next. Just give her some time okay?”
“Yeah…I guess there’s nothing else to do anyway. I just hope she’ll believe me because I want her back so badly. It’s as if I can’t breathe without her. She’s my everything Eric.”
“I know buddy, I know.”
“Well thanks anyway for trying. At least she knows what happened now.”
“You’re right. Hey and you don’t have to thank me, that’s what best friends are for.”
“I know.”
“Look man, I have to go now but hang on okay?”
“I’ll try. Bye Weiss.”
“Bye.” While both best friends had ended their phone conversation, the phone rang at the Bristow house.
Sydney hadn’t been able to fall asleep yet so she wasn’t completely started by the ringing of her cell phone.
When she didn’t recognize the caller id, she decided to pick it up anyway because she figured that if it was Vaughn, she would just hang up before he could talk to her.
“Hello?”
“Um, is this Sydney?”
“Yes.”
“It’s me, Olivia.”
“Oh hi, how did you get my number?”
“I looked into Lauren’s phone.”
“Oh…so why are you calling me?”
“I think you and I need to talk.”
“About what?” It was silent on the other end for a few seconds before she heard Olivia saying “About Lauren.”
“Why?”
“Because I think there’s something you should know about her.”
“Okay. When do you want to talk?”
“Would it be okay if I stopped by your house tomorrow morning?”
“Yeah sure. I’ll see you then.”
“Okay, thanks. Bye.”
“Bye.” And with that they hung up, leaving Sydney wondering about what exactly Olivia wanted to tell her.

It was almost ten o’clock that Sunday morning when Olivia finally arrived at Syd’s doorstep.
“Hi, come on in.”
“Thanks.” Sydney noticed that Olivia was looking very nervous and she could only wonder what made her so nervous.
“Are you okay? You seem a bit pale…”
“Yeah, I’m fine, I’m just a bit nervous that’s all.”
“Oh…well why don’t you sit down on the couch and then you can tell me why you’re really here.”
“Sure.” And as soon as she sat down, she started telling Sydney what she had to know.
“I know this might seem odd that I called you last night and that I had to talk to you about Lauren, especially when you and I haven’t really talked to each other before but I felt that this was something I had to do.” When she saw Sydney nod her head, she took this as a sign to go on with her story.
“Ever since Michael and Lauren have been placed together in a class, she had this crush on him. She always flirted with him and he never once reacted to it because he just didn’t have feelings for her. The fact that he kept denying her, made her even more persistent to become his girlfriend and when you came into our class, she felt that Michael started paying more attention to you and that she would never win his heart. But she figured that if maybe she became your friend and you would hang out with Michael, she would be able to do that too and that would give her a chance to try again. But she hadn’t expect the fact that he would be hanging out more with you, instead of with her. So when you got the accident a few weeks ago, she came to me and told me that she was actually glad that you were in the hospital because she had a chance again to be with him. Only she hadn’t counted on the fact that during that time, Michael would actually fall in love with you. And when you came back earlier this week ,Lauren saw you and Michael kiss each other at the cafeteria and in class and she was just furious because she had been trying for so long to get Michael as her boyfriend and she never achieved in it and you, being the new girl in our class, did achieve in it. And I guess she was just really mad at you for that so she came to me and told me that she was going to try and break the two of you up and that she needed my help.”
“Why would she need your help?”
“I don’t know…She didn’t tell me what she was going to do, she just told me that she needed me.”
“And did you? Help, I mean?”
“No…I couldn’t. And I really don’t know why she came to me again because when she came to me with the fact that she was glad that you were in the hospital, we fought and I told her that she was being cruel but she just didn’t listen. And yesterday, she came to my house with a smirk on her face, telling me that she had succeeded in breaking the two of you up and I knew then that I had to come and tell you who she really is.”
“I’m glad you didn’t help her and that you came to talk with me. I really appreciate that Olivia.”
“Having told you this, I really hope that you’ll go and see Michael and I hope that the two of you will get back together because I know that he really loves you. Trust me when I say that once he sets his heart on someone, he isn’t easy on letting that person go. He’s a keeper Sydney.”
“I know and I know now that I was wrong to think that he hurt me on purpose. I know now that he deserves another chance and that we, deserve another chance.”
“I think you’re right. Well I don’t think there’s anything more to say so I’m just going to go now.”
“Okay.” And when she stood up, Sydney pulled her into a hug and Olivia hugged her back while whispering, “thanks for listening to me and for not judging me.”
“Why would I judge you?”
“Because I was Lauren’s friend and I didn’t stop her from what she was about to do.”
“I know you didn’t stop her but you did something better and that’s telling me the truth and giving me and Michael another chance again. That’s what’s important, so I’m not judging you.”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome and just know that from now on, you’re always welcome to come here or to hang out with us.”
“I really appreciate that Sydney, thank you. Well I’m going to go now.”
“Okay, well I guess I should be on my way too because there’s someone I really need to see.”
“Good luck.”
“Thanks.” And with that Olivia left Sydney behind with a feeling of pure relieve.

About fifteen minutes later, Sydney arrived at Michael’s house and after ringing the doorbell, the door was opened by Elizabeth.
“Sydney, what a pleasant surprise. I didn’t expect to be seeing you here.”
“Hey Elizabeth, is Michael home? Because I kind of need to talk to him.”
“Well, he’s actually still at the skating rink but he should be here any minute now. If you want you can wait in his room.”
“Thanks.”
“Of course, come on in.” And as soon as she had stepped inside, Michael’s mom pulled her into a tight hug.
“It’s so good to see you again after everything that’s happened.”
“I know, it’s good to see you too. Oh Elizabeth?”
“Yes dear?”
“Would you mind not telling Michael that I’m here when he walks in. I kind of want to surprise him.”
“Of course.”

Sydney had only been sitting on Michael’s bed for five minutes when she heard the front door open and heard him greet his mom. She didn’t hear what Elizabeth replied but she knew she could trust her and that she wouldn’t tell him just yet that there was someone waiting for him.
When she heard him say that he was going to put his stuff away in his room and get changed, she braced herself for the conversation they were about to have.
The minute Michael walked into his bedroom and saw Sydney sitting there waiting on his bed, he was very surprised.
“Syd? What are you doing here? I mean, I just thought,..I don’t know what to say.” Sydney couldn’t help but smile at his reaction and the fact that he didn’t know what to say.
“Maybe we should start by saying hello.”
“Hi.”
“Hey.”
“So why are you here while you’re all mad at me?”
“Michael, I’m not mad at you. Yesterday was just, hard. I was really upset by what I saw and I thought that you didn’t really love me, that it had just been a game.” As she was saying this, Michael came to sit next to her and took her hands in his.
“Syd, everything I said to you on the Ferris wheel and after it, was real. I really love you Syd and seeing you hurt makes me hurt inside too. When you ran out of the house yesterday and you didn’t want to talk to me afterwards, I felt so sad. It was as if I couldn’t breath properly anymore. You’re my air and everything around it. I can’t live without you.”
“I can’t live without you either and now I realise what a mistake it was for me to break up with you. I know now that it wasn’t your fault but that it was all Lauren. And I’m sorry for not seeing that sooner, I’m sorry Vaughn. Please forgive me?”
“There’s nothing to forgive Syd, it was normal of you to react like that. If it had been the other way around, I would have reacted the exact same way.”
“You would?”
“Yeah because I care too much about you.”
“I care about you too and I don’t want to lose you.”
“You’ll never lose me.” And after saying this, he leaned forward and kissed her like he had never kissed her before and both felt as if they were in heaven. It was only when they both needed some air again that they pulled back.
“Hey Syd?”
“Yeah?”
“What made you change your mind about breaking up with me?”
“Olivia.”
“Olivia?”
“Yeah…”
“How?”
“I know you told Eric to come and talk to me and he did. But as much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn’t because I still felt betrayed and as much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn’t. But a few hours later I got a call from Olivia and she said she had to tell me something important so this morning she stopped by my house. She told me everything about Lauren and how she had tried to steal you away from me and hearing that, made me realize that Eric had been right and I just had to be with you again. I had to see you and tell you that I love you.”
“I love you too Syd and I’ll always will. No one will ever come between us again because you’re the only one for me and you will always be. Forever and for always.” Hearing him say this was the best thing that Sydney had ever heard and she knew that from now on, things would never be the same again because she would always have her guardian angel with her. Up, front and centre…she would never be alone again because she and Vaughn belonged together, for always and that’s what she had always wanted.

~THE END~

=> Instead of giving you a prologue, I decided to take this song as the perfect real ending because it says so much more then I could ever write out.
If you can you should listen to it while reading the last few lines of the last chapter.
The song is called 'I belong to you' by Eros Ramazotti and Anastacia

Adesso no, non voglio più difendermi
Supererò dentro di me gli ostacoli
I miei momenti più difficili
Per te

There is no reason, there is no rhyme
It's crystal clear
I hear your voice
And all the darkness disappears
Every time I look into your eyes
You make me love you
Questo inverno finirà
And I do truly love you
Fuori e dentro me
How you make me love you
Con le sue diffcoltà
And I do truly love you

I belong to you, you belong to me
Forever

Want you
Baby I want you
And I thought that you should know
That I believe
And your the wind that's underneath my wings

Ho camminato su pensieri ripidi
You're my fantasy
Per solitudini e deserti aridi
You're my gentle breeze
Al ritmo della tua passione ora io vivrò
And I'll never let you go
L'amore attraverserò
You're the piece that makes me whole
Le onde dei suoi attimi
I can feel you in my soul
Profondi come oceani

Vincerò per te le paure che io sento
Quanto bruciano dentro le parole che non ho più detto, sai...

Oh..
Want you
Baby I want you
And I thought that you should know
That I believe

Lampi nel silenzio siamo noi yeah

You're the wind that's underneath my wings
Yeah hey yeah he

Adesso io ti sento
I will belong forever to you

aww that was an amazing story!
THANKYOU SO MUCH for sharing it with me!!! i am so glad that they were able to be happy and that Syd finally realised that it was Laurens fault!
thanks for all the PM
could you PM me with any other stories you write!?
:D xxx

that was soo good
i'm glad they got back together
i'm off to go read ASL i tought because i like this fic so much that must be good also
thanx 4 d pm
gracie

i'm so happy that syd forgive vaughn, and now they can live happily ever after :smiley:
this was soo great story!!! :D
thanks for the Pm!

awww....that was so good...i'm sad it's over
stupid lauren
i'm glad weiss and olivia came through
and they live happily ever after.... :smiley:
thanks for the pm
shelley :blush:

sorry i haven't replied in a while...it is coz i was away :(
but now i have caught up
and lauren is evil :devil:
and eric and olivia are saints in disguise :angelic:
and that ending was the best
thanks for the pm

awww no it can't be over! *pouts* sooo good!!! I love all the updates and I love how Olivia came and talked to syd! that took a lot of bravery and was really good!!

ooo i hope you write another fic cuz this one was soo good!!! :D

Now you're all making me feel really happy because you guys left so much wonderful reviews :D
Thank you guys for the encouragement and kind words :kiss:

Oh and for those interested in ASL, I'm working on it :blush:

Back