Never Lose Hope

I found some time tonight, so I wrote some today. Your lucky ^_^ hehe

(CIA Debriefing Room)

Sydney walked in along with her father. Kendall was already there, and stood up when they both walked in. Sydney walked over to Vaughn, and sat down next to him. Jack went on the other side of Kendall. All took there seat.

Vaughn looked over at Sydney, and gave her a half smile. Sydney smiled back, and took his hand in hers and held it tight. He in returned squeezed it back. Jack watched the bond between the two, and narrowed his eyes at Vaughn. Kendall looked over at Vaughn.

"First off, it's nice to have you back agent Vaughn." Kendall said

Vaughn smiled "It's nice to be back." He said squeezing Syd's hand again. She smiled when she knew buy what he meant.

"Agent Vaughn, you have been missing for three years. Do you have any explanation for where you have been, and why you haven't contacted the CIA?" He asked

He looked at Kendall, Jack, and then Sydney, and then back to Kendall. "Up until three days ago, I had no idea who I was, or where I have been." He said

Kendall looked confused "Are you saying that you have had amnesia for the past three years?" He asked

"Yes." He nodded

Sydney tried not let tears escape her eyes. Jack still wanted to know more.

"Do you care to explain what happened?" Kendall said

He looked at Sydney, and then back at Kendall.

"It started back in Rome when I was assisting Syd..agent Bristow with blowing up the lab." He started

Flashback

(Vaughn's voice over)

"I had set the bomb, but I had sent agent Bristow to go before me. A minute after she left I was ambushed by men. (Vaughn is fighting the men that are attacking him) I succeeded in fighting them off, but it was too late. One of the guards tried to disarm the bomb, but cut the wrong wire. (Shows a man cutting a wire) The bomb beeped, and I only had one minute left to go." He said

"Agent Bristow radioed to come back, but I instructed her to go ahead. When I reached half point of the safe zone, I realized that I only had thirty seconds left. (Vaughn's running down the halls looking for a way out.) I knew that if I continued with that path I wasn't going to make it. So I took a detour." (Vaughn runs a different way then he was going.

" I made it to then end, and realized that I only had ten seconds left. When I opened the door, I saw a pool before me. (Vaughn stands before the pool) I knew that I only had one option if I wanted to survive. So I jumped into the pool. (Vaughn jumps in the pool) I held my breath as long as I could, but before I could even get another breath, flying debree from the explosion came crashing on to me."(Vaughn struggles to keep the flying debree away from him.

"What happened?" You hear Sydney's eager voice come through.

"I was hit with some debree, and the next thing I remember I was waking up in a hospital." (Vaughn gets hit with debree, and knocked out. You see him laying face down in the water."

End Flashback

Everybody in the room looks stunned. Sydney tries to fight back the tears she was holding. Kendall kept on.

"What happened when you woke up in the hospital?" He asked

Flashback

Vaughn shifts as he begins to wake. He opens his eyes, only to stare at a bright light in the hall. A shadow appears covering the light. He puts his hand over his eyes to shield the brightness.

"Glad to see your awake Mr. Johnson?" The nurse spoke

He shook his head "What....what am I doing here, what happened to me?" He asked curious

The nurse smiled "There, there Mr. Johnson settle down. A gentle men brought you in. He found you laying face down in a pool. Your very lucky, if you would have stayed in that pool a minute longer there would have been no hope." She finished sadly

He looked puzzled at sad at the same time. The nurse caught this. "Is there something wrong Mr. Johnson?" She asked

He shook his head at her. "Why do you keep calling me Mr. Johnson?" He asked

She looked back at him confused. "Because that's your name. That's the Id we found near you. (She pauses) Do you remember anything that happened to you?" She asked

He shook his head sadly "No, I don't." He said looking scared.

End Flashback

"Mr. Johnson?" Sydney asked puzzled

Vaughn looked over at Sydney, and then Kednall.

"Yes, and I don't know why either. I had no memory of who I was, or what I did. I still don't even know where they found this supposed Id of the name Mr. Johnson." He said

Both Jack and Kendall looked intrigued.

"What happened next?" Kendall asked

"Well, I was diagnosed with amnesia. Two days later they released me from the hospital. They gave me a number of a specailist to help me remember." He said

"Did it help?" Sydney asked

"No. After two visits I got frustrated and stop going. The only thing they did was tell me that my name was Jeff Johnson, and that I was a lawyer born in Italy. The doctor even told me that?" He said

"So then what did you do?" Kendall asked wanting to know more.

He shook his head. "There was nothing I could do. They told me to go with the life I was living, and do the things I always did. Go to work they told me. Go to places that I go to. They said that it could help bring back memories of my life." He said

"Only it didn't." Sydney chimed in

He shook his head again. "No, because it wasn't my real life. I wasn't going to remember anything that I never did in the first place." He said

"So what did you do?" Jack added in this time

Vaughn let out a sigh. "I guess you could say my spy instincts kicked in. I started checking up on this Jeff Johnson guy. Me apparently. I found out where I lived, and my job, and even family." He said

"What did you find?" Sydney asked

"I found out that I owned my own firm. I found out that both my parents died when I was twenty from a car accident, and I found out that I was...." He started

"Was what?" Kendall asked

"Married." He finished

Sydney's grip slowly faded from his hand. Her heart sunk into her chest, and she didn't know if she could hold back the tears any longer. The thought of Vaughn being with another women killed her inside. She couldn't take it. He was hers, and nobody else's. Vaughn gripped her hand again, and squeezed it tight.

"I never met my suppose wife." He said

Sydney looked up, and Kendall and Jack looked confused.

"Apparently, my firm took a lot of time out of me. My colleagues always asked me if it was hard seeing my wife once a year. I would have nothing to say. I would look at the picture of her on my desk, and the picture of my parents too. Nothing was coming back to me. I went to the places that apparently I went to, but nothing was coming back to me." He said

"So when did you start to realize that maybe you had another life?" Kendall asked wanting to move this along.

He looked over at Sydney, and then Jack, and then back at Kendall.

"About a year into my life as Jeff Johnson, I still had no idea on who I was, or what I was doing. I just gave up on trying to understand. I started to come accustom of that life. Until one night. I was looking at the picture of my wife (Sydney cringed at that word when he said it. Vaughn could tell it bothered her. He made a note not to say it again.) and I was getting angry that I couldn't remember. I just gave up and went to bed." He started

" I woke up in the middle of the night sweating from a dream I had. A dream I had about a women." He said

"Your wife?" Kendall asked

He shook his head. "No, it was agent Bristow." He said

She tried to hide the smile that crept to her face, as Kendall and Jack looked curious.

Note: That's all for now guys. Don't be mad at me because I stopped there. Had to. Hope you like. :D

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

OMG! why'd u stop there?! I'm really intrigued now! this fic is great, and i can't wait for more ( pleaz make it soon ) Thanx for the PM!

Oh I love this story, it's getting even better than I thought it could! why did you stop there! :( I'm biting my nails you know!) Anyway, great chapter and great story!

I am hoping to get more up tonight, but if I don't look for more on Monday. No wait, I'll pm you. Anyway, thanks for the reviews! :D

Love ya,

Here's more guys! Enjoy :D

(CIA Debriefing Room)

"You had dreams?" Jack asked pissed

Vaughn looked at him. "I would say more of like visions." He responded

Kendall looked at him. "Well, what did agent Bristow say in these visions?" He asked

Vaughn looked at Sydney, and then back at Kendall. "At first nothing." He paused "She would just show up, and smile at me." Sydney smiled at his comment. Jack's eyes seem to narrow at him. "She would give me this sense that I knew her, and if I just found her that she would be the key to all my memories." He answered

It was silent for a moment, and then Kendall spoke up. "You said at first she said nothing." He paused "So apparently agent Bristow did talk to you in these visions?" He asked

"Yes." He said

"What did she say?" Jack asked

Vaughn shifted his eyes from Jack to Sydney. He squeezed her hand, and then looked at Kendall. "About a couple of months after she started showing up, she started saying things to me." He paused "She would say things to me that I remember saying to her." He said

Jack and Kendall looked curious. "And what would she say agent Vaughn?" Kendall asked

"The first thing she said was" He paused, and looked at Sydney. "I'm your ally." He said He looked back at Kendall. "A week later she said if you ever need anything you've got my number." He said

Sydney smiled as she remember Vaughn saying them to her. How she missed him saying those words. She missed everything about them.

"So your telling me, that you once told her those things, and she came to you in visions and repeated them back to you?" Kendall asked

"That's correct." He said

"What happened next?" Jack asked

He paused. "Well, she would just keep appearing." He paused "But about a year and half into my other life, agent Bristow showed up again. This time it was different." He said

Kendall looked curious "How was it different?" He asked

"Missions and things we did would start to appear into my head." He paused "Things we said on the missions would appear into my dream. That's when I realized this life as Jeff Johnson, wasn't really my life." He said

"So what did you do?" Sydney finally spoke up and asked

He looked at her. "I looked for you." He said "I looked everywhere, but I didn't have a name or anything." He paused "About a week into my search I still came up with nothing, and you just stop appearing in my dreams." He looked at Kendall "That's when I just thought maybe they were just dreams." He said

The room was once again silent. This time Vaughn spoke again.

"A month had gone by, and I hadn't had one vision of you, until one night." He paused "I had just reached being missing for two years, and then you appeared again. This time you gave me a clue." He said

She smiled when he looked at her. "I gave you a clue, what was it?" He asked

"It was the night of our mission. Only in pieces." Everybody looked at him confused "You and I were setting a bomb, then the next thing I heard was you saying boy scout." He said

"Your mission cover name." Jack interrupted

Vaughn nodded "Yes. I didn't understand why you were screaming that." He paused "But just before you left, you yelled the name Vaughn one last time." He said

"She said Vaughn in your dream?" Kendall asked

He nodded "Yes. I looked all over Italy for the name Vaughn. First name, last name, middle name. Nothing came up. I was left once again with no answers on who I was, or what was happening to me." He said

"I don't understand then, what was the clue?" Sydney asked

He smiled. "Besides saying Vaughn to me, you also said boy scout. I didn't understand what that meant. So I took it to work one day, and one of my friends saw me starring at it." He paused "He said that spies use code names like that." He said

"How would he know?" Jack asked

"He said that he once had a client that worked for the FBI, and how they used code names like boy scout, and ranger, and mountaineer. That's when all the things that Sy.. agent Bristow was saying to me made perfect sense." He said

"So what happened next?" He asked

"I slowly started to remember. I would out of no where just happen to know things. Say things that normal people wouldn't say." He paused "I started to remember numbers."

"Numbers?" Sydney asked

He nodded "Yea. They turned out to be my telephone number in LA, my cell phone number, and my CIA code number." He said

"So what did you do?" Jack asked

"I started to look into it. I started to look into the FBI, the CIA, and every form of government in United States. My search didn't get very far. You can't get any information on them. So my search came to a dead end." He said sadly once again.

"When was the next time you got a hint?" Sydney asked

"Two weeks before today. I was walking down the street with my friend from work. The same one that told me about the code names, when I noticed this old women. She was being attacked by a mugger. I wanted to help." Sydney smiled. He still always cared. "I ran up to the mugger, and we began to fight. In seconds he was on the floor." He paused "I was using techniques that I thought I never had. Moves that I have never seen before." He said

"So what happened?" Sydney asked

"My friend was just as shocked as I was. He asked me where I learned these moves, and I told him that I had no idea I even had them." He said

"So what did he say?" Sydney asked

"He told me that they were special moves that are taught to agents in the CIA, and FBI." He answered

"So then what did you do?" Jack asked

"By then I figured that I somehow was either linked to the CIA, or the FBI. But I still didn't have a name, or any clues." He said

"But what about Vaughn? Didn't I mention the name Vaughn in your dream?" Sydney asked

He nodded "Yes, and I tried that name. When I checked the name, it said Michael C. Vaughn. Dead." He said

Sydney looked down as the word struck her heart. Both Jack and Kendall put there heads down.

"Agent Vaughn.." Kendall started

Vaughn cut in. "I understand. You don't have to explain. I was missing for three years, and I could see how you think I was dead. I know it's procedure." He said

Kendall nodded. He cleared his throat. "So then what happened?" He asked

"I didn't know what to do. I knew things that I shouldn't probably know, and the name agent Bristow gave me in the dream turned out to be a dead CIA agent." He paused "That is until five days ago." He said

"What happened five days ago?" Sydney asked

He smiled "It's when my memory came back." He answered

"How?" Jack asked

"I was sitting in my apartment, and I was looking at files of this Michael Vaughn. Me. Before they didn't give me a picture of what he looked like. When I opened the file up, I saw a picture of me." He paused "I wasn't Jeff Johnson. As I read the file I also came across agent Bristows picture." He looked at Jack and then Kendall.

"What did you do?" Jack asked

"I was scared. I was supposedly a CIA agent, and I was classified as MIA, and presumed dead. I dropped my file from the shock, and when I went to get it I bumped my head on the coffee table, and was knocked out. Everything about my life came back to me in that instant. My childhood, my father, his death, joining the CIA, become a handler, meeting agent Bristow. Everything just flashed before my eyes." He said

Sydney smiled "You remember everything?" She asked

He looked back and smiled. "Everything." He said

"What did you do next?" Kendall said

"I couldn't call the CIA, I was presumed dead. So I jumped on a plane, and came to the one place I knew the best. LA." He said

He looked at Sydney, and gave her a look by what her really meant. He meant that he came to the one person he knew best. The one person he loved. Jack knew it too.

Kendall smiled "Were glad to have to back agent Vaughn. We missed you around here." He said

"That's for sure." Sydney added in, in a whisper.

"Thank you Sir. It's great to be back." He said

Sydney smiled, and he smiled in return. She squeezed his hand tighter.

"Well, if there is nothing more to be said, then you are free to go agent Vaughn. I don't need to run tests, I know your the real him." Kendall said

Vaughn nodded. "Actually, I just have one question." He said

"What is it?" Kendall asked

"It's been three years, and I just wanted to know if we succeeded in bringing down SD-6?" He asked

Sydney put her head down, and Kendall shook his head.

"I'm sorry agent Vaughn, but when you left we suffered a great loss. I'm afraid SD-6 is still up and running." He said

Vaughn immedialtely looked at Sydney. He squeezed her hand for support. She looked up.

"We are close though. It should only be another week before we bring them down." She said.

"That's right agent Bristow." Kendall added in. "If there's nothing else, then this meeting is over." He said

Vaughn and Sydney didn't say anything, so Kendall walked out of the room, and Jack followed. Vaughn looked over at Sydney, and smiled.

"Is there some place we can go talk?" He asked

She smiled "I know just the place." She said

Vaughn and Sydney left the CIA.

Note: I hope you guys liked it. Let me know what you think.

Love ya,

great job Lauren!!!! i wonder where they're going to "talk".... ; ) right. i really like this fic, and now i'm gonna go read your other one, and can't wait!!!!! keep up the AMAZING work, and thanx for the PM!

hey that was great!! thanx for the pms and you did an amazin job on those two chapters!! awesome job and more soon please!! VAUGHN"S BACK!!!!!

this was great! :D :D please PM me when you update again!
there's just one thing that I don't get (maybe I'm just being stupid or I'm not reading properly) was Michael set up to be this Johnson guy? how come nobody out of Jeff's life saw that michael wasn't Jeff? Did they look alike or was it all a set up?
please explain this to me!

maartje

Back