New Britney Music Video

sycofancy said:
I consider girls between the ages of 13-18, who dress like they are adults, to be prostitots.

Pros-ti-tots-from the english: prostitute; a woman or man who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse especially for money and the english: tot; a small child. Voila we have the word PROSTITOT!

I think parents are to blame for teen girls dressing like two bit strumpets. Perhaps if parents actually paid attention to what their kids were doing, we would not need to have a word like prostitots in our language.

OH yeah, and do you think you want to lightned up! It's only Britney freaking Spears for cripes sakes!
thanks for the definition but maybe you should read through what you wrote again you in fact spelt it wrong 4 times its prostitute, not prostitot. :thinking:

and hey i wasnt the one that blamed society's problems on britney spears!!
 
wat i was sayin b4... just cus someone dresses up as an adult don't mean that they are goin around havin sex for money!!! so i don't get where the prostitute part comes in???
 
aliascazUK said:
sycofancy said:
I consider girls between the ages of 13-18, who dress like they are adults, to be prostitots.

Pros-ti-tots-from the english: prostitute; a woman or man who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse especially for money and the english: tot; a small child. Voila we have the word PROSTITOT!

I think parents are to blame for teen girls dressing like two bit strumpets. Perhaps if parents actually paid attention to what their kids were doing, we would not need to have a word like prostitots in our language.

OH yeah, and do you think you want to lightned up! It's only Britney freaking Spears for cripes sakes!
thanks for the definition but maybe you should read through what you wrote again you in fact spelt it wrong 4 times its prostitute, not prostitot. :thinking:

and hey i wasnt the one that blamed society's problems on britney spears!!
If you read the post you would have noticed that "prostitute" and "prostitot" are two different words......she didn't spell it wrong ;)

I love 14 year old girls who wear low-rider pants and belly shirts with loads of make-up than argue that there is nothing stanky about it.

And pa-lease! Don’t say that she is doing no wrong because she is 21 because being 21 doesn’t give you the right to turn into a *h**e.

If so, than my mother forgot to have that talk with me ;)

~~Spongy!
 
dude!!! don't slang off britney!!! it's up o her how she wants to be!!! There are LOADS of othe celebrities (sp?) that dress and act WORSE than her!!!
and being 21 makes no difference cus u can't stick a label on everything, for example just cus ur 45 doesn't mean u can't go around wearin boob tubes *shudders* LMAO!!
it doesn't matter to the way she dresses it matters about wats inside!!
and i'm talkin a load of felgercarb cus i'm ill!!! *sneezes* i'd keep ur distance!!! blargh!!
 
aliascazUK said:
sycofancy said:
I consider girls between the ages of 13-18, who dress like they are adults, to be prostitots.

Pros-ti-tots-from the english: prostitute; a woman or man who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse especially for money and the english: tot; a small child. Voila we have the word PROSTITOT!

I think parents are to blame for teen girls dressing like two bit strumpets. Perhaps if parents actually paid attention to what their kids were doing, we would not need to have a word like prostitots in our language.

OH yeah, and do you think you want to lightned up! It's only Britney freaking Spears for cripes sakes!
thanks for the definition but maybe you should read through what you wrote again you in fact spelt it wrong 4 times its prostitute, not prostitot. :thinking:

and hey i wasnt the one that blamed society's problems on britney spears!!
I was trying to use the non-exsistant word "prostitot" as a combination of the word "prostitute" meaning street walking and "tot" meaning child.

I can not think of any way to make it clearer to you...in fact I though giving the etymology of my non-exsistant word would make it crystal clear. I guess I was mistaken.

I will try one more time.

Prostitute-street walker, someone who has sex for money, someone who looks whorish.

Prostitot-I word of my own creation used to describe children who dress like whorish adults.

I wasn't the one who blamed societies problems on Britney Spears either...I blamed children dressing like hookers on Britney Spears.
 

hotpot

The Bubbly
I blamed children dressing like hookers on Britney Spears.

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
And pa-lease! Don’t say that she is doing no wrong because she is 21 because being 21 doesn’t give you the right to turn into a *h**e.

If so, than my mother forgot to have that talk with me ;)

~~Spongy!
No, but being 21 actually she's 22 now does give her the right to dress how she pleases. Mostly only in her videos, performances or other more high profile appearances does she completely go out in the baring of her skin. Yes, she wears belly baring tops, low riding pants, lower cut shirts or tighter tops even when she is just 'hanging out'. If I had her abs or her body, I would do the same damn thing.

Her being an adult and able to dress the way she wants does not mean that she has to keep in mind how many younger girls are going to see her and copy her. Britney Spears isn't the one buying their clothes and make-up policing their appearance when they leave the house, that would be the parents.

To place blame on Britney Spears and any other skin-baring adult woman is irresponsible. I have talked with my fiance about how we are going to raise our kids and we agree we sure as hell are not allowing our daughters to dress like that. We realize that by doing so we aren't going to have to censor our children's exposure to things in the media, we ourselves are going to have to be responsible parents. We aren't going to buy them inappropriate outfits or make-up. I will tell them they are too young to dress like that. I plan on having an open honest relationship with my children like I have with all the other people in my life. If that brings about rebellion from them, so be it. I know that will be my own fault and not Britney Spears's.

Charles Barkley said it best celebrites aren't role models. Parents are.

Edited: To clarify what Britney wears in downtime.
 
obsessetion said:
wat i was sayin b4... just cus someone dresses up as an adult don't mean that they are goin around havin sex for money!!! so i don't get where the prostitute part comes in???
finally sumone agrees with me!!! ahhh i luv you tammi ^_^

-------

and serisouly its rude that yall say that bout her *shes a suh-lut...prostitute...skank* w/e u guys are callin her its rude....b/c yall are judgin her b/c of her appereance and i bet you havent said a single word to her so u have no clue if she is a suh-lut or not....didnt ur parents teach u anything bout that *dont judge b/c of wut they look like....judge for who they are*

and if she wants to dress like that and do the things she wants to do....let her b/c i dont see why it has to bother yall so much?? :thinking:
 
You're right, I have never said a single word to her about the way she dresses.
It is one of the first things I will bring up the next we have afternoon tea.
 
AliasBabe12 said:
obsessetion said:
wat i was sayin b4... just cus someone dresses up as an adult don't mean that they are goin around havin sex for money!!! so i don't get where the prostitute part comes in???
finally sumone agrees with me!!! ahhh i luv you tammi ^_^

-------

and serisouly its rude that yall say that bout her *shes a suh-lut...prostitute...skank* w/e u guys are callin her its rude....b/c yall are judgin her b/c of her appereance and i bet you havent said a single word to her so u have no clue if she is a suh-lut or not....didnt ur parents teach u anything bout that *dont judge b/c of wut they look like....judge for who they are*

and if she wants to dress like that and do the things she wants to do....let her b/c i dont see why it has to bother yall so much?? :thinking:
Before I make my statement, I'm not dissing you AliasBabe12, strickly Spears -_-
are judgin her b/c of her appereance and i bet you havent said a single word to her

Like sycofancy's sarcastic, yet hilarious comment stated.
I would say it to her face if I could ;)

have no clue if she is a suh-lut or not....didnt ur parents teach u anything bout that *dont judge b/c of wut they look like....judge for who they are*

My parents taught me that if you dress like a prostitute, you'll be treated like one.

This isn't pre-judging......this is fact.

If it walks like a duck, and acts like a duck...... ;)

and if she wants to dress like that and do the things she wants to do....let her b/c i dont see why it has to bother yall so much?? :thinking:

It does effect me, because I can't turn on a TV, read a magazine or go on the Internet without seeing "her" pop-up.

Were you anoyed by Beniffer? Well same annoyance with Brit for me.......even worse though.

~~Spongy!
 

hotpot

The Bubbly
If it walks like a duck, and acts like a duck......

I think some people need to see the distinction between entertainment (whether it is to you or not) and reality. Does she dress that outrageous in everyday life? I think not.

And what celebrity woman dresses that conservatively when she is the public, on the Red Carpet or doing anything else for that matter? Show me women Britney's age who wear turtlenecks and long shapeless skirts to high profile events or in her videos.
 
I think that is not Britney per se who is the culprit in influencing children, but rahter the people that own her (the record companies and managers and what not) that make her dress that way.

The fact of the matter is, she is marketed to teenaged girls, and those doing the marketing should show some responsiblity in the way they present their star. I know I know...no one ever takes responsibility ever and that is the bane of human exsistence etc etc...but I think it is pretty undeniable that Britney Spears has an influence on teen girls.

Of course parents actually caring what kind of image their children are projecting outside of their own homes would prevent children from dressing like a 23 year old woman.
 
AliasBabe12 said:
obsessetion said:
wat i was sayin b4... just cus someone dresses up as an adult don't mean that they are goin around havin sex for money!!! so i don't get where the prostitute part comes in???
finally sumone agrees with me!!! ahhh i luv you tammi ^_^

-------

and serisouly its rude that yall say that bout her *shes a suh-lut...prostitute...skank* w/e u guys are callin her its rude....b/c yall are judgin her b/c of her appereance and i bet you havent said a single word to her so u have no clue if she is a suh-lut or not....didnt ur parents teach u anything bout that *dont judge b/c of wut they look like....judge for who they are*

and if she wants to dress like that and do the things she wants to do....let her b/c i dont see why it has to bother yall so much?? :thinking:
luv u too babes!!
LOL!!
sorri my friends at achool have started gettin annoyed at me wen i say babes and hun!!
LOL!! sorri if u don't like it either! :angelic:
 
obsessetion said:
AliasBabe12 said:
obsessetion said:
wat i was sayin b4... just cus someone dresses up as an adult don't mean that they are goin around havin sex for money!!! so i don't get where the prostitute part comes in???
finally sumone agrees with me!!! ahhh i luv you tammi ^_^

-------

and serisouly its rude that yall say that bout her *shes a suh-lut...prostitute...skank* w/e u guys are callin her its rude....b/c yall are judgin her b/c of her appereance and i bet you havent said a single word to her so u have no clue if she is a suh-lut or not....didnt ur parents teach u anything bout that *dont judge b/c of wut they look like....judge for who they are*

and if she wants to dress like that and do the things she wants to do....let her b/c i dont see why it has to bother yall so much?? :thinking:
luv u too babes!!
LOL!!
sorri my friends at achool have started gettin annoyed at me wen i say babes and hun!!
LOL!! sorri if u don't like it either! :angelic:
no i luv callin people babes...hun...sweetie...all that good stuff :lol:
 

hotpot

The Bubbly
sycofancy said:
The fact of the matter is, she is marketed to teenaged girls, and those doing the marketing should show some responsiblity in the way they present their star. I know I know...no one ever takes responsibility ever and that is the bane of human exsistence etc etc...but I think it is pretty undeniable that Britney Spears has an influence on teen girls.

Of course parents actually caring what kind of image their children are projecting outside of their own homes would prevent children from dressing like a 23 year old woman.
Okay. I think I'm seeing that you and I see eye to eye on the parental responsibilty, right? That's good enough for me. ^_^

I guess I just have a hard time with the justification of her being a '*h**e' for the way she dresses and her performances. Okay, sex sells. Sad as that may be, even the Sheryl Crow's who talk about Britney Spear's of the world looking like prostitutes still strut around in leather pants and tank tops when they are performing as well. Britney is an adult. I guess my definition of a sl** is someone with very loose morals about sex(encompassing all that can be imagined). I don't see that Britney has that. Everything questionable that she has done has been for entertainment. Let's face it, Britney is not a singer who can pull up a stool and just sing on stage. Part of her sell, is her abilty to dance and perform (singing and dancing) *Side note: That's why I don't see the problem with her lip synching because she has to do insane choreography - how is she supposed to cohertantly sing and do all that? <<But that's besides that point.

Maybe Britney is between her target markets, she wants to dress like the woman that she is, but her marketers don't show concern for the little girls that idolize her yet she's not accepted by women her own age.. That could just be ramblings though. She is responsible to a point for what she wears in performances etc., but young girls I wish could see the difference between performer Britney and everyday Britney.
 
Top