Season 5 New Cast Member

Natalia said:
What I'm not happy about is the fact Alias is supposed to be Sydney's story, but it becoming more and more 'just another run of the mill spy show'. The special thing about Alias was its focus on the protagonist. You can't just slip your protagonist into the background.
[post="1450542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

you can if the protagonist isn't coming back for season 6 b/c she got knocked up and you still want to have a tv show. you gotta set it up somehow.

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/insidetrack/malkin/

This is crazy i just can't see how Alias could be the same without Jennifer Garner. If she leaves next season then i would rather watch repeats than shows without her. She is too perfect for her role in Alias. If she doesn't come back, i probably won't be as loyal to alias as i was but i will still give it a chance since there trying to keep it on air at least.

jovana said:
you can if the protagonist isn't coming back for season 6 b/c she got knocked up and you still want to have a tv show. you gotta set it up somehow.

Yeah, but who wants to see that? :blink:

jovana said:

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/insidetrack/malkin/
[post="1450554"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My point is, Alias is about Sydney. SHE is the woman in the prophecy. HER family is so deeply involved in every single storyline. HER sister is the one destined to fight HER to the death. The whole show up until now has been about SYDNEY.

It isn't possible for it to be Alias without Sydney. It simply is a different show borrowing the name.

I'm quite sure the network will attempt to continue the show without her simply because they care about is making money. But that would be the only reason.

Well, I'm sure the writers know that they will lose fans if the story stops being about Syd. I mean, I completely agree that she is and always will be the heart and soul of this show, the family dynamic, her relationship with her dad and mom, you can't just take that away. I have faith in the writers and J.J. because I'm sure he knows his fan base... I mean, if you don't please the fans then the show won't be that sucessful. I just hope that they can somehow make it work. All of it.

Networks have a mind of their own. Personally, losing Syd would MAJORLY hurt the show in every way possible. Less fans, less ratings. Less ratings, less money which means less incentive for the show to be kept on air. (Or something like that) So if Syd did leave in Season 6, then the show wouldn't last that much longer. What I'm trying to say is knocking Syd off would kill the show and lose the fans, which means lower ratings. The networks surely know this, and they want more ratings. So it would be in everyones worst interest to knock SYd off. Or something like that.

I agree here ... the show is about Sydney ... so if JG decides to leave after this season, then the show should be done with ...

Story wise, if Sydney leaves, with her baby ... wats to keep Vaughn there, I am sure he would be leaving too with Syd and baby ... so its gonna be difficult to keep a series alive without it primary couple ...

i read this on spoilerfix -

"After confirmation by the Alias rep at ABC, we removed some of the spoilers from Kristin's chats we posted below. According to ABC, the statements by Breen Frazier in the Post-Gazette are to be considered accurate."

I don't know what spoiler info was removed and what Frazier said. Anyone know what this is in reference to?

I think I have to agree with you. I'm not so sure I want to see anyone else in Syd's place. Does anyone know when the new episode starts? I know it's moved to Thursday but when will it start?

Back