New exclusive Stratics screenshots

Screen1
This first one shows a weapon sheathed on the back! No scabbard graphics, it's like WoW or DAoC, but I'm just happy that sheathing is in. I don't like having my char hold his weapon all the time. Also shows the GUI.

Screen2
Forest shot with a creature called a Lerk.

Screen3
Dungeon

I hope they have quivers show when they are being worn too. That would be nice and indicative of those who possess the skill to use it...

Looking good, love the UI.
I would love to see quivers on back and scabbards for swords etc... Sad if there's not as it takes away from the immersion and RP somewhat imo.

But I'll take whatever I can get at this point haha.

Originally posted by Arremus@May 9 2006, 06:04 AM
Looking good, love the UI.
Hmm, UI actually has me a little worried. Then again I don't know how customizable things are. I don't like the hotbar being so large. Maybe it's on low Res? I just hope there is a way to resize them to the buttons at the top and get rid of the frames/borders. It's very very GuildWars-looking to me.

I'd really like to see buttons I can move around like this:
CLICK HERE

Or hotbars you can resize and move around like this:
CLICK HERE

I do like the fact there is little screen clutter, though I notice they don't have any chat window open. And it is REALLY encouraging any time you see the word ROLEPLAY on a UI hehe.

Hehe I'm a real structuraliser (new word for the day) when it comes to UIs.
I love everything to be neatly set up and efficient - efficient to how I like things anyways.
But I think we're in agreeance; a UI really needs to have options and customisation available. Don't need something? Hide it. Want to resize or move something? Do it.

Anyways, these are my UI setups for EQ2 and WoW, seeing as we're posting pics 'n all.
As can be seen in this comparison pic.

I think a UI setup says a lot about a person's personality actually. Just like what class/class combos/races people choose to play.

Hmm.. good topic for a PhD!

I think it's also the fact the the hotbar uses circles instead of squares. Lol maybe it's just me, but it's hard to match up the side evenly with circles hehe. Imagine how that UI would look with circle buttons that large + a couple extra bars open. Thank god I have a HUGE monitor :smiley:

An interface needs to have customization I agree. However, the mods like WoW were out of control, and should have been limited. I do belive however that customization should be key when it comes to a UI. As for now, HJ has an ugly UI.

Personally I am not a fan of the UI either, maybe i will grow on me if i try it out or something. But theres seems to be alot of screen space wasted.
I have a widescreen monitor and I would rather fill up the edges with something useful rather than wasting it on boring foliage.

Someone has to find out what that big number is at the top in the middle at E3.
last one I saw had like 1530 and this one has 106.

My guess was hero points but nothing was ever confirmed or denied.

Back