New here

Hi Everyone,
My name is Peter Stevens i've just joined the site and love sci-fi. I'm just starting out as an author and have 2 books in a Shapeshifter series and am currently writing a third in the set, i may even go into a fourth, fith or sixth book as the story is just beginning.
I've also written a follow on book to AVP-Requiem and am calling it AVP-Retribution but at the moment am having trouble getting permission to publish from 20th Century Fox and no agent will touch it but i'll continue to fight to get it into the shops.
Enough about me for now I hope to chat to some of you in the forums.
Peter.

Nice to meet you Peter,

Congradulations on the release of your first two books in your SHAPESHIFTER series, and I hope you can get your AVP novel on the shelf for the public.

This is a pleasent site to visit, I hope you have fun exploring and posting here, I do.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Peter Stevens i've just joined the site and love sci-fi. I'm just starting out as an author and have 2 books in a Shapeshifter series and am currently writing a third in the set, i may even go into a fourth, fith or sixth book as the story is just beginning.
I've also written a follow on book to AVP-Requiem and am calling it AVP-Retribution but at the moment am having trouble getting permission to publish from 20th Century Fox and no agent will touch it but i'll continue to fight to get it into the shops.
Enough about me for now I hope to chat to some of you in the forums.
Peter.

(y)
Welcome to the forums!

Peter, welcome!

You've got my attention piqued about the AVP work. Are you getting rebuffed because you created the work independently or because the material may be in conflict with other planned AVP works?

Hi Kevin,
Fox won't accept scripts or manuscripts from people other than Writers guild of USA members which i can't join because i do not have an American social security number! Fox has also said it doesn't plan another AVP story yet as it is concentrating on the new 'Predators' film and the prequel to 'Alien' so its just a case of trying to get a publisher or agent interested, but as i don't have permission from Fox they won't touch it!! A bit of a catch 22 situation really but i do have 3 sample chapters and have had a lot of positive feedback about the story and a lot of people are interested in seeing it released.
I do have one avenue i'm about to try but will not find out about that until June/July this year. I will be posting here if i hear of anything about a future release of the novel though.
Peter

Back