Season 5 New Male Agent

JustSayVaughn said:
Well that really stinks  :angry:  IMHO  I don't want Vaughn to go  :lame:
[post="1456733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hold up there.. he's not going. there is no official evidence to indicate that he is going anywhere -_-
note he is still listed as a cast member where as greg grunberg is not

sexcivaughn14 said:
Why does everyone think this new guy is Syd's LI? Hulloo...fiancee?
[post="1456875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have no idea. That doesn't make very much sense. Unless he is there to create some sort of tension between her and Vaughn... :angelic: hey a girl can dream, can't she? Anyway, no offense, but the new guy doesn't even give Vartan a run for his money. Ummm no contest. ;)

I think Balthazar Getty is hot!!!! (y) As long as this new guy isn't a love interest for Sydney, I'm happy to see him added to the cast. I like Michael Vartan, but Vaughn has bored me the last few season so I don't mind seeing the character leave. Hopefully this means Michael will be seen more on the big screen.

I think he is hot too ... :love:

and he is a great addition to the show, together with the other 2 additions ... can't wait to see what JJ has in store now :woot:

as for Mr Getty, he is definitely coming to give some spice to the "dull relationship" that Alias has ... with Syd and Vaughn ... Vaughn has been boring and maybe this will put him up to speed ... ;)

SO did not know he was in Center of the World with Peter till today! :happydance: Even awesomer! :woot:

spydancer said:
I have no idea.  That doesn't make very much sense.  Unless he is there to create some sort of tension between her and Vaughn...  :angelic:  hey a girl can dream, can't she?  Anyway, no offense, but the new guy doesn't even give Vartan a run for his money.  Ummm no contest.  ;)
[post="1456927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

he's different...Vartan is that obviously gorgeous guy, but this guy is just...him. we're not used to him, but i still say vaughn all the way.

I'm not too concerned that the new agent will 'replace' Vaughn. Let's face it....Syd is going to be pregnant for a good part of the season and it would be a little difficult to introduce a new romantic prospect for her. AFter 4 years of Syd and Vaughn getting together, TPTB would have to be completely nuts to dissolve that relationship.

Just my opinion but I just don't think the new guy is attractive...at all.

nygal300 said:
I'm not too concerned that the new agent will 'replace' Vaughn. Let's face it....Syd is going to be pregnant for a good part of the season and it would be a little difficult to introduce a new romantic prospect for her. AFter 4 years of Syd and Vaughn getting together, TPTB would have to be completely nuts to dissolve that relationship.

Just my opinion but I just don't think the new guy is attractive...at all.
[post="1457717"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nope. :thinking:

Darn I kinda wished the two new agents were younger... Because it's kinda funner when they are younger, more innocent looking and therefore the missions are more intense. Alias is not as suspenseful as it used to be (exception for the finale, can you say heart attack!) because we know Sydney will never die and whatever bad guy comes along she'll kick his ass. I just hope the writers do good actions scenees with the two new agents and after Syd aint preggers she'll get in on the action.

:rolleyes: I hope that this character being more "fun" is to replace GG not MV because MV is soooo much hotter in my books.

Check out Ask Ausiellio at TV Guide.com (I tried to post that quote in another thread but I'm not sure if it worked).

Basically, someone asked Ausiello if Vartan would be back next season. Ausiello said he would be but he couldn't say how many episodes he would be in. It gave me the impression that he wouldn't be a regular cast member.

perilousgirl - - You posted something earlier in the thread that Vaughn/Vartan would be in a better place and that while the character may be departing, he may not be gone for good. (I'm just paraphrasing this). Are you able to tell us if Vartan is being considered a regular cast member next season?
In reading the script pages and all the posts about Vartan leavign the show, it seems that Vaughn is going to be MIA for most of the season. Can you say anything about that?

Whatever happened to the rumor that Scott Speedman was going to be a new Alias castmember??

Plus-Balthazar Getty was in Into the West, costarring Keri Russell from Felicity--maybe that's where JJ got him from!

Alias_Gay said:
I think he is hot too ... :love:

and he is a great addition to the show, together with the other 2 additions ... can't wait to see what JJ has in store now :woot:

as for Mr Getty, he is definitely coming to give some spice to the "dull relationship" that Alias has ... with Syd and Vaughn ... Vaughn has been boring and maybe this will put him up to speed ...  ;)
[post="1457136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

EXACTLY!!! I love how positive you think!! :D

1#ALIAS#1 said:
Darn I kinda wished the two new agents were younger... Because it's kinda funner when they are younger, more innocent looking and therefore the missions are more intense.
[post="1457987"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think the new girl looks pretty young! But I agree, Balthy looks old. Maybe the make-up crew will be... eh who am I kidding. :rolleyes: But is Balthy suppose to be a rookie agent? Or someone experienced but new...

Scott Speedman was suppose to on Alias? I just started watching Felicity, and I love him! 🤤 :blush: He's young enough to be the rookie agent. He was in college. :jump: Actually, Felicity was on a long time ago, he might have aged by now. :thinking:

ETA: I noticed how people think Balthazar would replace Vartan, (who could miss it? :lol: ) but then if you use that assumption then you could also say Nichols is replacing Garner! I know everyone probably assumed that, but I don't see anyone complaining. :hmm:

sd6452 said:
But is Balthy suppose to be a rookie agent?  Or someone experienced but new...
[post="1460182"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think you mean old but inexperienced. ^_^ The question is: Is he supposed to be older/experienced @ the CIA but new to APO; young and also experienced, but new to APO; or both young *and* completely new to both the CIA and APO? :blink: lol Mouthful, I know. My guess would be the second option.

On your ETA point -- I couldn't agree more. It seems silly to conclude that a cast addition is specifically meant to take the place of a main character (people assume he is going to be a male romantic lead). ^_^ If that were true, Vaughn would have been out with the appearance of Sark in S1. Or the appearance of Simon in S3. :smiley:

Back