New member who loves science fiction; books and film…

Hi everyone,

I should have posted this thread a while back but as the saying goes better late than never. I love science fiction and I think this is the best forum available. Books and movies are parts of my life and even though I can read or watch pretty much anything, science fiction is my favorite. My first introduction to science fiction was when I was very young and the Swedish Television started to air SPACE: 1999 – Moon Base Alpha. Shortly thereafter I found a Starlog Magazine and the rest is history.

The last science fiction book I read in 2014 was Der Schwarm by Frank Schätzing (The Swarm) it’s a great story and even though it’s definitely not a traditional science fiction it’s outstanding. I might post a review about this master piece in the near future.

I was born in Sweden and that’s where I reside to this day. I live in a small village in south Sweden and I received my education at an American Business University. When I don’t have my head “stuck” in a book or in front of my television; reading and watching as much science fiction as I can, I work as a lumberjack with nature conservation.

I recently published an original science fiction novel titled NASTRAGULL: Pirates, the first book in a projected series that combines the non-stop high-tech adventure of Star Wars with the awe-inspiring, complex cultural backdrop of Dune--with quite a bit of Quentin Tarantino thrown in for good measure. This action-packed novel includes elements of military SF, traditional space opera, dystopian SF, and the sociological explorations of writers such as Ray Bradbury and Ursula K. LeGuin. At heart, though, it's a love story--the tale of two literally star-crossed lovers, and their Herculean efforts to move Heaven and Earth (sometimes literally) to find each other again and again as circumstances rip them apart.

This is a story that I've kept coming back to since I was very young. Back then, a friend and I decided to create a cartoon. He was a great artist and could draw anything—and I was a bit crazy with my creative imagination. We decided I would come up with the story and he would handle the drawings. Boy, what a team we were! We produced a couple of pages, and then we got bored and went outside to play.

Through the years, I made notes on the topic...many notes. Several times I attempted to write a book based on those notes, but didn't have the patience to complete it; after a few pages, I simply stopped. Years went by, and from time to time, whenever I faced difficulties in my life, I made more notes. Eventually I wrote the outline for the saga and turned it into several screenplays: Dawn Sets In Hell, Twenty-First, Nastragull, etc.

The turning point in my life, the one that made me an author, was when my younger sister Sofia was diagnosed with Lupus SLE—and died shortly thereafter at the young age of 24 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Sofia's death came as an incredible shock. It hit my family and me very hard, and made me revaluate my life. During my grief I started to write, and I wrote and wrote, and I held back nothing. Finally I had found my author's voice, and the result is the saga called NASTRAGULL.

Thank you for your time and I hope I will make new friends here at COOLSCIFI!

17164984.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-NASTRAGULL-Book-Martin-Willén-ebook/dp/B009R2RTJM

Nastragull%2B5%2Bstars%2Brf%2B04.jpg.png.jpg

I see it's available for the Kindle.
Also book Two
Sci-Fi-NASTRAGULL%2B03%2BHunted.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-NASTRA...3-4450215?ie=UTF8&refRID=17A5W7KC30WDY3VZ6ZZD

Thanx Erik!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your post, it looks great. FYI this week startin on the 21st - 23 (Wednesday - Friday) my first book will be available for free. If you read it let me know what you Think?

What type of science fiction do you like?

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the welcome. No I haven't seen his work "Silent Running." What's the film about? (Haven't had the time checking him out on the IMDb)
It is an old movie, from the 1970's, so it understandable that some genre fans have not seen it. In short, the movie deals with a future Earth where the last remaining natural eco-systems are maintained in giant ships with a mix of humans & robots as caretakers. For anybody interested in both sci-fi and conversation it is an interesting movie to check out.

Hi everyone,

My third book in the NASTRAGULL series has been released and if you like science fiction and fantasy with a new twist away from a genre of repeats then I definitely recommend my story.
Thank you for your time.

Erik Martin Willén

Nastragull 5 stars rf 03.jpg.png

NASTRAGULL SWE Review 04.png

Book 1
nastragull_pirates_emwillen_cover_wrap.jpg
An epic space adventure that holds danger at every turn... The human cadets on the interstellar transport, Bright Star, are heading home after eight long years of military training...but things don't go according to plan. After a bloody battle with a group of space pirates, the Bright Star and its survivors are taken prisoner with the intent of selling them into slavery...or worse. Cadet Alec Horn, along with the captain of the Bright Star escape, taking an emperor's ransom in loot with them. Together they set out on a dangerous adventure to rescue their friends and comrades. But can they succeed without bringing forth a war that will bring death and destruction across the universe?

51Web3KBFgL._SL153_.jpg
NASTRAGULL: Pirates
Price: $4.49 (Kindle)
Purchase at amazon.png
Purchase at bn.png

Book 2
Hunted part 2 The Nastragull Series.jpg
The space adventure for a new generation continues... After escaping from pirates with an emperor's ransom in loot, young Alec Horn takes refuge in a roving collective of space stations and massive starships called New Frontier. A freewheeling, neutral territory, New Frontier is the ideal place for Alec to regroup and outfit an expedition to rescue his captured colleagues. Alec, the son of the noble house of Hornet, military leaders of the Nastasturus Federation, has managed to rescue Alexa, the pirate girl he's fallen for, from the clutches of the notorious Zoris af Sun—an artist of questionable cannibalistic tastes. But Alec has also made immensely powerful enemies. Enemies who will spare no expense to destroy him and recover what they consider rightfully theirs…leaving few survivors and forever altering Alec's Destiny.

51tWCHfyMqL._SL153_.jpg
NASTRAGULL: Hunted
stars.png

Price: $4.49 (Kindle)
Purchase at amazon.png
Purchase at bn.png

Book 3
NASTRAGULL cover book 3.jpg
Hell really is other people…
Alec von Hornet has somehow endured the agony of being half-eaten and installed as a living-objet d’art in a depraved woman’s estate. Barely sane, he’s rescued and healed in a painful procedure that leaves him whole, but oddly vulnerable.
Recovered and rehabilitated by the same warrior monks who rescued Alec, his beloved Alexa is determined to win him back. As their paths converge, they find the way blocked by family, traitors, pirates, and a deranged general with an inexplicable connection to Alec.
But the lovers are determined to reunite, come what may—even if it means destroying half the Universe in the process.
51TBtwOAzdL._SL153_.jpg
NASTRAGULL: Dawn Sets In Hell
Average Rating:
stars.png

Price:
Purchase at amazon.png
Link for paperback:NastraGull: Dawn Sets in Hell (Volume 3): Willen, Erik Martin, Creative, Blue Harvest: 9781519170675: Amazon.com: Books

Hi everyone,

Time again for Another book in my new scifi series. It's my fourth book in the Nastragull saga and I hope some of you will like it.

The war that will change everything is about to begin…

When a failed rescue attempt kills three of the Vixens, it sends Alec von Hornet and his friends on a vengeful rampage. With the Third Universal War lurching into motion, he builds an independent fleet in a hidden star system, staffing it with trusted friends and coverts— including members of the Grisamm Order, the elite Samari soldiers who have pledged their allegiance to him personally, and the surviving Vixens.

But the rest of the Nastasturus fleet takes too long to build, forcing Alec to take measures into his own hands. And when Alec learns there is at least one survivor of the explosion that killed the vixens, will he be able to resist the temptation of another rescue?

Section Twenty-One (Nastragull Book 4)
5122EfJhSIL._SL153_.jpg
Price: $4.49
Purchase at amazon.png
Purchase at bn.png

I am also a great lover of books. Whenever I get free time don't hesitate to sit on the chair with a book. For me I usually like to read detective books.

I am also a great lover of books. Whenever I get free time don't hesitate to sit on the chair with a book. For me I usually like to read detective books.

Hi Michealbevan,

The last book(s) I read in the detective category is the Millennium series by Stieg Larsson – He was perhaps one of the best authors in modern time (May he RIP). His author voice was phenomenal. Perhaps you have read his books and if you haven’t I do recommend them…however, there is a fourth book out and it’s a follow up on the first three books in the series and I do not recommend that book. Unfortunately the series died with the author. There have been movies made (in Swedish and English version) and they are alright.

Blurb for NASTRAGULL: Book 5 - The Beast

(& below Read an excerpt from all my books:smiley:

Bild1.jpg

As Alexa and her friends struggle to escape from a moon-sized habitat in the lawless Gala system, the universe's major powers are gearing up for total war. Marengo, the largest and richest inhabited planet in the universe, is under blockade. Tens of millions have already died in border skirmishes between Florencia, Nastasturus, and the organized pirate clans. Then there's Alec von Hornet's independent Section 21, anchored by the militant Grisamm Order and disenchanted elements from all the other powers.

After surviving the most horrendous torture ever devised, Alec was forced to accept Alexa's tragic death. Those experiences, combined with the universe's voice in his head, have him teetering on the edge of madness. Now Alexa has been reported alive. Torn between duty and love, Alec begins his transformation into the dark, malevolent entity that posterity will someday call… The Beast.

Here are parts of some reviews:

Erik Martin Willén has created a sci-fi masterpiece that rivals some of Robert Heinlein’s best work. Lots of fast paced action, violence, and suspense with many plots and twists. He taunts us with explicitly descriptive sex scenes and graphic sadistic violence that although you want to look away… you can’t! This book has everything from breath-taking gasps, to occasional quick-witted one liners that will have you chuckling out loud. Nastragull Pirates is must read for all Sci-Fi fans.

Stephen Fisher – Amazon

“The way the book is written feels like watching the movie while reading it. Mr Willéns fantastic imagination of the main characters of Alec and Alexa, spaceships, weapons, aliens races and battle hardware is simply amazing!”

The Baron – Amazon

“Wow, rarely does something so fascinating yet truly disturbing come along. Finally, something new in a genre of repeats.”

Reb - Amazon

“I recommend this book to those who like space opera with a touch of mystery, but not for the faint-hearted. However, it was fun dipping my toe in darker waters. A great novel, Mr Erik Martin Willen.”

The_Equalizer7 - Amazon

Action lovers, SciFi enthusiasts, mythology mages this is for you! And even for general fiction readers. This is good literature pretending to only be entertainment. (Good literature can be a chore to like. Nastragull is the cure for your boredom.) Don't let this masterful work pass you by. Willen has done this right!

Barbara A. Sullivan, Author

Read an excerpt from all my books:

Pirates by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #1)

1.jpg

Pirates by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #1)

Hunted by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #2)
2.jpg

Hunted by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #2)

Dawn Sets in Hell by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #3)
3.jpg

Dawn Sets in Hell by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #3)

Section Twenty-one by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #4)
4.jpg

Section Twenty-one by Erik Martin Willén (Nastragull #4)

The Lumberjack by Erik Martin Willén (Horror/Thriller)
712Ev2SwEkL.jpg

The Lumberjack by Erik Martin Willén

Link to author page: Erik Martin Willén | BHC Press
Thank you for your time.
EMW

Back