Drama The Passion of the Christ (2004)

ISpy10

Cadet
Title: The Passion of the Christ

Tagline: By his wounds, we were healed.

Genre: Drama

Director: Mel Gibson

Cast: Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern, Christo Jivkov, Francesco De Vito, Monica Bellucci, Mattia Sbragia, Toni Bertorelli, Luca Lionello, Hristo Shopov, Claudia Gerini, Fabio Sartor, Giacinto Ferro, Aleksander Mincer, Sheila Mokhtari, Lucio Allocca, Paco Reconti, Adel Bakri, Luciano Dragone, Adel Ben Ayed, Franco Costanzo, Lino Salemme, Emanuele Gullotto, Francesco De Rosa, Maurizio Di Carmine, Francesco Gabriele, Angelo Di Loreta, Federico Pacifici, Roberto Santi, Giovanni Vettorazzo, Ted Rusoff, Tom Shaker, Andrea Coppola, Romuald Klos, Giuseppe Lo Console, Dario D'Ambrosi, Luciano Federico, Domenico Capalbo, Valerio Esposito, Antonello Iacovone, Nicola Tagarelli, Ivan Gaudiano, Chokri Ben Zagden, Roberto Bestazzoni, Luca De Dominicis, Pietro Sarubbi, Abel Jafri, Lello Giulivo, Emilio De Marchi, Roberto Visconti, Sergio Rubini, Francesco Cabras, Andrea Refuto, Giovanni Capalbo, Matt Patresi, Sabrina Impacciatore, Daniela Poti, Jarreth J. Merz, Noemi Marotta, Rossella Longo, Davide Marotta, Rosalinda Celentano, Danilo Di Ruzza, Vincenzo Monti, Danilo Maria Valli, Nuot Arquint, Abraam Fontana, Valerio Isidori, Paulo dos Santos, Arianna Vitolo, Gabriella Barbuti, Ornella Giusto, Michelle Bonev, Lucia Stara, Evelina Meghnagi, Francis Dokyi

Release: 2004-02-25

Runtime: 127

Plot: A graphic portrayal of the last twelve hours of Jesus of Nazareth's life.
The Passion of the Christ (2004)

The film is going to be incredible, it will be very bloody though because of the Crucifixion. There is an article about film that was written by Cal Thomas. I don't have the link for the film yet, because it just came out today but I'll give some quotes from what he said.

"I can say 'The Passion' is the most beautiful, profound, accurate, disturbing, realistic and bloddy depiction of the this well-known story that has ever been filmed."

"It is faithful to the New Testament account"

"A Christain friend whispered to me during the scene in which the mob demands that the Roman governor Pontius Pilate, order Jesus (who, after all, was Jewish) to be crucified: "What disturbs me is that I might have been part of that crowd."

"The crucifixion scene is long, bloody and painful to watch. Several audience members wept."

I showed my mom the trailer and she said it would be a very emotional movie and would be very hard for people to watch.

The Passion Trailer

The film is rated 'R' for sequences of graphic violence.

3 Reviews were posted at a site and all were overly pleased with the film.
Billy Graham's Review
Don Hodel, President of Focus on the Family
Archbishop John Foley

You shouldn't base your opinion of the movie on newspaper reviewers because they have no clue how it happened because they probably never read the Bible. And, I think that good reviews from religious leaders should be even more a push to see it, because they don't give good reviews to other graphic movies because the violence has no meaning and isn't true.

The Trailer is Here

that's a large assumtion to make, that newspaper reviewers don't read the Bible. besides, i read in Time that Mel Gibson digressed from the way Jesus' crucifixion was portrayed in the Gospels.

i want to watch it becuase its how it was done in the time of jesus. its the real deal compared to other movies about jesus. to bad i cant watch it at the movies becuase its R rated.

I'll most likley watch this, i realy hope they do not deplict him the wrong way. I hate when movies twist the truth. hope its not all for the money, but actually sends a message.

xdancer - that was an assumption, but i doubt the majority do

sydney's kidney - the first time i watched the trailer, i got major goose bumps!
bring a box of tissue's to the movie!

UGH! I cant believe it!

This is from movies.com

'So the pope didn't really like this flick; his aide has denied earlier reports that the pontiff praised the movie as an accurate rendition of the biblical story. Apparently, the old guy prefers to stay neutral on matters of art. On another note, Passion will open in more than 2,000 theaters.'

well, with as much controversy as the catholic church has seen lately, and the controversy that this movie is stirring up, can you really blame the pope for staying neutral?

when does it come out? i'm interested to see how mary Magdalene is portrayed. i'm just a little obsessed :P

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database