New Recruit

Hi everyone,
This is my first fan fic. I'm not sure if it's good enough to carry on but I thought I might as well post it. Anyway this takes place about the beginging of the season 2. Everyone thinks Emily is dead even Sloane, and if he knows that she isn't dead he's not letting on. PHEW!
j.j abrams owns the charachters etc...
please r/r here ya go...

New Recruit

Chapter 1
Sydney got the Joeys Pizza call about 4:00 and was out of the house by 4:10. She rushed to their warehouse looking forward to seeing Vaughn.
“Hey, Syd, you look happy what’s up?”
“Oh, nothing much. So, why have you called me here. Not that I mind or anything.”
She stopped there not wanting to embarrass herself further, but he didn't seem to notice.

“Well, as it happens there should be something coming up that would make your life easier.”
“You mean my dad getting a personality transplant?”
Vaughn smiled for a fleeting second, then went into deadly serious-work mode.
“Only a few hours before Emily Sloane died she changed her will. Instead of leaving her possessions to Arvin Sloane she left them all to her only living relative. A niece living in England.”
“What’s this got to do with me?

“We think Sloane might try to recruit her into SD-6 when she comes to LA collect the things. Her IQ is exceptional, and she has already been approached by the British Secret Service.”
“Did she accept?” Sydney asked, getting more interested by the minute.
“Not that we know of. But she could be tempted by the offer of a career with the CIA.”
Vaughn said the last part of that sentence with contempt, almost disgust. He paused for a moment.

“If Sloane does recruit her, make friends with her, we will assess her behaviour to see how to continue.
“Are you sure it’s worth involving someone in a life like this? I mean being a double agent?”
“Syd if we don’t get to her, Sloane will. The CIA isn’t going to let a double agent slip through the net like that.”

A look of resignation set itself on Sydney's face as she realised that they had to do this. This feeling was confirmed when she asked her next question.
“Ok what do I have to do?”
Vaughn quickly shifted from persuasive mode to mission mode.
“We need Sloane to give us some information when his niece is arriving in LA. If you ask him how he’s coping after Emily’s death, that should do the trick.”

“Urgh talking to that creep might actually mean looking at his wrinkled old dog face.”
Vaughn smiled inwardly at that metaphor before he carried on.
“Ok here’s what we know about her. Her name is Chloe Sanderson. She’s 5”6 , shoulder-length blond hair, blue eyes and she’s 25.” He handed Sydney a picture.
She looked it over. “Ok I’ll get right on it.”

By-the-way, you are doing a really great job so far for a first fic!! :D :D
“You mean my dad getting a personality transplant?” LOL...this was my favorite line!! :lol: :D
-Karie-

Mrs. Karie Vartan said:
By-the-way, you are doing a really great job so far for a first fic!! :D :D
“You mean my dad getting a personality transplant?” LOL...this was my favorite line!! :lol: :D
-Karie-
LMAO! Yes, that was a funny one... LOL

YAY! You posted it. :waits impatiently for the next update, but won't be here for it: :sigh:

I already told you how cool I think this is, but I'll say it again: This sounds like its going to be VERY interesting!

LMAO Luve ya,
Dani

And a lot of people find stories to go to by clicking on peoples sigs. You might want to add an html link to your sig so you get more reviews. :Hint hint:

Chapter 2
Sydney’s 2 inch heels clicked down SD-6 headquarters towards Sloane’s office. She tapped on his door. Quietly, only just load enough for him to hear. Like so many times before he was thinking, just sitting at his desk thinking. Sydney hating herself what she had to do next.
“Sir I was wondering if I could have a private word with you.”
She could see he wasn’t going to let her in so she dropped the big one
“A word about Emily”
As she said this she Sydney saw his face soften.
“Of course Sydney you know my door is always open to you.”
Sydney sat down at the chair opposite his desk silently wondering how good her acting skills were. She hesitated for dramatic effect and before she could say anything he spoke up first.
“What’s the matter?”
Sydney finally spoke with a convincing tremble to her voice.
“It’s just sometimes I feel so alone. I sometimes think that whoever I get close to, well they get hurt... I mean there was Danny, my mom an-an-and now Emily.”
“Sydney, Emily’s death was no-one’s fault, least of all yours. You were a good friend to her. Made it easier for her, for everyone.” He stopped suddenly surprised at what he just said.
“Have you spoken with Emily’s family?”
“Actually Sydney there is something I would like to talk to you about. Emily has a niece. She is coming over to LA next week. I would appreciate it if you could talk to her. She seemed to take Emily’s death very badly. I hear she might stay here permently. Having no children of my own I wouldn’t know what to say to her. I’ve never even met her. Emily would visit her family every year though. Please Sydney. Would you talk to her... or Emily?”
The last bit of the speech was almost more like an instruction rather then a sentence but Sydney agreed, for the missions sake and because Emily was a friend.
“Of course, of course I’ll speak to Chloe.”
A look an intense alarm filled Sloane's face.
“Sydney,”
“Yes?”
I never told you my niece's name. What’s going on?
Sydney’s mind filled with panic as she tries=d to work out hat she would do next.

omg............thats really good. i liked the "personality transplant". good sense of humor. i also liked the "i havent told you her name". thats really cool. read my fan fic. its Hidden Secrets. keep writing!

Hi everyone sorry for such the long wait my computer hates me.
I think this is my worst hcapter so far I'm realy bad at s/v dialogue!

Chapter 3
Sydney’s mind was screaming inside angry that it had let it slip but trying not to let her face show it. She decided to start talking so as not to arouse more suspicion than she already had.
“No... you didn’t... say her name but...Emily once mentioned her. I didn’t want to say anything in case I upset you.”
“Thank you Sydney I appreciate your concern.”
And with that she smiled and left his office where she was able to take her first breath since her mistake.
“Why did I do that?

undefined

“It was a bit weird. He wasn’t giving anything away. I had to prod o get more than the usual c**p out of him I seemed totally out of character.” Sydney said trying to convince Vaughn that something was up.
“Maybe he just didn’t want to talk about his wife.” He said trying to reason with her.
“Maybe, but I think he knows something. But then I think how can that be? How is he always one step ahead of me? Of us.” Sydney said that so strongly Vaughn was taken aback. Months of frustration over SD-6 and Sloane in particular spilled over. Even Sydney seemed surprised by that outburst.
“Sorry Vaughn. It’s just he always seems to win.”
Syd that’s not true, you need to focus on the small victories and the big victories will come.”
“I know.” Sydney sighed after she said that suddenly every molecule in her seemed tired, tired of SD-6, tired of the CIA and tired of her life in general. There was a moment when Vaughn looked on concerned at Sydney's tone of voice. Noticing this Sydney quickly said something.
“Anyway he want’s me to talk to her.
“Good work Syd.” Vaughn replied feeling a bit guilty at Vaughn’s praise Sydney added
“But I made a bit of a mistake though I said her name before he told me it, I think I got out of it but I still think he suspects something. I know I shouldn’t have slipped up but it wasn’t very nice having to to talk about Emily to that son of a -----.”
“Don’t worry about slipping up. Take it easy and don’t arouse his suspicions. Are you okay though Syd you seem a bit down?”
“Sydney smiled inwardly at his concern.
“Yeah I’m fine. The quicker we bring sown SD-6 the better.”
This time it as Vaughn’s turn to smile inwardly because of the way she said “we”. Trying to change the subject he asked
“Did he tell you what time she’ll be arriving”?
“A week.”
“That should give us enough time to get some more Intel on her.” Vaughn said trying to sound a business like as possible.
“Why is the CIA having so much difficulty?”
“This Chloe Sanderson seems to leave no paper trail.”
“The British government seems reluctant to help as well.
“So I’m going in pretty much blind.”
“Seems so." Vaughn flashed an apologetic smile and Sydney realised it sounded like she was blaming him.
“But I’ll muddle through, I mean I always do.”
ait my computer hates me.

Back