New religions

SydneyBristow201717 said:
i'm in the scientific relgion. you kno, people evoled from bateria in to apes, into people. the big bang, etc.
You can be Christian and believe in evolution. I do, and most of my friends do too ;)

iL0v3vAuGhN said:
Betha Bristow said:
AliasALIAS said:
i'm in the scientific relgion. you kno, people evoled from bateria in to apes, into people. the big bang, etc.
You can be Christian and believe in evolution. I do, and most of my friends do too ;)
how?
yeah how?

and what is existentialism?
what DOES that word mean anyways? Leah never said and I'm too lazy to look it up

iL0v3vAuGhN said:
Betha Bristow said:
AliasALIAS said:
how?
yeah how?

I'll explain in the C thread so this thread won't be filled with Chritianity.

According to dictionary.com, existentialism is: A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.

Betha Bristow said:
iL0v3vAuGhN said:
Betha Bristow said:
AliasALIAS said:
how?
yeah how?

what DOES that word mean anyways? Leah never said and I'm too lazy to look it up
its the belief that you make decisions not based on like preset rules of what's thought to be right...erm...does that make sense?...well i'm no dictionary....

i guess i belong here...i dont really have a religon, altho i was babtized (ok, i know i really screwed up the spelling, but i'm too lazy to go look it up ;)) anyways, i went to church school for a year or two and absoultely hated it...i only went cuz my parents forced me too (they're kinda catholic btw)...anyways, i'm not atheist, but i dont have a religon, and i dont believe in the devil or anything, and thats whyi would laugh hysterically after my christian friends kept shoving their religon on me, saying that it was the devil talking, and that i was siding with the devil...all because i was reading a book on wicca!

The definition that AA gave of existentialism is actually quite good. It's actually quite hard to explain, but this place explains it pretty well: existentialism primer

So, yeah, obviously existentialists are atheists. I was agnostic for most of my life (though I think I was baptized at birth), until I started studying about existentialism in french class back in junior year of HS. But I can completely understand why so many people choose to believe in a god. And I completely believe in darwinism too. Many people believe in both a mix of evolutionary theory and creationism.

In french class ??!!
I also understand why ppl believe in a god.
All those philosophies/theories are so many, it's quite hard to know all of them and after to make a choice.

OMG totally the thread for me. I was baptized, but i never went to church or whatever. I never really believed in god while growing up. But now, I go to Catholic high school, where i am rather forced to believe in God, but i just lie about my faith on all my religion assingments.

I know i don't believe in God, but i sometimes still pray, not to god or anything, just kinda like to myself. I'm deffinatly not an athiest, but i just dont practice christianity.

I like a lot of the principles in Buddhism, and in Wicca (yeah, people think its a which religion, but it's actually not.) But i just prefer not to have an exact religion at all. I have my values and principles on life, and that's good enough for me.

I guess i am still exploring what is right for me :smiley:

Back