New start at Old love

TITLE - New Start at Old Love or Green eyes/Brown eyes

AUTHOR - Anji

DISCLAIMER - The owner of Alias is JJ Abrahams, Bad Robots, ABC, Touchstone and anyone else in their group.

SPOILERS - Incase you can't guess, Leoni is Sydney

STATUS - An interesting story

CLASSIFICATION - PG

SUMMARY - An interesting story of how you must never give up trying.

Leoni Armstrong's brown eyes stared out the window. She was daydreaming again. She did that a lot on spring days. She had the same two dreams every time. A man with dark hair and beautiful green eyes was walking through a haze and enveloping her in his arms was one dream. She felt really safe when he did that. The dream she was having that morning was of her and her name-less hero sitting in a restaurant when he suddenly yells at her to run. The next thing she knew they were running down a dark alley when a car pulled up in front of them and a man with a gun got out. The green-eyed man grabbed her arm and led her back up the alley when another armed man stepped in front of them. At that point her hero kicked the legs out from underneath the man behind him and used his gun to shoot the other man.

It was always at this point that Leoni snapped out of her daydream. She couldn’t ever remember why the green eyes were so familiar. Leoni suffered from amnesia. It was nine years ago that she’d been found wandering the streets of Hong Kong. She didn’t remember anything about her previous life except hose two dreams. Leoni knew that those two eyes meant something to her. She only really felt happy when dreaming about them. They were the reason she had never got serious with any guy she had dated. They never made her stomach flip or heart beat like those green eyes…

Some really strange stuff had happened to Leoni. Last year she was returning from a parent/teacher night at the school where she worked as a PE teacher. She saw a light on in her house. Without realising what she was doing, her muscles went into reflex mode. She flattened up against the wall and called the police. By the time they had arrived Leoni had entered the house and laid out the two burglars with her bare hands. She didn’t know where the moves had come from. The police were stunned that such a slight figured woman could knock out two armed men without a scratch to her body. Heck, Leoni was surprised too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you reckon will happen next...

Great start!!!!! (y) Please continue!! Can yuo send me please a PM when you update???
Please post more soon! :woot:

Here's another big chunk. what happened at the emmy's? we havn't seen it here yet and well alias and the emmy's are on at the same time and alias comes first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Vaughn’s green eyes stared out the window. He was remembering again. The love of his life, Sydney Bristow, went missing nine years ago. Spring days saddened him because they were Syd’s favourite type of day. He missed her soft, brown eyes and how they filled with concern every time she saw he wasn’t at his happiest, healthiest or fittest.

He had never stopped looking for her, because in his heart he had never believed that she was dead. He saved all his holidays up so that he could spend a few weeks in France looking for her. He hoped he would see her at the restaurant in Nice, where they had their first date. His colleagues at the CIA thought he had lost it but he knew he had to try. What if this was the time she was there and he missed her? He couldn’t take that chance.

Vaughn was due to go to France next week. Weiss, his best friend, looked at him.
‘I admire your courage, Vaughn, but what makes you think it’ll be any different this time?’
Vaughn replied ‘If I stop trying it means I’ve given up. If I give up then it means she’s dead. I can not live with that reality.’
Leoni finished packing her suitcases. She was going to visit a friend in L.A. for a week before continuing on to France. She’d always felt a connection to that place. On the flight to L.A. Leoni dozed. At her friend Susie’s place she dumped her stuff and looked out the window. There was a park down the road. Leoni changed in to a jogging outfit. Telling Susie where she was off to, Leoni left the apartment.

While she was jogging around the park she saw an old man collecting money for a veteran’s fund. She always donated money to worthy causes because she knew what it was like to be down and out. As she dropped some money into his can she noticed him look strangely at her and say ‘Freelancer requests security clearance.’

“Poor old guy’ she said to herself as she waited for the lights to change. She thought he was remembering his years in the war. She smiled at him and jogged across the road.

Back at CIA HQ, an aide ran up to Vaughn.

‘Sir’, she stammered excitedly, ‘ I think you should know that Freelancer requested to enter but then jogged of in another direction. However we did get video footage of her as she waited to cross the road.’

‘Show me’ Vaughn replied.

The aide pulled up a clip on a nearby computer. Vaughn scrutinized it frame by frame.

‘It’s her’ he whispered, shocked, ‘only Syd pulls her hair over her ear like that.’

He ran out of the building to his car and sped to the park. He approached the old man and asked her which way Freelancer had gone. Vaughn spent the rest of the day searching the area but to no avail.

Vaughn was in the park every day that week just in case Syd jogged past. He was due t leave for France that Saturday, but he was considering putting it off. On Thursday he was sitting back cooling his heels after a jog around the park. He was trying to look as unsuspicious, as if he hadn’t spent a week sitting in a park staring at passers-by. The rubbish man was begging to stare at him suspiciously. In the distance he spotted a tall woman with brown hair. Vaughn ran up to her and pulled her around to face him.

‘Hey’

‘Oh, I’m sorry ma’am. I thought you were someone else.’

She saw the pain deep in his eyes and her heart softened.

‘I’m sorry I’m not whom you are looking for’

Vaughn smiled at her and turned away. That’s when he saw her jogging across the park. His jaw dropped. She hadn’t changed one bit. He took off after her. She jogged across the road. The lights turned red as he reached them,

Desperately, he shouted to her, ‘ Sydney. Stop.’

Sydney stopped dead and her back stiffened. She turned around and looked straight into his eyes. A questioning look entered her eyes but fled as she shrugged her shoulders and continued jogging. Vaughn ran across the road and followed her. He watched as she entered an apartment building. Wondering what she was up to but not wanting to scare her off, Vaughn ran to get his car. He planned to stake out that building till he could figure out what was going on.

When Weiss brought him dinner, Vaughn told him what had happened.
‘It’s her. I knew it for sure when she looked at me. I don’t know if I’ll end up going to France. She’s here. In L.A.’

Weiss just nodded and said, ‘I hope so. For your own sake, I hope so.’

He didn’t think Vaughn could last another disappointment.

i do put in a twist in the future that has something to do with her amnesia. It involves her mum, sark, vaughn and a 'special'/secret somebody. feel free to speculate.

Leoni lay back amidst the bubbles in the bath. She’d almost finished packing for her flight out on Saturday. She thought back over her day.
‘That man in the park’, she thought out loud, ‘Why did I stop when he shouted out Sydney?’

She suddenly sat bolt upright. He was the man from her dreams.

‘Too late to go find him now’, she said as she settled back into the bubbles. Tomorrow was Friday and Susie was taking her shopping.

The next day Leoni looked out the window and noticed a car with a strange man staring at the building. She shivered. If a raid was being planned, she was glad to be going to France. As she got in to Susie’s car she noticed the man looking at her. He said something over his shoulder. A man got up off the back seat and looked at her. It was the man from the park. Leoni sat back in the seat and wondered why she felt so tingly all of a sudden.

Weiss was watching the door to the building so that Vaughn could get some sleep on the back seat. He watched disbelievingly as Sydney left the building.

‘Oh my god. Vaughn, wake up.’

Vaughn sat up, peered out the window and smiled.

‘It’s her’, Weiss said.

‘Told you so’

Weiss hadn’t seen Vaughn so happy for years. Vaughn eye’s just lit up at the sight of Syd.

‘That’s true love, that it can last nine years of separation’, Weiss said to himself as he started the car and followed Syd to the local mall.

When they got there Vaughn told Weiss to keep his comm-piece in and watch the car the two girls came in. Weiss said he would if Vaughn brought him back some food.

‘I’ll get a trolley boy to push it over in a cart’

‘Hang on. Was that a joke? It was wasn’t it? The good old Vaughn is back’, Weiss said with a grin.

Vaughn followed Syd into the mall. The two girls headed straight to a shoe shop. Vaughn rolled his eyes. Typical. At least it wasn’t lingerie. How could he explain that to the enquiring shop assistant? “No, I’m fine. Just browsing.” Weiss would never let him live it down.

Smiling with happiness, Vaughn followed them in and moved to the next aisle so he could listen in.

‘ Leoni. These would look absolutely great with the outfit you’ve got for a night out on the town. Any room in your suitcase?’

‘I’m planning some serious shopping in Paris, before all the hot guys in Nice volunteer to show me the night life. Can I stash stuff at your house till I return?’

‘Sure do you think you will find your memory in France?’

‘Susie, you’ve known me for nine years. You found me in Hong Kong. You know the strange attachment I have to the place. There is one thing though. Yesterday in the park I saw that guy from my dreams. I think it’s a sign.’

‘Have you had anymore dreams?’

‘Just the one where we run from the restaurant and the armed men stop us’

‘You know, you’re dreams are quite creepy. Why would people chase you with guns? How could you knock out two armed burglars? Normal people don’t do things like that. Only spies.’

‘Yeah, right. Like I worked for the CIA. Anyway maybe I’ll find out soon. Remember tomorrow I fly into my future and maybe even my past.’

‘How did the man look?’

‘Even more gorgeous than I dreamt’ Syd replied with a smile dancing across her lips.

After following the two friends into several lingerie stores (of which Weiss would never let him live down), Vaughn and concluded that Sydney knew of herself as Leoni, she was still single (though he couldn’t understand why) and they were both on the same flight to France. Under the circumstances, he felt things couldn’t be much better.

The next morning Vaughn raced to airport and checked in early. He was sitting in the lounge, watching the news when Sydney walked in with Susie. She took Vaughn’s breath away. He smiled as he noticed that out of all the times they had seen each other in airports, none was as quite as weird as this. Their flight was announced and Vaughn got up to board.

tell me if you have requested a PM but haven't got one

I'm going to be cruel. I have heaps to transcibe into Word. Sark DOES make an appearance. My cruelty? i'm only giving yous a little because a0 i love cliffhangers and b) i need time to write. BTW there is now 3 new characters. I know i promised only one but i can break a promise can't i? hhhmmmm i wonder what's going to happen next? *spooky music starts as an evil laugns spreads through my room*

Leoni woke that morning with a feeling of anticipation. All thoughts of the man who followed her around the mall yesterday disappeared from her mind as she thought of her first trip to France and what it had in store for her.

She entered the airport lounge with Susie and they looked around for a seat. She thought she saw the man from the park, but decided she was being too paranoid for her own good. Leoni said goodbye to Susie and went to board when her flight was announced. Susie wondered if it was a coincidence that a man who fitted the description Leoni gave her, board the same plane as her friend. Susie shrugged but didn’t give it a second thought.

Vaughn settled into his seat and made himself comfortable. He was seated several rows behind Sydney. During the long flight to Paris, Vaughn got up and went to the front of the plane. He gave the stewardess a smile that made her heart pound and showed her his ID. He explained that he was following a suspect and asked whether she would be able to tell him the name of the woman sitting in seat 12B. Eager to please, the stewardess accessed the passenger list and told him that the woman’s name was Leoni Armstrong. Vaughn thanked her and while returning to his seat he noticed that Sydney was curled up fast asleep. He knew he could have stared at her for the entire night but he was blocking up the aisle. That night Vaughn fell straight asleep for the first time in nine years. Usually he would be awake for hours wondering where Syd could be. This time he knew.

When he awoke the next morning, his eyes instantly scanned the plane for Her. She was returning from the bathroom. Vaughn realized he had better make himself look presentable too.

You are all gonna hate me :lol: Mwuhahahahahahahahaha. Yes anyway. I'm about 5 pages ahead of you and trust me there is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A LOT</span> of twists. sorry about the cliffhanger soon. try and guess what happens next.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leoni walked onto the plan and looked for her seat. A stewardess approached.

‘May I help you Madam?’
‘Yes. I’m looking for seat 12B’ Leoni replied in French.
‘If you would follow me. Madam, you speak French like a native. Where did you learn?’
‘I don’t know. I must have picked it up somewhere.’ She replied evasively

The stewardess apologized and helped Leoni settle into her seat.
Leoni stretched out. Where had she learnt to speak fluent French like that? She hadn’t had to speak French before so she didn’t know she had the skill. After a filling dinner, Leoni decided to finish her novel, but sleep overcame her first.

The next morning Leoni woke bright and early and decided to get up, wash her face and make herself look human again. As she walked back to her seat she noticed every male eye was staring at her. Feeling unnerved Leoni finished her breakfast and stretched out to finish her book. (Incase anyone wants to know it was a spy novel. Leoni had a thing about action. When it happened to her though she preferred to know what was going on and why she was kicking butt.)

Once the plane landed, Leoni decided to book out a hire car and explore beautiful Paris. Feeling adventurous she requested a sporty, black Mercedes-Benz. Stepping out of the airport, Leoni looked at the car with pride. It was hers for a week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaughn had ordered his car before he left L.A. so he only had to walk out of the airport, stash his luggage in the deep blue Ferrari and wait for Syd to climb into her car. Spotting her as she left the airport, Vaughn gave her enough time to get into the car before he left his parking spot. Ever the gentleman he let Syd’s car enter the traffic right in front of his.

Vaughn followed Syd around Paris for the whole week. They were due to leave for Nice on the same flight on Friday. On Wednesday he lost her as she outmanoeuvred him on the busy streets of Paris. When he checked at her hotel he found she had checked out that morning.

It was on Tuesday that Leoni realized a dark blue Ferrari was following her. She watched it closely all day and she found it never left her tail. On Wednesday morning she checked out of the hotel and called the car firm. She arranged for them to pick up the Mercedes and drop off a Mini Cooper at a local mall. Later on tat day she waited until the lights ahead of her turned orange. Just before the lights turned red she slammed the pedal down and sped off leaving a cloud of smoke and the Ferrari stranded at the lights. Taking the back roads, Leoni made her way back to the mall and swapped cars. Leoni booked into another hotel for two nights. For the next two days she found no car following her. The only thing plaguing her mind was how she knew how to avoid pursuit.

Vaughn cursed himself for the fifth time that day. He should have realized that avoiding people who were trailing her was so second nature to Sydney that it came automatically to her. He decided to go to Nice now and keep an eye out for her. He had found out her date of departure, so least he wouldn’t permanently lose her again.

Vaughn arrived in Nice that night and went straight to his hotel and checked in. He spent the next few mornings just walking the streets and soaking up the atmosphere. On Saturday he phoned the airline and asked if a Ms Leoni Armstrong had arrived yet. He was told she had landed an hour ago. Vaughn smiled. He had felt unbelievably happy these past few weeks. He had never thought he would have smiled again, when Sydney first went missing.

The next day, whilst strolling the back streets, Vaughn heard a young woman scream for help. Without thinking, Vaughn ran down a dark alley where he saw a group of thugs encircling a young woman. One of the men had managed to sneak up behind her and grab hold of her arms. The other men were trying to get in close enough to kiss her, but whenever they got too close they received a hearty kick.

Vaughn walked up to hem and asked what was going on. One of the youths blocked his way and said ‘Invitation only’.
‘Well, I just invited myself as he kicked the legs out from underneath the youth. Any youth who approached him got knocked out. The man who was holding the woman took one look at the fallen thugs around Vaughn’s feet and took of with the rest of his gang.

The woman slumped to her knees and burying her face in her hands, she started sobbing with relief.

Eek! I just found this fic and fell in <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>love </span>with it!! :eekhair: :love:
This is soo good! I love how she's been so true to believing that those green eyes were so important to her!! :D
Great fic, can't wait for more! :angelic: Can I get a PM? :confused: :blush:
thanx! :lol:
🦋 Colly E.

Back